Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hikari no Ou is back? Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Actually what are examples of EVA likes? I remember RahXephon, but otherwise kind of drawing blanks.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

is this a hoax again?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

The first episode of Metallic Rouge is absolutely incomprehensible. And not in a good way. The way it's directed is absolutely bizarre with scenes cutting off with weird timing. And then there's the scene where Sara thinks back to where she met the titular Rouge wondering if Rouge is some kind of spy trying to get close to her (she is), but the scene undermines this by showing Sara driving by Rouge just minding her business on a sidewalk, stopping her car and approaching her which is where they first met, and this somehow convinces Sara that she Rouge is trying worm her way as a confidante??? That literally establishes the opposite.

The red mecha approaches Sara and shrugs off bullets with no indication that it's threatened by them and then runs off for no reason. This, for some reason, convinces everyone that it's out to kill Sara instead of them wondering why it ran away when it could have easily killed her first.

Just really incompetent storyboarding here.

it is animated pretty well, but holy poo poo does this seem like it has some fundamental flaws.

Eh, the red mecha wasn't there to kill her, it was the clown in disguise, no?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

metallic rouge is one of the best bones originals ever made because the women have lines, and ive yet to see hillary clinton

What?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nearly 10 years ago some guy over there was taking us to a restaurant in his car. He was watching golf during the whole drive and also miming swings. I guess the people who are into golf are really into golf.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Watched the first few episodes of eminence in shadow. It has like one more joke than the standard isekai power fantasy, but idk. Not really feeling it. Come to think of it "this one is different" has not been true once :hmmyes:

genericnick fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 17, 2024

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I see how I got tricked into this.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Watched a few more episodes because I started typing about it and don't like to post nonsense. Idk. It has a few funny bits, but it also spends a lot of it's run time on doing the typical mean-spirited OnePunch Man, but without the punch line. Though I do agree that it improved after the first 3-4(?) episodes. It nearly got to the point where I felt it could work as a farce, and having one overpowered weirdo interact with the world could work, but bringing along a whole fan club of animal eared girls doesn't help matters imo.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Also, Hikari no Ou finished. Could have been pretty neat if they had more than the animation budget of a 2000s era flash movie. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Metallic Rouge was fine. I watched it every week and probably won't think about it again, now that it has ended.
Hope they make a second season of Frieren. however. There's not quite enough of a hook for me to search out the source material, particularly since the demon arc in the middle wasn't all that good, but I'd watch whatever they'd put out.