Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1781010866709676215

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

those are not actually the cutet grandikids ever imo

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
What are you talking about? What could be more cutet than a grandikid with a melting face and a stump arm?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

drat i knew some of those photos looked hosed up as hell. some of them didnt even look like her lol.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

flubber nuts posted:

drat i knew some of those photos looked hosed up as hell. some of them didnt even look like her lol.

Did they mention in the documentary that they were "recreations" or whatever? Or did they legit pass AI images off as part of a documentary?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Chewbecca posted:

Did they mention in the documentary that they were "recreations" or whatever? Or did they legit pass AI images off as part of a documentary?

i didnt watch the credits but absolutely zero mention of recreation during the ai photo scenes.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

flubber nuts posted:

i didnt watch the credits but absolutely zero mention of recreation during the ai photo scenes.

That's an obscenity and documentary makers should know better. At minimum there should be a caption on the screen saying "AI recreation of [person] doing [thing]" but I don't see a reason to include AI images at all

Is it a documentary or a dramatic recreation?

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
ive been using topaz gigapixel for photo restoration the last ~5 years & im certain those are artifacts of AI upscaling from too small/poor quality source images

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

VERY COOL MAN posted:

ive been using topaz gigapixel for photo restoration the last ~5 years & im certain those are artifacts of AI upscaling from too small/poor quality source images

Fucks sake. That explains it better than just whole-cloth fakes being put in by the director/editor and okayed by bosses, by lawyers checking image rights, etc. Still bullshit and unnecessary. Audiences who watch historical docs accept blurry old photos if that's all there is. For fucks sake. I edit documentaries and this puts what we do to shame. We really work hard not to get one over for story's sake and some huge loving streaming platform throws this up and makes us all look like chancers.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Show a blurry photo then run a cool enhance effect across it to show the ai upscale, bam you added more content and are disclosing it.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Fucks sake. That explains it better than just whole-cloth fakes being put in by the director/editor and okayed by bosses, by lawyers checking image rights, etc. Still bullshit and unnecessary. Audiences who watch historical docs accept blurry old photos if that's all there is. For fucks sake. I edit documentaries and this puts what we do to shame. We really work hard not to get one over for story's sake and some huge loving streaming platform throws this up and makes us all look like chancers.

i agree with you, fwiw. i am mostly removing moire patterns or jpeg artifacting from rough scans of 90s rap CD booklets. those photos from the netflix doc are atrocious

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

If you watch Man on the Run on netflix it's a documentary on the malaysian prime minister stealing billions from the public, Ai art is used predominantly for caricatures in the worst way possible but not widely condemned because barely anyone watched it

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Tunicate posted:

Show a blurry photo then run a cool enhance effect across it to show the ai upscale, bam you added more content and are disclosing it.

You didn't add content relevant to the documentary, you added four seconds of runtime in the form of irrelevant "AI" masturbation and diluted your actual content. Netflix, of course, did it because if it doesn't get found out it looks okay, and if it does get found out hey, that's free advertising, baby!

E: holy poo poo those Man On The Run ones are terrible.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiCZoHUL7qU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I get the AI is cheap/free or whatever to use - but do the producers not see that the output looks like poo poo? Do they see the mangled hands and bizarrely proportioned whatever's and just say that's it folks, we got 'em

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You'd think the nazi mom would be less happy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Chewbecca posted:

I get the AI is cheap/free or whatever to use - but do the producers not see that the output looks like poo poo? Do they see the mangled hands and bizarrely proportioned whatever's and just say that's it folks, we got 'em

The art department (probably one person) sure as poo poo knows, but the producers are the dad from Elf.

Once, I had a producer yell to the crew, "let's go, we're not winning any Emmys here".

theflyingexecutive has a new favorite as of 09:25 on Apr 20, 2024

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wanma read huckleberry finn but he gets a mega beam rifle from gundam

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tom Swift with AI charactetistics

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Huckleberry Finn keeps that Huckleberry Thang on him

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The one entertaining use of the-stuff-currently-being-referred-to-as-AI is mashing together concepts no human ever would in evocative manners. That's why ChatGPT was better when it was worse; it was funny to read Aliens scripts where the dropship had like forty people on it and new ones just kept spawning into existence, now it's just good enough to be boring.

Anyway what I'm saying is I would read this book.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 12:24 on Apr 21, 2024

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

I keep getting this poo poo recommended on youtube,i block one and another channel pops up.

It all looks like absolute poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I keep getting this poo poo recommended on youtube,i block one and another channel pops up.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

There's about 5-6 of these.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Open your eyes 70% and see what the gently caress

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

egg_dog posted:

Open your eyes 70% and see what the gently caress
Ave Lamia

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Splicer posted:

Ave Lamia

Singing it this way from now on

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
we have stock photos at home

stock photos at home:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

One Iowa is arguably too much

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
eggs cost $Iowa a dozen, thanks brandon

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

One Iowa is arguably too much

One Iowa Too Many

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A day late, an Iowa short

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
My boss makes an Iowa, I make a dime, so I look at AI crap on company time

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023
Please doctor, how much for my childs heart medication

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
A Fistful of Iowas

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

:shlick:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Filthy buggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/kidkerrigan/status/1782888749333897319?t=jqJ5F8tZhWM2Iy22KSPDeg&s=19