Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Orlando hung in there but Milwaukee has a little too much shot creation and Orlando was overagressive and fouled too much trying to compensate. Combined with a bad shooting night outside and they couldn't quite do it. They aren't in that top tier of the east quite yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Athanatos posted:

Magic had plenty of open shots to get back into this game at the end here...

Just missing every single one of them.

really sucks to get waxed by the sixer without embiid but the team is just noticeably worse when WCJR plays

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Maestro posted:

Having to listen to the radio feed for this Kings/Magic game, double OT what the hell

I went to bed before it got good :/

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

You're right, that is not a great example.

I wish google wasn't terrible now so I didn't end up having to do most of the work myself to find this

But anyway: https://official.nba.com/rule-no-10-violations-and-penalties/

Rule 10 Section XIII F+G

f. A player who attempts a field goal may not be the first to touch the ball if it fails to touch the backboard, basket ring or another player.
g. A player may not be the first to touch his own pass unless the ball touches his back- board, basket ring or another player.

Iirc it’s a double dribble in fiba rules so maybe that’s the mix up

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Orlando is absolutely snakebit this game and MN is playing kinda pissed at their slow start of the year.
Orlando is down like 4 rotation players including 2 starters, Fultz is on a harsh minutes limit and Cole Anthony reinjured himself, it’s a shock they only lost by 20

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lot of uncompetitive games today

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

When I turned on Nets/Clips and saw the score, I definitely was expecting to see that at least one ofLeonard or George were sitting, and yet

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Aye Doc posted:

theyre both definitely standing right now lets go clips!!!!!!

Absolutely wild that they entered the 4th up 15 and lost by double digits. Historic collapse

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Everyone but Brogdon is so bad for Portland so far but Brogdon is almost beating the Lakers by himself.

If brogdon didn't average 50 games a year and play half of those nursing an injury, I think he would be one of the better and more valuable players in the league. But he only plays 30 healthy games a year so it is what it is

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

i would like to note that gobert fully hand checked ball on that possession

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What the hell. Lively got 4 FTs in a row. Got fouled and then flagranted after the whistle. 4x FTs and ball back. Thats crazy.

to be clear the foul on anthony was bs, it should have just been a flagrant on wendell for accidentally busting his face open

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Suggs/Franz/Paolo/Isaac/Carter death lineup at the end of games has to have some crazy defensive rating the past two games

it works extremely well as long as the other team doesn't have a legit center who can abuse Carter. I hate to say it but minute for minute Isaac is as good a defensive player as there is in the league

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mean Baby posted:

Ayton is really cooking tonight, not just scoring but playing good D and passing well…

For some reason he's almost always good against Denver/Jokic.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is Booker just kind of medium now?

he's having his best season ever by the numbers

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mean Baby posted:

If anyone wants updates on the G-League Ignite vs Ontario Clippers, I’m available.

Do go on

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Franz absolutely taking it to Victor, worst a German has ever treated a Frenchman probably

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

they overturned that? lol. verticality isnt real also it doesnt involve hitting a dude in the stomach mid air

If it’s not real it can be whatever you want it to be

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I know Mitchell was out but taking out the Cavs on a putrid shooting night for Paolo is nice

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Wolves have absolutely no energy this game

seems they found some

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

I make fun of Beal a lot but he is the only Sun playing this quarter.

KD is playing…like poo poo!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

wow the nuggets just rolled over in OT

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

big boi posted:

Barkley is the king of repeating himself

he does the little kid thing of just saying something over and over until someone directly and explicitly responds to it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

OH poo poo

Ant just dislocated his finger on maybe the biggest dunk of the year

insanely cool dunk and he maybe blinded a guy too

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kibner posted:

zion going draymond on these refs wow

I only caught the last five minutes. I was expecting a much closer game tbh

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spacebump posted:

same.

Not super familiar with his game but he won an MVP so he must have been pretty dang good.

I’ve never seen much of him but he won MVP his rookie year and it looks like it was a bit of a robbery. Reed and Chamberlain were just outright superior at the same position and a half dozen other guys had pretty clearly better seasons. Bullets won the most games (by two) but got swept in the first round.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Great win for orlando, just bigger and faster than the Pels. Going only 5-3 on an 8 game homestand because they lost 2 games by a single possession was disappointing so it's nice to right the ship a little

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

i just can't process that "malachi flynn had 50 off the bench for the pistons, in a loss" is a true statement

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Brandon Jennings or Tony Delk imo

e: maybe Corey Brewer

jennings averaged 15+ for more than half a decade and 19 points one season, a 50 point game from him is way less of a fluke than delk and brewer who rarely even broke 10ppg and mostly played off the bench. it's never apples to apples but so far flynn has by far the lowest scoring average over his first four seasons of those guys (5 for him, 8 for brewer and delk, 17 for jennings)

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Cavs helping off of LeBron James is an interesting strategy.

Yeah it's really impressive. I can't believe he's not even in the DPOY discussion this year.

It just never goes to a very good defender on a mediocre team defense. Minny, Orlando, and Boston are way ahead of everyone else in DRTG and I can’t see how anyone but Gobert gets it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Orlando basically has to win out or they likely drop to the 4 or 5 seed now, losing to a rockets team with nothing to play for hurts

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Take a look at the suns clippers box score if you want a laugh

It just keeps getting worse…

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

While they did not maintain their pace the clippers actually extended their lead in the second quarter lmbo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Algund Eenboom posted:

What the gently caress is "the ministry of ungentlemanly warfare." Is this a real movie. Am i being pranked

it was an actual nickname for the special operations executive, one of the British sabotage and espionage agencies in WW2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kingcobweb posted:

First NBA playoff game this year is about to start!!

What the heck