Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah unless you for some reason enjoy Isekai this is a pretty light season. I'll be catching up on shows from the last few seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's just outside of holdovers from last season and dungeon meshi nothing really catches my eye.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's too many shows to do that now. Maybe a few seasons ago you could have managed it but there's like a ton of shows this season and it isn't feasible to watch every anime while still having a life.

Edit: unless I miscounted there's 47 full length shows which is enough to waste an entire day on anime with breaks for bathroom, snacks, and drinks. Even broken up into more meaningful chunks that's still most of your leisure time during the week if you work a full time job. Do you really want to spend all your time watching anime?

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 28, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's still accurate if you consider announcement to be a hard date and not a we're working on it guys we swear. I for one am willing to be cautiously optimistic, remember other shows have gotten season 2 announcements only to be indefinitely delayed due to production difficulties.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We've been getting snow intermittently and it doesn't stick more than one or two days.

Last year we had crazy snow for the region though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I prefer no deaths for my isekai but I'll take ironic ones if I have to. Truck-kun and knife-chan are lazy excuses used by hacks. Not that many people are run over or stabbed in Japan but if you went by isekai media they're the leading cause of death in Japan.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Knights and Magic guy got hit by a car after buying a new gunpla iirc, I guess even the author realized that buried under a mountain of injection molded plastic wasn't realistic.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

wdarkk posted:

There are plenty of people who own enough backlog to bury them but I'm not sure they're dense enough to kill.

Thank you, that's what I meant. Each kit weighs a few ounces, you'd need a few thousand to do any real damage to a person. I've personally been buried under somebody else's unfinished gunpla collection and the only thing that was hurt was my pride.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

And Konosuba comes back soon, if you like comedy, explosions, fanservice, and explosions.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Database database I'm watching all this database database I cannot stop the database database now that it's in my head database database somebody kill me database database

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Smartphone is lazy writing, magic Amazon can be interesting though. Like having to pay for stuff so you can't just buy your way out of problems (unless you can buy salt, butchers love salt) and having to deal with trying to find exactly what you're looking for (although many writers just cheat that).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It should be noted that some publishing houses are betting that even a mediocre adaptation can hit out big and move books. Hopefully this past year will prove them wrong, but we live in hell so we'll probably be buried in minimum effort LN adaptations for the foreseeable future.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fangz posted:

Kinda expecting Gushing to get removed from Hidive in a few weeks tbh

I don't know, I've seen some pretty trashy stuff on Hi-Dive. Like that Peter Grill anime, which I haven't actually watched but know of by reputation.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They only recently found enough animators willing to draw thicc elves.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

OnimaruXLR posted:

No offense meant to fans of the comic, but does it ever stop being the same handful of jokes about misadventures in elf weight control?

They introduce other characters with their own unique body issues but the main thrust is still about exercise and portion control.

They also add some horny for MC guy jokes with some of the characters.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fluffy paradise features the most OP three year old I've ever seen in anime, and she basically still has the mind of a child aside from the occasional moment of clarity when she realizes just how over her head she's in. No real adult would be this obsessed with petting animals, she has no fear. She's also not taking her job as arbiter of mankind very seriously, it's almost like the author continually forgets this is an isekai story and their editor is reminding them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Doctor Doolittle powers are not OP, I'm gonna die on this hill :colbert:

She has better than Doctor Doolittle powers though, she has a pacifying effect on any animal she meets. I mean she hand fed a goddamn tiger and pacified a dragon with head pats. No matter how intelligent those animals are they see humans as annoyances at best and food at worst but they roll over and play nice doggie for the little girl.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honestly I think just here since I've never heard of them in casual conversations about anime before, even ones that go into the weeds.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GateOfD posted:

Villainess lv99 ep2 still fun and good.
lol, jrpg gamer girl that only played the otome game because it had a leveling mechanic to it

I liked how in the first episode she was like "I've been sneaking out of the house and hardcore grinding in the nearby dungeon since I was 5" and the other girl is like "ugu I'm only level 1" despite also possessing OP cheat magic. Really gets you into the character's heads.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No see she has to be lying somehow because the idea that someone would just mindlessly grind levels for ten years straight never occurred to them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CG, not adorable felt creature stop motions? I'm sad now, this wicked world ill deserves pui pui mol car

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm probably going to drop My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me! at some time but I did find it funny that one of the character classes they have in this world is American ninja

Yeah it's not really adding anything to the manga besides a special effect every time the MC kills somebody (which makes it clearer he's using his death ability but is unnecessary) and the guardian spirit is somehow more annoying in motion than in text so I'm probably going to drop it too.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Not really? It was just nice they did something to indicate he was taking action and people weren't just falling over dead.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So I'm watching Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic and I'm actually enjoying it so far. It helps that he got an adorable bear sidekick last week. The action so far feels grounded for fantasy and we'll see if that continues as the story progresses.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well she's gotta have her crown, she's a princess. Did you expect her to wear it under the baseball cap? That would just be silly.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GateOfD posted:

lv99 ep4

my god, these male harem characters are so dumb lol
lol, Monster Flute calling spam. Love that the one decent guy is the one that gets saved when he tries to protect her like a regular person. Like the part in the opening how all the harem protects the white magic girl, and then with those two, he steps in front, and the MC just nukes everything.

I'll admit I laughed. Especially at the healing magic bit. I guess I have a dark sense of humor. Show continues to deliver, will keep watching and hopefully that light girl will stop being so high strung and judgemental. Nobody likes a bigot, Alicia.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Spleen is an organ most people know of only by reputation in that's it's an organ you can pretty safely lose.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh nobody licensed Pon no Michi, they all decided the asking price wasn't worth it for a show with such niche appeal.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Despite this being the era with CR, HD, D+, and Netflix grabbing every license they can just to keep the other guy from having it, there are shows still so mid that nobody wants to license them. The only way to get around this is to make a great fan community with lots of active members, if the house thinks there's demand for it it'll get licensed.

I'm not saying you should fake this for a show you personally enjoy, but AI tools are out there and with a little editing you can make it look like ten thousand people post on your sgt frog message board or whatever, just hide the IPs or the gig is up.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah all the licensed mahjong anime have been double threats, with either a mobile game or a manga series to promote. This one has neither, it has tie in manga to promote it which have no Western traction.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's extremely episodic, yeah. The framing story doesn't have a real plot to it as of this point and I don't know if it ever will.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Can't beat the power of the half brick, yo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's what happens when your universe is the last stop on the line, proverbially speaking. You get all the riff raff who weren't going anywhere in particular.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Lamo Rishe's lecture on how to keep a prisoner and Arnold knowing she'd escape was funny

I liked how she went out the door like a proper lady, not mentioning the ten or so guards she had to take out to go that way. Those poor guards, they thought they had cornered a sheep, when it was the wolf who waited for them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GateOfD posted:

oh its lv999 day

People are watching that? It's just more number go up wish fulfillment litrpg fantasy right?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No that's level 99 villainess. Level 999 is a bog standard fantasy go to dungeon grind for loot story from what little I've heard about it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

One's about a tank and is boring, one's about a lady and is funny. If you use more of the drat title there's no confusion.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Right I can't remember all the details about lovely number go up anime.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is Doctor Elise actually good or is it patient needs mouse bites to live level of medical drama? It's a bit late in the season to add a whole show but I can put it on my backlog if it's good. I actually watch shows on my backlog, just not with the same intensity as new releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thank God for the people who want to actually want to watch the show it'll be on Crunchyroll.