Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It's less forgets and more he just drops a character if they don't fit or have a use.

Vindel was only there because Toriyama wanted to do wacky dragon ball again but once they made him bring Goku back for more battle manga there was no place for her. Just like 90% of the cast in Buu.

Same with Launch. It became a battle manga and her gag of "shoots people with bullets when she sneezed" was pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Luffy and Boa Hancock maybe? Kind of one sided because Luffy's first love is adventure.

Edit: Almost the same post. Neat.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

They probably didn't know if they were getting a second season so they skipped other heroes to have the main character's big fight in the first season.

I haven't read the wn/ln but I'd guess it all ties in going forward so they had to go back to the side character's fight.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Good news is this season is supposed to be 25 episodes so two or three episodes of catch up isn't that bad.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The Japanese want to live in Dragon Quest and the Koreans want a capitalist utopia with infinite resources.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Being able to kill a person without legal consequence

Is that why so many people keep moving to Florida?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The people working on Moon-led Fantasy didn't learn their lesson from the last season. They skipped and reordered a bunch of stuff so it is now both ahead of and behind the current manga translations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The light novel Dahlia in Bloom has a translator notes section after the afterword going over the choices made. It's nice, more books should do that.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Rahxephon was a remake.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

SlowBloke posted:

The dragon in 2D managed to look even worse really, it wasn't animated at all.

I guess some people just don't like animals.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

If you're watching the first season then going right into the second like I did it's not as jarring.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Not sure how much of a threat you can have when the main character's little sister can fist fight a battle ship.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

GateOfD posted:

feels like lv99 Villainess might just end everything with one anime season, they seem to have solved a lot of stuff in the 2nd to last episode.

I haven't seen this week's episode but the first volume of Lv99's light novel wraps up pretty much everything and this season is just adapting the first book. There's three more volumes.

I've heard books two and three are kind of boring and it picks up again on four. Maybe when the anime finishes I'll read the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Exia posted:

The anime was following the manga version of the story rather than the LNs, and the manga hasn’t gotten as far, but that seemed to be a compressed version of the ending to the first LN and not anything anime original. It does leave a few open hooks to adapt volumes 2+ if they ever do get more seasons
It could be following the web novel instead of either the LN or manga.

That said I read the first LN last year and the ending was pretty close to what I remembered it. I say close because the book didn't leave a big impression.

Both LV99 and Wrong way to use Healing Magic have fun manga but light novels with first volumes that don't really grab you.