Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Or just walking out of a convenience store at night (Re:Zero)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The instant death one works because they made the entire cast a bunch of total lunatics and they just kind of makes the whole thing fun

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Saga of Tanya the Evil is a cooler title anyway :colbert:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

sb hermit posted:

then what’s ramen?

Burgers, obviously.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The MC of Bucchigiri is firmly dedicated to not caring about the plot of the show, and frankly I respect him for sticking to that.

And I'm sure he'll get the girl any day now

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Arajin doesn't really suck, he's just really, really not into fighting and is kind of cowardly. So whenever he's given the choice, "getting involved in some bullshit with a bunch of delinquents" is going to take a backseat to basically anything else.

Like, he has his own goals and dreams he wants to accomplish, and he's going to stick with them and not get swept along into doing something he stopped caring about like ten years ago just because his old friend thinks it'd be cool.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pootybutt posted:

Arajin is trash.

Sure at first, I was all, "I guess being on that Denji tip only works for audiences when you're poor and kill things nyehehe", but letting yer best bro get brutally savaged to crickets, but gettin up only when the pussy you put on the pedestal is in harm's way? L friend, trash human.

Not that it affects my enjoyment of the show, watching him get his rear end beat owns.

Matakara is a big huge guy who has dedicated his whole life to fighting and joined a gang that fights all the time. Him getting his rear end beat is his own problem he created for himself, and is 1000x less motivating to get involved with than some random dude's little sister who doesn't even seem to fight at all getting brutalized.

Like, Arajin's general opinion on Matakara seems to be that he can solve his own drat problems.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Spring 2024 - The Spice (and Wolf) Must Flow

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

My thoughts on this season is that not nearly enough people are watching Bucchigiri. 1001 Nights, but with high school delinquents isn't something I ever knew I wanted before I saw it in action.