Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Feels like the episode was initially produced for a slightly longer runtime and then a chunk got cut late in editing. Maybe the OP was dropped for this episode originally? The length would fit some of the worldbuilding dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder why Fallin doesn't get a pair of glasses. Wouldn't need to squint so much. Maybe they're really expensive, and only old rich gnomes can afford them.

Feels like something that would get quickly broken while fighting in the dungeon.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I don't think Falin squints because she needs glasses, I think she just has a kinda sleepy-eyed neutral expression, like Joel from MST3K

It's like Resting Bitch Face, but for good-natured dopeyness.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Asterite34 posted:

I don't think Falin squints because she needs glasses, I think she just has a kinda sleepy-eyed neutral expression, like Joel from MST3K

It's like Resting Bitch Face, but for good-natured dopeyness.

Nah she's canonically just near-sighted lol

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 22, 2024

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
They had a whole scene in this episode where she couldn't see Laios clearly with her eyes open post resurrection and he came into focus when she started squinting even

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
All the main characters are a bunch of weirdo cuties

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

They had a whole scene in this episode where she couldn't see Laios clearly with her eyes open post resurrection and he came into focus when she started squinting even

Oh yeah, that did happen, I guess I initially chalked that up to being like Han coming out of the carbonite or whatever, but that also makes sense

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Me being a rules lawyer concerning how healing magic appears to work: I'm fine with healing magic requiring a zero-sum transubstantiation of animal flesh into humanoid flesh. That is how it is supposed to work. Arguing that you're just "converting equivalent calories" to resurrect a destroyed body doesn't mean you're utilizing mass animal sacrifice to bring back a dead person. How is healing magic any less bloodthirsty than 'forbidden' magic? Are these live stock locally and humanely sourced? I hope the Resurrection Guild has somekind of kosher guidelines for their sourced livestock.

I'm a miserable nerd.

Anyway, my assumption is that Felin is now supercharged because, indeed, dragons probably have lead-poisoning levels of mana in their flesh. Apex predators concentrate heavy metals. Dragons probably concentrate mana. Honestly, slaying a red dragon to resurrect your dead magic user to be even more powerful is some dark-rear end wizard poo poo to do. So, I guess the time travel elf is right to have suspicions without context.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Marsupial Ape posted:

Me being a rules lawyer concerning how healing magic appears to work: I'm fine with healing magic requiring a zero-sum transubstantiation of animal flesh into humanoid flesh. That is how it is supposed to work. Arguing that you're just "converting equivalent calories" to resurrect a destroyed body doesn't mean you're utilizing mass animal sacrifice to bring back a dead person. How is healing magic any less bloodthirsty than 'forbidden' magic? Are these live stock locally and humanely sourced? I hope the Resurrection Guild has somekind of kosher guidelines for their sourced livestock.

I like that it was actually stated that it takes not just an equivalent amount of flesh but around several times that, probably accounting for entropy. Assuming magic is a perfect Carnot engine, human body temperature of 37 C and a dungeon environmental temperature of 16C, that gives an efficiency of 1-(16/37)= 0.56, which if translated to mass, would require around double the mass!. The manga artist really did think about things way deeper than is normal for fantasy and I love it. :allears:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 22, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I like the implication that it would be easier if you cook the bones first.

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

DrSunshine posted:

I like that it was actually stated that it takes not just an equivalent amount of flesh but around several times that, probably accounting for entropy. Assuming magic is a perfect Carnot engine, human body temperature of 37 C and a dungeon environmental temperature of 16C, that gives an efficiency of 1-(16/37)= 0.56, which if translated to mass, would require around double the mass!. The manga artist really did think about things way deeper than is normal for fantasy and I love it. :allears:

Alas, Carnot efficiency needs to be calculated in Kelvin/Rakine rather than Celcius :goonsay:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I carnot believe this

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Alan Smithee posted:

fantasy world segregation

Actually, different sized toilets make a certain practical amount of sense. An orc probably does poos the size of a gnomish child.

Alternatively, the dungeon was built by an AI who knows that houses have bathrooms and bedrooms but not precise numbers. Living armour blurring together at the hands because fingers are tricky, dogs made of eyeballs, all that nonsense.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I’m assuming the castle village is all Winchester Mystery House because magic is making the buildings repair themselves in a haphazard manner. Like a sci-fi self repairing sidewalk that never stops. I suspect that the castle wasn’t that huge when it was buried and has been expanding on an ungoverned kernel or whatever.

Like some Castle Greyhawk poo poo.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

G1mby posted:

Alas, Carnot efficiency needs to be calculated in Kelvin/Rakine rather than Celcius :goonsay:

Oh poo poo! It's been like literally 16 years since I took thermodynamics. Well, it seems like the process is quite a lot less efficient then. :v:

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Can people stop posting spoiler bars especially when it's not clear whether its referring to the anime alone? Feels like the thread is becoming a minefield.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's all anime speculation because manga spoilers get modded.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
first they came for spoiler manga discussion, but i did not speak out because i wasn't posting spoiler manga discussion

then they came for spoiler anime discussion, but i did not speak out because i wasn't posting that either

finally they came for marcille x falin discussion, and there was no one left to speak out for me

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Going by the latest episode, if you ban marcille x falin discussion you ban Dungeon Meshi entirely

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Marcille just wants to braid Falin’s hair and talk about horses. Girl pall stuff.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

https://twitter.com/duckmeat_woohoo/status/1771080736696676707

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Elfface posted:

Alternatively, the dungeon was built by an AI who knows that houses have bathrooms and bedrooms but not precise numbers. Living armour blurring together at the hands because fingers are tricky, dogs made of eyeballs, all that nonsense.

This was my interpretation. An earlier ep said the city had been expanded and distorted by magic so it feels like a building built by photoshops smart expand/fill.

I also have a renewed respect for this fandom. The show had the closest thing to fanservice with Marcille and her Lady Godiva hair yet, by significant factors the most reposted screen shots are of smiles and hand holding. Don't get me wrong, I know the thirsty fiends are out there and I see them but I was mildly surprised what grabbed the lions share of the attention.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Popo posted:

This was my interpretation. An earlier ep said the city had been expanded and distorted by magic so it feels like a building built by photoshops smart expand/fill.

I also have a renewed respect for this fandom. The show had the closest thing to fanservice with Marcille and her Lady Godiva hair yet, by significant factors the most reposted screen shots are of smiles and hand holding. Don't get me wrong, I know the thirsty fiends are out there and I see them but I was mildly surprised what grabbed the lions share of the attention.

I've definitely seen a lot of bath scene gif sets on tumblr, but yeah, this is not a horny fandom, at least in that way.

Except for Senshi, everyone is loving the Senshi panty shots :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The lovingly drawn food is all the fanservice I need.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
need to post the food pages in here as well as the chapter covers

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I like how Senshi's face is drawn like a little creature when he has his helmet on. Two big cartoony eyes poking out of a void. And then when the helmet comes off he's actually really handsome.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

If you can get him out of his dungeon gear, Senshi is legitimately one of the handsomest dudes in the manga.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
fym "if you can get him out of his dungeon gear"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Nuclear Spoon posted:

need to post the food pages in here as well as the chapter covers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ThingOne posted:

If you can get him out of his dungeon gear, Senshi is legitimately one of the handsomest dudes in the manga.

uh is big box store shift manager Senshi canon though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ThingOne posted:

If you can get him out of his dungeon gear

Weak

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

ThingOne posted:

He looks like he has strong opinions about microbrews

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Asterite34 posted:

He looks like he has strong opinions about microbrews

And the regional manager.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Alan Smithee posted:

uh is big box store shift manager Senshi canon though

No, it's from one of the extra books Kui released full of her practice drawings, doodles, and concepts that didn't make it into the main story.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

ThingOne posted:

Senshi gonna sell you some OxyClean

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ThingOne posted:

Had to see the whole picture to get acid-washed denim Falin. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does the whole picture have spoilers? Cause I want to see the entire Casual Crew.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does the whole picture have spoilers? Cause I want to see the entire Casual Crew.

Whole picture has a character who hasn't been featured yet in the anime except as a hint by the OP

Also Senshi has always been dashing

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Senshi getting a full beard wash treatment and increasing its volume by 50%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dawgstar posted:

Had to see the whole picture to get acid-washed denim Falin. :allears: