Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Is it winter yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Doodles posted:

That girl ain't right in the head.

the most 'just freaking say hi to him' girl of the year

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

any finished the final Zom100 episodes, is it worth going back to it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

don't know much about the studio of Mato Seihei no Slave, but I see it has the nanoha series in their credits, so the battles might be good looking

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Villainess lv99 and Doctor Elise might have potential next season

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

feel Kyoani never really recovered from that attack by that maniac a few years ago which killed a ton of the employees.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

what was wrong with Biscuit Hammer

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

No snow at all here on the east coast so far. Usually that’s the only thing I have to worry about, but that’s been gone for a few years

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffy Paradise ep1 was pretty alrite for the first episode. Might be under 'first anime watching of the season' lens. But I give it a few episodes.

Tier of Isekai methods:

1) Truck-kun
2) Overwork-kun
3) Knife-kun
4) Just going to sleep after gaming-kun

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i put that under knife-kun/and add misc. on that

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the OP of Fluffy Paradise is very cute

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

protect that smile

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

crushed by a vending machine maybe

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea definitely gonna be one of those 'seems mid, but is actually the most op ever'
like how 'oh just able to farm good...wait a minute...'

Wouldn't mind a wave of earth isekais with fantasy characters coming to earth and having regular jobs. I know we had Dragon Maid, Maou-sama, but I know there's plenty of more in existence in manga land.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Silver2195 posted:

I’m tempted to say that it’s more interesting if the protagonist does want to get back, because that’s a least a motivation, and one that can either lead to other motivations or conflict with them. For example: what if multiple people get isekai’d together, and some are more interested in getting back home than others? What if the protagonist finds a way back home almost immediately, but it comes at a price he’s not willing to pay?

i mean there's a bunch of isekais with all those what ifs, but it all depends on if the author has any desire for it, they don't so they close the routes off right at the bat.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

selector wixoss ftw

I remember this one

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Starting Gushing Over Magical Girls ep1

premise has a lot of potential. though probably missing references to Precure tropes that will probably be thrown around.

edit: oh wow, this is lewder than I thought it was gonna be. Thought it would be more wholesome like The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!

well the beginning was, but the regular troupe jokes are neat. I like how normal magical girl show the OP is.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 3, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh, Delicious in Dungeon is a netflix show.

is it strong enough to defeat the anime on netflix handicap

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Delicious in Dungeon makes sense.

The other members are hesitant, but i think other than riches, one of the first things humans would do about exploring a dungeon filled with monsters is trying to eat everything and see if its tasty.

there's plenty of isekais where humans consume orc meat and they treat it as like regular pork.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mato Seihei 01 was pretty good.
Good mix of action and music, and I do like the characters and monster designs with smart use of CGI. I like that it goes into the action right away. Literally just like 15 minutes straight action. It is just the first episode so it has to try to hook you, but its doing a good job of that. Has some decent budget and production values.

Wonder if they plan to change the story around or not. I know totally different studio and it was a long time ago, but was surprised at how different they decided to steer things in the Akame ga Kill anime when I looked into it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Frieren Friday is back.

Gonna start off the day with checking out Isura and Sasak to Pii-chan

Think gonna skip over Unwanted Undead

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sasaki to Pii-chan ep1 is an hour long.
Looks alrite, a slow living salaryman gets to freely travel between worlds with his pet bird, and goes into isekai business trading.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Caphi posted:

Sasaki and Peeps was losing me in the part where he presents a slideshow about how he got independently wealthy and powerful and ground a bunch of spell xp, but then the mutant FBI showed up and the brakes came back off.

yea i was like oh okay, here we go!
can see why its an hour long 1st episode.
cause if episode 1 was just the first half...like nothing happened

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Arc Hammer posted:

How do we take a great ED and make it better? Use the same song and add stop motion!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAOQDCF0jQE

reminds me of Honey & Clover

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

‘Is it okay to eat in a dungeon’ ep1 was okay. The food part not that huge yet, but the party dynamics are good.
Love whenever the elf girl freaks out.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sasaki and Peeps might be my gem pick of the season of a show I never knew existed
Since i relate to the Mc a lot and would love to be in his position

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm usually the opposite, I wish more LN adaptations included internal monologue since you lose a lot of context

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Pan Dulce posted:

Sasaki to Pi-chan was so weird. I don't know if I like it yet or not. Between the isekai bit, the psychic bit, and what appears to be a mysterious schoolgirl (who may be jealous and likes you), it's a lot to take in. I haven't read what it's based on. Does it get even more convoluted? In a fun way? Does it get uncomfortably weird with the girl?

with the MC voice actor and the stuff surrounding him, its easy for me to pretend its Kyon-kun as a salaryman and its happening all over again

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sasaki and Peeps 01

love when supernatural stuff is run by government and treated as a regular salaried job. along with the whole magic vs. psychics stuff. really neat.
coupled with a very career-oriented girl whose first meeting is her pulling a gun on you. in love with her already.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

been awhile since i watched just a regular loveydovey anime, seems like there's a couple this season

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

using an umbrella for snow is something i only seen in anime or asian movies

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sign of Affection was pretty neat.
Reminds of an old jdrama I watched 20 years ago called Orange Days with a similar melodramatic setting and a hearing impaired character.

anime wise, hits the same notes as Honey & Clover for me.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

time for Solo Leveling.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

where were these college students when I was there, everyone looks like a model lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i am interested in the other characters they haven't introduced yet, so that's a +

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Frieren type elves are better

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Returner genre

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Head pats by chads is an OP move

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

gonna check out "Mr.Villains Day Off"

I see how the jokes are, but its gonna have a high ceiling, if its not half as good as 100 GF humor, its a drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i don't think you can go any higher for eating/exercise anime than "How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift"