Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
only a coward would refrain from watching both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What about dungeon meshi yaoi? Where's the LaiosxSenshi doujins?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Laois already has heart set on the Dunegon monsters!

Anyway it sure is something watching Metallic Rouge fail to handle multiple plots in one cour while Bravern is juggling as many but doing a way better job. Also Bravern is keeping the strengths of Obari but avoiding the weaknesses his works can have

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
We even got some 90s OVA-Era Obari wildly shredded anatomy from Isami this week.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I was really goddamn surprised at Bravern this week but I can only roll my eyes at Metallic Rouge, the twists don't feel earned, they just feel like "well we gotta have a twist here or people will say we're mid" when it's the twists that are driving me to say the show is mid, mid as hell. I can't muster up any strong feelings for it and I'm only watching now because I've never abandoned a show past its 9th episode unless it was 4 cours.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Kwyndig posted:

What about dungeon meshi yaoi? Where's the LaiosxSenshi doujins?
Dungeon meshi yaoi is a thing actually, the anime just yet has to get to the parts that inspire it - funnily both the popular M/M ships involve Kabru

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://x.com/mangamogurare/status/1771146818719531108?s=46&t=pvpF05Th-z9dFyQ8s8vauQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lEkMojnYyw

Looks pretty interesting. Also we finally have an answer to "What if we made Cousin Itt an anime girl?"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, is Mappa making an anime about making anime some coded cry for help? /Jk

Looks like it could be interesting though ill be comparing it against Eizouken which is the bear show about making anime.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Finished Ishura.
Not really surprised at the ones that did end up dying since they didn't seem very that strong. Even if still a bit sad. Will probably watch a 2nd season just because I wanna see the tournament.

The pacing in the first half with the intro stories makes a lot more sense when I realized/found out its a narou novel, so imagining as a webnovel an author releasing episodic chapters for each hero has they go along frames it better to me.

Yuno was really annoying though, and that General that kept wanting to just die in glory.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Finished Ishura.
Not really surprised at the ones that did end up dying since they didn't seem very that strong. Even if still a bit sad. Will probably watch a 2nd season just because I wanna see the tournament.

The pacing in the first half with the intro stories makes a lot more sense when I realized/found out its a narou novel, so imagining as a webnovel an author releasing episodic chapters for each hero has they go along frames it better to me.

Yuno was really annoying though, and that General that kept wanting to just die in glory.

I mean, Dakai and Kuze seemed pretty strong. They just had the misfortune to run into the seeming main protagonist, who so far has been FAR less interesting as a character then either of them. Which is kind of the problem - who left is even both interesting and fun to watch? Yuno and Hargent certainly aren't, and as referenced Soujiro has been worthless for anything other than "wow, cool fight graphics." Alus has a similar problem, if not to the same degree. The Elea and Kia group? Maybe? Except Elea getting all her poo poo basically swept under the rug is frustrating in a different way.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Julias posted:

https://x.com/mangamogurare/status/1771146818719531108?s=46&t=pvpF05Th-z9dFyQ8s8vauQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lEkMojnYyw

Looks pretty interesting. Also we finally have an answer to "What if we made Cousin Itt an anime girl?"

Script by Kimiko Ueno :letsgo:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

give us more Shirobako seasons you cowards

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

and more Eizouken!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Need to add that to my backlog

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Since it comes up so frequently and it's because of everyone's posts in here, I thought I'd say that I finally watched MyGO.

Great show that completely killed my interest with the final episode. Maybe I need to be a fan of the franchise or something, but I have zero interest in watching a band of villains when I was so bored by their performance.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

feels like lv99 Villainess might just end everything with one anime season, they seem to have solved a lot of stuff in the 2nd to last episode.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Maera Sior posted:

Since it comes up so frequently and it's because of everyone's posts in here, I thought I'd say that I finally watched MyGO.

Great show that completely killed my interest with the final episode. Maybe I need to be a fan of the franchise or something, but I have zero interest in watching a band of villains when I was so bored by their performance.

lol yeah

I think some of the setup was interesting but it really was not what I wanted

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

i thought the ave mujica performance was neat. its a bit 'advertising season 2' but i think it was a neat contrast with mygo's performances. super overdramatic, corporate, has a 10 minute long spoken word intro. like the 'this feels kinda fake and overdone' reaction is intentional i think, especially contrasted with the stinger at the end of the ep

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

GateOfD posted:

feels like lv99 Villainess might just end everything with one anime season, they seem to have solved a lot of stuff in the 2nd to last episode.

I haven't seen this week's episode but the first volume of Lv99's light novel wraps up pretty much everything and this season is just adapting the first book. There's three more volumes.

I've heard books two and three are kind of boring and it picks up again on four. Maybe when the anime finishes I'll read the second.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i also think the transition into setting up ave mujica was clunky and the weakest part of the show, but i'm kind of into their incredibly convoluted 70s deep purple meets ghost stage show and some of the drama they're setting up seems like it could be cool. i also liked their song more than any of the mygo music that was in the show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the transition to ave mujica was worth it just for the subtle detail where sakiko tells nyamu that mutsumi is part of the band, and then after that scene it shows her asking mutsumi to be in the band. lmao

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

that's pretty solid
using an entire season for one volume.

if only other popular series were as willing.
i think the Spice & Wolf remake is gonna follow the old school style of 4-6 episodes per volume like the old one instead of like 2-3 like how a lot are nowadays

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Level 99 Villainess would be more interesting if the game decided to push her role instead of her trying to avoid it. It's been a fun ride regardless.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm just glad it didn't go the route of the nobles trying to make trouble for her over and over when they lose everytime

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

getting spoiled epic style...le sigh..

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

getting spoiled epic style...le sigh..

i knew you were into lv99 villainess

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh sorry symbolic i didnt remember you were watching it rip

Tbf its all stuff that like i said mostly serves as a s2 teaser its not the thrust of the drama

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 23, 2024

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

GateOfD posted:

that episode felt like suddenly everything just sort of happened like they really needed to set things up for the next episode, pacing be damned.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

Oh sorry symbolic i didnt remember you were watching it rip

Tbf its all stuff that like i said mostly serves as a s2 teaser its not the thrust of the drama

i'm also loving around, if I didn't watch it while it was airing that's on me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

drat i felt bad lol...... im gonna dropkick you

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

drat i felt bad lol...... im gonna dropkick you

:troll:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XJxfbN36Uw

Crunchy got Dandadan trailer subbed

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i think the ending is cool. their performance is so gross and unpleasant, and i think it's neat how the whole season ends up being framed by sakiko

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Maera Sior posted:

Were you doing the reddit MyGo rewatch? They just hit that episode today. I noticed it a little too late to start posting in it myself, but there are some very passionate fans in there pointing out stuff I missed.

But yeah, I hear you to an extent. I was annoyed that the last half of MyGo did not actually follow MyGo. But I'm totally on board to watch Sakiko break bad next winter, and apparently the MyGos will be showing up from time to time (which is good because that whole Sakiko / Tomori reckoning seems like it should really be resolved at some point).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone know what the deal is when Crunchyroll does simuldubs? I've been watching Metallic Rouge in English this whole time but had to switch to subs for the last episode because I didn't see the dub uploaded and I still don't see it days later. What's the lead time on a voiceover recording to release date for an episode? Are simuldubs dubbed on very short notice and they just didn't have time to put up this week's episode with the English track?

Or did Crunchyroll just forget because their website and business practices are scattershot?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aren't the simuldubs released a week after the episode comes out subbed

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Aren't the simuldubs released a week after the episode comes out subbed

Not always, this one has been releasing same day, just like the Dungeon Meshi dub.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Agronox posted:

Were you doing the reddit MyGo rewatch? They just hit that episode today. I noticed it a little too late to start posting in it myself, but there are some very passionate fans in there pointing out stuff I missed.

Actually no, we just happened to start it a few weeks ago. My husband got a kick out of describing it to as his bandmates as a fantasy (they're having problems finding a drummer who can work with their schedule).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1771395227217002958?t=6j32lR-1Ok2NUHo8u4s5rw&s=19

New Code Geass getting a theatrical version in May and a 12 episode run on Disney Plus in June.

Also Baki Hanma vs Kengan Ashura crossover fight
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1771385479985869012?t=ZZpA4I7D0X9j5SVmJc7BTw&s=19

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

Actually no, we just happened to start it a few weeks ago. My husband got a kick out of describing it to as his bandmates as a fantasy (they're having problems finding a drummer who can work with their schedule).
the fact that the drummer is the most devoted to the band's lead is definitely the most unrealistic part. the bassist having weird girl drama going on is accurate tho