Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The man tried to eat raw scorpion tail by just biting into the exoskeleton, he's not just weird, he's also kind of stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oxxidation posted:

prozd really hit the jackpot dubbing senshi. not often you get a main character in anime whose mouth never moves

Yeah he still has to match timing so he doesn't go over his scenes but not having to match lip flaps is so much easier.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Angry Diplomat posted:

Imagine being that other elf. Your friend gets blindsided by a poisonous horror, then has to lie around on death's door watching some other adventurers while they cook food with the antidote instead of just loving giving it to him, insisting it "tastes better" that way. Then their mage absent-mindedly brandishes a drumstick at your guy before mumbling a healing spell with her mouth full. Afterwards, they treat the two of you to an incredible meal and lecture you about your health. This is one of the most confusing social experiences you've ever had. Your friend has decided that he idolizes these loving lunatics and now you have to get up at sunrise to go for a morning jog every godforsaken day

On the brighter side you've never been stronger and you made it to level 3!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm sure they'll mix it up, there just isn't much call for a magic user on these early floors. I'm sure she'll be hurling fireballs at skeletons before you know it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the thing about Marcille is she's perfectly reasonable if a bit of a picky eater. She only comes across as unhinged because she's not the main protagonist and the anime and manga kind of pick on her, especially early on while they're still establishing characters. The bit with the bat in hindsight was a mistake but following her train of thought you would reach much of the same conclusion without the requisite sanity check that she also misses.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If the long rope is an issue for like angles and poo poo, use a pulley. It'd be better than killing a dog or using a bat.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dogs make good summons because they're good boys and will do what you ask them. Try summoning a celestial tiger and ask him to get that jar off the top shelf and see how he responds.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We joked the final chapters would be delayed due to Baldur's Gate.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Of course he did, he's a gigantic weirdo for monsters, he wants to know everything about them, especially how they taste.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Not a lot of nutritional value in leather, but if you can chew it fine enough it'll fill your stomach at least.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Revival is a thing any halfway decent mage can cast, Marcille offered to raise the corpse they found on level 2 for example, but Laios didn't want to take the time in case it didn't work.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm enjoying the dub, the voices feel good to me. Even Chilchuk who has had almost no lines outside of his spotlight episode. I especially enjoyed the orc chief's rough and tumble delivery this episode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes, Laios suffered a violent death at the hands of animated armor last episode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They're both Boomer Uncles.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If only more adventurers were willing to pick up cool rocks and swords and poo poo they find in the dungeon.

Loved Senshi's attitude towards the inedible stuff. It's just gold and jewels, throw them away if you like.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's a mistaking of the circumstances. The playtest ban came about because TSR staff would set up in a space and play D&D in lieu of doing actual work, calling it playtesting. When it was actually just Dan's campaign and Gary's campaign etc.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's going to turn out some wizard spent a summer with Senshi and that's where the guidebook comes from.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Unlucky7 posted:

So was Marcille just straight up gnawing through the shell at the end there :v:

Yes, remember Laios did much the same in episode one.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

One thing to remember is everything feels real in the illusion so Laios was literally risking his life for no reason. The gang probably all know stories about an adventurer who got sucked into one of those paintings and just didn't come out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We really need to establish some spoiler guidelines in this thread because we got people spoiling things that don't need to be spoilered and I'm just as guilty.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Elves must have teeth like rocks. Mimic carapace on its limbs would be the hardest to crack open, since that's where it would be the thickest.

If only they had a weapon like a claw cracker, they fight enough crustaceans they could improvised something out of antiarmor weaponry. Even a pick would help to get the meat out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Both sides of the Pacific should translate more RPGs, we're missing out on some of the good ones and so are they.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked the beard cleaning montage. It reminds me of the few times I've washed my beard.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Laios would eat anything the dungeon throws at them, even skeletons if he could figure out a way to make bone edible. Marcille has a hard and fast no humanoids rule though, and he bows to her wisdom since she got the spells that makes the enemies explode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

According to Campfire Cooking In Another World it tastes like premium pork :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wilHHn7LGDU

In that there are no domestic animals, people just hunt monsters for meat, so it's no wonder they're tasty. Selection pressure has led them that way as a survival strategy.

Nobody's eating DnD orcs so they probably taste average for pork.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I wonder what would happen if he got to finish the song. He did learn all the words to the sirens' song.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Meme Emulator posted:

If they’re unfertilized is it really any different from salmon roe

You know they weren't, fishmen wouldn't carry around unfertilized eggs in such a safe space.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If they do it the fish way it makes even less sense for the eggs to be unfertilized because the fish person has to lay the roe and then jam their head in it when presumably the roe would have been spawned in a secure location. Some fish are very particular about their spawning beds, they don't just let loose wherever.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I draw the line at eating babies, they have to be big enough to put up a fight, even if it's ineffectual against the farmer and his long experience in animal murder.

Which is why I like dungeon food, it puts up a proper fight, it's food that can eat you. I can't wait to see what hazardous beast they feast upon next week!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Can I offer you an egg?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That depends, do dogs have souls? If they do it would work, if not they'd have to do something else.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah like Marcille, the players would feel bad for the dogs. As a GM I could never kill a dog, I sometimes felt bad including wolves as enemies even though it was expected.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Also most terriers don't have hands and so can't pick locks. That's the downside of trying to replace your half foot with a small but loyal dog.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The problem with using chickens is that sometimes they set off traps that hit you because of where you're standing (and the GM is a dick unless he's running a particularly evil module).

Also people get attached to chickens.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maybe that's what OP wants, did you consider that?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Personally I'd go with the shower, I wanna see this horndog get creative.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Just don't eat its liver.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You guys don't all have to clown car into the thread to post spoilers you know.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The special showing was in Japan only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Blame has incredibly detailed backgrounds that definitely tell a story. I find Biomega to be more readable though, or Knights of Sidonia.