Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
First episodes of the season might get postponed thanks to today's quake. Please don't go ballistic goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

GateOfD posted:

Tier of Isekai methods:

1) Truck-kun
2) Overwork-kun
3) Knife-kun
4) Just going to sleep after gaming-kun

You forgot "thrown/pushed into a metro/rail track by a begrudged person just as the train is reaching the station"

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Isekai one-hit kill goes hard on the censoring, so it's either bloodless or the whole screen is blacked out.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

doomrider7 posted:

Undead Adventurer was actually really loving solid. I really do like that they nailed that Rentt was a nice guy and actually quite well liked in the Adventurer community. Not sure I'm getting the tepid reception on here. No it's not Frieren of Dungeon Meshi, but not everything needs to be(or frankly should be). There's room for more standard well done DnD Souls like shows of this nature.

The dragon looking as if it jumped out of made in abyss was quite surprising. I also liked it, it's utilitarian in writing and direction.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Mashle S2 ED and OP are kinda poo poo, they aren't as fun and memorable as S1.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

It might be a locale issue but the OP sounds like dollar store Caparezza so it doesn't click for me at all. The ED is so generic it could have been used for any other anime this season. Out of all anime i saw this season, only Mashle S2 makes me skip OP and ED.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Peeps suddenly went dark with the magical girl skinning the fairy :aaa:

Trash collecting tamer is pretty decent, just be ready for a bit of tonal clash, jumping from sugary fun to "we are going to burn the protagonist at the stake" every now and then.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Splode posted:

Ehhhh I nearly dropped the show watching the dub, switched to sub and now I like it a lot more. The English VAs are not great.

I feel like the bulk of the dub viewers are there for SungWon Cho/ProZD rather for the whole cast or translation being good.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kwyndig posted:

Despite this being the era with CR, HD, D+, and Netflix grabbing every license they can just to keep the other guy from having it, there are shows still so mid that nobody wants to license them. The only way to get around this is to make a great fan community with lots of active members, if the house thinks there's demand for it it'll get licensed.

I'm not saying you should fake this for a show you personally enjoy, but AI tools are out there and with a little editing you can make it look like ten thousand people post on your sgt frog message board or whatever, just hide the IPs or the gig is up.

I've only found mediocre meme subs for ponchi on the high seas tho, to the point that one might be better off not wasting bandwidth on it.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Seraphic Neoman posted:

-Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic is good and fun. Next few eps will make or break this show though because that's where the arc's major fight scene gonna start. spoiler: the black knight with glowing red eye sockets in the opening is in fact going to be a villain the protagonist fights.

Aww, i was guessing the guy wearing spiked black armor worked in a pet shelter and spent his free time in a food hall for the homeless charity :( I hope the conflict evolves into something more than the usual "demons are bad, kill them" story, i think it's the weakest point of the series.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 18, 2024

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

It is a sling.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Brutal Garcon posted:

The OP warned us, but still. The CGI in Villainess 99 sure is something

The dragon in 2D managed to look even worse really, it wasn't animated at all.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

GateOfD posted:

Doctor Elise is approaching Detective Conan levels wherever she turns up, a medical emergency just occurs.

Are we reaching Jessica Fletcher levels of mandatory deaths if she stops somewhere?

Edit: Today's Metallic rouge episode somehow managed to make the already incomprehensible plot even more hosed up.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 28, 2024

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kwyndig posted:

Thanks to needing a new murder each episode, the fictional town in murder, she wrote had a higher murder rate than NYC, Detroit, or Chicago. If a real small town had so many murders people would be leaving en mass.

I've always wondered which fictional location had a worse murder per citizen density quota, murder she wrote or midsomer murders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Holy poo poo they are both awful. Is it only for the twitter feeds or worldwide?