Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

wyoming posted:

Also talks a bit about how he's writing a King Arthur-esqe tale set in the wild west.

Isn't that just the Roland Deschain background story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

wyoming posted:

Later he also went in a bit about some lore and what didn't make it in the PG13 cut and he revealed how the dreadnaughts are able to fold time.
they apparently captured goddesses from other dimensions and chained them to the engines :black101:

I can't believe Bloodmachines is canon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grendels Dad posted:

Zack Snyder is my son when he didn't clean his room and can't find a specific toy for a scene he has in mind so he'll just take whatever and pretends those cowboys ard actually knights because eh, close enough.

Stephen King?

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
If y'all like what Snyder has been doing with his cinematography since AotD, I recommend checking out the new FX show Shogun. It's used sparingly but the choices they do with their lenses and how some shots are composed are strongly reminiscent of his style.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

CelticPredator posted:

Pointless movie. I’ll wait for the dlc

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJuNHOd8Dw

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Part 2 is looking very promising

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

wyoming posted:

they apparently captured goddesses from other dimensions and chained them to the engines :black101:

i am stealing this for my scifi rpg-campaign, such a cool idea

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Another giant bird. This time a big white one. Giant bird battle time?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Well checkovs bird, if you put a bird on the mantle you have to...uh...do battle with it?

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

I'm so in. Got me excited like only a Snyder trailer can

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

they kinda put the whole movie in the trailer

edit: looking at that trailer again i guess the finale of rebel moon part 2 is admiral noble having a sword fight with kora while his ship blows up, same as part 1. an idea so good we're doin it twice

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 21, 2024

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://x.com/tommcjl/status/1772026808738754581?s=46&t=yPIpoeD_1zo6-P4nl9Hh1g

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://x.com/rebelmoon/status/1772654909860495665?s=20

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

There's an early screening of part 2 in Denver, if anyone happens to live in that general direction

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/Ganglosaxonnne/status/1777381553942700370

GRAIN ARGUMENT GRAIN ARGUMENT

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
25 tweets about cinematic grain?!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Not even the good kind!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

"lets talk about Wheat...1/25"

No.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Is it that same posters twitter? Zack's Grain breaks brains.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man says he sold excess grain to rebels. A dreadnought-class ship shows up and lands troops in the village the man who sold the excess grain to the rebels lives in. Heroes see villains take rebel contact away in later scene. These things are not related and it's just hack writing that makes no sense.

Even if you don't want to concede that point, which is weird and why do you even watch movies if you're ignoring the text of the film, fascists don't need excuses to do bad things. They do because they can. That's the whole point!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
it's a stupid argument from so many angles that it almost seems intentionally calculated to exhaust people out of responding

there are plausible diegetic reasons they need the grain
even if the numbers don't add up who gives a poo poo, it's a movie, not an accounting document
every invading / occupying colonial force in history has done something like this
the purpose is as much to discipline the colony for resistance as it is a matter of anything directly practical

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If only the fascist empire was rational in how it opresses people Rebel Moon.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Also you gotta figure the typical logistics wild-rear end-guesses don't work when your interstellar travel is based on capturing deities from other dimensions

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Little does this dude know that GrainGate is completely explained and accounted for in the 3 hour director's cut.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Also, maybe it's, like, space grain that works different than Earth grain. You don't know, nor should you care enough to post 25 tweets about it.

But mostly what everyone else said about fascists.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Given the hackjob Netflix did on the baby cut it's weird that there seems to be more complaints about the farming than anything else.

I outta dig up some posts from another movie forum complaining about the field Sophia was plowing being unrealistic or something, it was very funny

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I gave up reading twitter threads for the rest of my life

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Agreed. The words, "A thread." are a cue for me to move the gently caress on. Same for that thread icon.

It's just not the medium for that.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

In this twitter thread I'm going to talk about how bad twitter threads are 1/500.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Also you gotta figure the typical logistics wild-rear end-guesses don't work when your interstellar travel is based on capturing deities from other dimensions

It seems like if you've attacked and dethroned a countless amount of gods that you wouldn't really give a poo poo about some wheat though

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RBA Starblade posted:

It seems like if you've attacked and dethroned a countless amount of gods that you wouldn't really give a poo poo about some wheat though

People gotta eat. And resistances to fascists have to be put down.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

thrawn527 posted:

People gotta eat. And resistances to fascists have to be put down.

Just get one of those gods to make some more wheat for you once you've parked the mobile oppression fortress

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I guarantee these guys are wrong about the grain, but it’s also not because they’re overthinking the economics of grain farming. Probably they’re like the libertarians who got mad at Elysium because they didn’t understand artificial scarcity.

I’m just going to hold off on a proper analysis because the actual movie isn’t even out yet.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

Sure, so what's the other reason why they might come down on this particular village in the middle of nowhere?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Those are all travel gods, not agriculture gods, probably.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I guarantee these guys are wrong about the grain, but it’s also not because they’re overthinking the economics of grain farming. Probably they’re like the libertarians who got mad at Elysium because they didn’t understand artificial scarcity.

I’m just going to hold off on a proper analysis because the actual movie isn’t even out yet.

This is a good point, and the fault of Netflix (and, to a point, Snyder for agreeing to this messed up release schedule). But do you really think the longer cut will get into the grain subplot?

I mean, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Blood Boils posted:

Einkorn or rye??? It's never clear!! Hack Snyder fails again

Edit: to call it a subplot seems generous

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 9, 2024