Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Is it winter yet

As of the 21st, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

For once the yearly estimate based on the DVD volumes turned out to be wrong, Hirogaru Sky will have 50 episodes rather than the previously assumed 48 (which makes more sense anyway):

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1740026324008476849

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

First official look at the starting duo from Wonderful Precure:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There’s also “VR machine induced coma” as seen in SAO (though that could probably fall under the fourth category), and older ones like “falling down a well and getting sent to the past” (Inuyasha)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GateOfD posted:

protect that smile

Looks cute, how’s the show itself so far?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So are there any good modern isekai shows out there while we’re on the subject? They seem to be churning out a lot of them as of late

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

That sounds awesome though, and now I feel like I should watch it.

Rayearth is good and you should read the manga as well (the second part of the anime and the second part of the manga are two completely different stories)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject it seems to be confirmed, the lead in the next Precure series will be a fairy/mascot character:

And a better picture of the whole team:

The official reveal is this Sunday apparently

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fangz posted:

Really I think Precure monopolising the genre probably had a bigger impact.

Yeah, nothing’s really come close to the success of stuff like Sailor Moon and Precure as far as I know (though Madoka’s getting a new movie at some point, the Clear Card anime for Cardcaptor Sakura is apparently coming back eventually now that the manga’s finally over and I think there might be a new Symphogear project in the works as well)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The new Precure series has been officially revealed:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BPRbvtFnkYs

https://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/wonderful_precure/character/

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/ed5c64428392b186690788cea6897ca69f01309a

Komugi/Cure Wonderful is in fact a dog voiced by Maria Naganawa while the human girl Iroha Inuka is Cure Freindy and will be played by Atsumi Tanezaki

Edit: And here’s the other two:

https://twitter.com/livedoornews/status/1743769412396847150

Seems we’ve got a pet/owner dynamic going on in this series (Nyammy’s the cat on the table and Lillian’s the girl in the green dress)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 7, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Shaman King anime is back with a Flowers/Superstars adaption. The manga was a bit hit or miss (just like the original) but it seems alright so far

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the Urusei Yatsura reboot is back for another season

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently someone has not only fansubbed the Sailor Moon Cosmos movies but also combined them together into one. You can find it in the usual places

Still no word on when it’s going to hit the US legitimately though (hell, last I checked we still haven’t even officially gotten the Gridman movie in the west yet)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 15, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Bulma's secret to staying relevant is that she was never really a combatant to begin with, just smart and rich, so she didn't get left behind by power level escalation the way other characters did.

Also her inventions are near constantly useful to the group (they’d never have found a reliable way of tracking the titular dragon balls without her for example)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though to be fair how do you make a golf anime interesting?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

symbolic posted:

Birdie Wing was mentioned literally two posts above you

Never heard of it until just now honestly but based on the wiki description it sounds weird enough to be worth checking out. I stand corrected then

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

From the latest Hirogaru Sky:

I gotta say, Cure Sephiroth was not on my bingo card but it’s a nice twist on the whole last minute powerup thing you often see in other Precure shows/movies (in this case the main villain somewhat possesses the main Cure instead)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 21, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hirogaru Sky had a decent ending overall and next season’s lead is already adorable (Crunchyroll didn’t even cut the handoff between the leads this time around)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I think a factor behind most shonen adaptations going seasonal is that so much more anime is being made now and there's not too much more people to make it, so it doesn't make sense to tie one team down on one show year round forever

I think One Piece and Detective Conan are some of the last surviving remnants of the old days in that regard (Boruto too I guess whenever they decide to finally bring the anime adaptation back)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Fairy Tail sequel manga that’s been running for a while is getting an anime adaptation this summer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=h0znYkbL-V4

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

I really thought you meant Eden’s Zero with this

Eden’s Zero already has an anime that’s at least two seasons in at this point (the manga looks like it’ll be wrapping up before long though given recent events)

Also that’s not a sequel to Fairy Tail, just a case of Mashima copying designs (and in some cases entire characters) from one manga to the next just like he did when going from Rave Master to Fairy Tail.

Speaking of, I wouldn’t mind a RAVE reboot anime that covers the entire manga either come to think of it

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 13, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

3D anime is good. Trigun Stampede was (mostly) gorgeous last year.

Speaking of, there hasn’t been any further news on Season 2 yet has there (I’m pretty sure one’s been confirmed at least)?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Definitely in some degree of development given how the season ended but no concrete times announced.

Wonder who will be the new voice for Zazie.

I’m also curious how they’re going to handle Milly since they’re bringing her on for the middle of the story as opposed to right at the start like the manga and original anime did

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GateOfD posted:

i looked at clips of Trigun Stampede, just looks like an episode of RWBY to me.

It’s good and you should watch it honestly (they even got JYB back for the dub)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i'm not watching until milly appears

They mention her at the end of the first season so it seems like they’ll be bringing her in for the second

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently another Doremi revival is on its way:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=i3mzMFy3dBg

Edit: Seems like it’s just a promotional video for the 25th anniversary and not an announcement of a new show or movie near as I can tell

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-03-25/magical-doremi-anime-25th-anniversary-video-teases-main-leads-now-grown-up/.209112

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 26, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fangz posted:

No, in the event it was announced that there will be a new anime project, though the form it will take hasn't been decided yet.

Makes sense, Madoka’s getting a movie this winter and Symphogear is also a getting a movie that may or may not come out this year so it’s only right to do something for Doremi too

Wonder if this one will be an actual sequel, a remake, or something akin to the Looking For Doremi movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

haypliss posted:

Doremi 16 and Doremi 20's are existing sequel LNs, so they're using those as basis for w/e form of anime.

I didn’t even know there were light novels for the series, are they translated (and if so how are they)?