Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

symbolic posted:

in this case the fridge is mostly full of either leftovers reheated multiple times already (say the fantasy/isekai line for massive lulz) or Tupperware marked with "?" where you gotta eat it to find out. it's not uncommon first impressions don't grab people and they rely on word of mouth to get into something.

It is also like a decade-long thread tradition to start it off with someone proclaiming OH WOW THIS SEASON LOOKS LIKE TRASH. But there's always good stuff in there. Make sure to try the mystery meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

KariOhki posted:

I feel like a lot of the MyGO hype (especially for English fans of the anime who won't touch the game) will be dead by this point but maybe it'll just draw those people back when it starts.

MyGO!!!!! fans:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Satoshi Kon's Paprika will have a very limited run in theaters next week in 4K. I'm talkin' one or two nights (one dub, one sub).

Thanks for the heads up on this, saw the subbed version tonight.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

nielsm posted:

So you're saying MyGO is actually good? I kind of fell off the bang wagon around Morfonica.
Does it do something interesting to shake up the "teenage girls form a band" story?

IIRC it won best anime of 2023 here on ADTRW.

I don't know the other gang dream shows but MyGO is great and very rewatchable. Excellent character writing.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Maera Sior posted:

Since it comes up so frequently and it's because of everyone's posts in here, I thought I'd say that I finally watched MyGO.

Great show that completely killed my interest with the final episode. Maybe I need to be a fan of the franchise or something, but I have zero interest in watching a band of villains when I was so bored by their performance.

Were you doing the reddit MyGo rewatch? They just hit that episode today. I noticed it a little too late to start posting in it myself, but there are some very passionate fans in there pointing out stuff I missed.

But yeah, I hear you to an extent. I was annoyed that the last half of MyGo did not actually follow MyGo. But I'm totally on board to watch Sakiko break bad next winter, and apparently the MyGos will be showing up from time to time (which is good because that whole Sakiko / Tomori reckoning seems like it should really be resolved at some point).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Doodles posted:

Frieren - I do not have sufficient words to say how magnificent this series is, so I'll tell you why it struck me particularly hard. My father died in July 2020 of old age. My mother, who'd been fighting cancer for almost a decade, decided it was time to go and followed him in April 2021. Losing them both is the space of less than a year threw me completely out of whack for months. What helped bring me out of it was this manga I learned of from a video by Gigguk, a story of loss and how one copes with it, of moving on, making new connections, keeping the good memories, and learning about yourself. Then the team at Madhouse took an already fantastic story and turned it into an all-time classic fantasy. I've been watching anime since the original "Astro Boy," and while this is my personal opinion, I can honestly say this isn't just my favorite series on the season, or of the year. It's my favorite series ever.

I am sorry for your loss.

I really liked that wistful, bittersweet aspect of Frieren as well.