Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
SungWon is enjoying himself in the role at least.
Didn't know the woman voicing Marcille was the same one who played Nami in the live action One Piece. As someone fresh to the series I really like them. Only Laios sounds like generic anime man but he's by no means bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Newest episode was nice. Marcille is a perfect angel and if the book says to sacrifice a dog then she's right to do so but doesn't because she's flawless..
I also now really want some deep fried food...

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Liaos is the logical evolution of a Dark Souls fan and I love him. Speaking of Dark Souls the Dominant colony suit is totally a nod to Ornstien, right? Lion face, brass colour with red ribbony bits is in that shoutout range.

The art was great as well, both in animation and drawings. It wasn't Studio Trigger going ham in terms of action like rumours were suggesting but the action was great and it had the soft but dynamic drawings that really characterise Trigger.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Diephoon posted:

So do we just not give a gently caress about all the people that died in the tavern or what

"Res spell this! Criminal that!" They got what they had coming for being rude to Marcille. She was so proud of the veg!

Unrelated to that but I notice again they're turning down Marcille's offers to solve thing with magic and while I get Senshi's logic you can see the poor baby really wanting to contribute outside of fights.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Senshi was the mother figure trying to keep Thanks Giving rolling while Boomer Uncle and one of the older kids get into it over politics. (You can decide who in the scene is the boomer Uncle)

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

I fell off the manga at around volume 7, where my physical and digital comic collecting habits diverged, but I don't remember the comic getting so much better with each progressive bit

I wonder if it's something unique about the anime's pacing or if I just have a bad memory

This one interwove it's constituent chapters more, with one chapter being neatly cut in half to bookend however many other chapters made the rest of the episode (I only have vol 1 and 2).

I enjoy that we're getting into the ethics of monster meat eating(ish.) Starting with how people are more fond of mammals vs other living things then Liaos taking that and applying it to mammalian demi-humans vs other demi-humans.)

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

the violence is wild in this show

like it'll be pretty kid friendly and then someone just gets spurted but it's cool cuz of the resurrection thing

Honestly this feels like how a lot of peoples first DnD/TTRPG experience goes. it's all "LOL, I cast a funny little spell on Boblin the Goblin to turn him purple" and then it's a teary panicked rush to save your meat headed Barbarian from being swarmed. poo poo's all whimsy until Death Saves are being rolled.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

my important take away is that I like Marcille's hair up look. She simply keeps on winning.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

I just saw it on a trainride. Felt a bit uncomfortable when the person next to me saw my screen.

New episode stuff:
Fallin seems great. She's just as much of a weirdo freak as her big bro. She directly went for the humanoid monsters. I think Marcille may have a slight crush on her. It's subtle, but I think there's something there.
It feels kind of weird to see her whenever she's not squinting though.

Roommates and Bathtime buddies.

really good episode as per. Loved every moment.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Elfface posted:

Alternatively, the dungeon was built by an AI who knows that houses have bathrooms and bedrooms but not precise numbers. Living armour blurring together at the hands because fingers are tricky, dogs made of eyeballs, all that nonsense.

This was my interpretation. An earlier ep said the city had been expanded and distorted by magic so it feels like a building built by photoshops smart expand/fill.

I also have a renewed respect for this fandom. The show had the closest thing to fanservice with Marcille and her Lady Godiva hair yet, by significant factors the most reposted screen shots are of smiles and hand holding. Don't get me wrong, I know the thirsty fiends are out there and I see them but I was mildly surprised what grabbed the lions share of the attention.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

RubberLuffy posted:

Check your netflixes cuz the new ep is out

new OP is gorgeous

edit: they just uploaded it to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyT-N1Ip70

I can't exactly place why but this gives me Spy x Family vibes The ED is beautiful as well. Gonna turn those shots into wallpapers.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kabru is very good against things that are not monsters.

yeah, he totally ganked any affection I had for him and his squad. That said they're a cool addition as is the Not-Japanese squad.

I assume talking about things shown in the trailer are still spoilers so I'll keep this tagged:
I wasn't expecting the cat to show up with a team. I thought they would be a demi-human like the Orcs that gets adopted.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh sure, go ahead and judge a guy just because he murders people and is obsessively stalking the protagonist!

Kissing Rin also shows he needs to review HR codes and practices. Sexual harassment ain't it, Kabru.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

This episode just wanted to treat the heretical shippers who aren't on the SS Farcille and good for them. Liaos being nervous about gently touching Marcille's ear so yanking it instead was very on brand and Senshi's reaction to the tiddy grope was great. I hope he finds a kid he can actually act a father to because I think Chil is going to lash out sooner rather than later.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Liaos is such a good guy. I really like this secondary cast. Can't wait for Kabru to try and murder the original party for heresy or whatever.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

I beleive Marcille speaks for all of us when she said "Whoa! Hey now!"

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

I've always understood and vibbed with the reading of Liaos as autistic but it never hit home as much as him being told all his enthusiasm and sincere curiosity was making the guy he considered his first friend want to kill him. Glad he stuck up for himself in the end.
"What's the point in you having a mouth.?" I'm sure fan artists can answer that...

Gotta respect how much people are openly enjoying Falin's soft and downy plumage as well. Embrace the series to fullest.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

3. Gave Falin a brood patch so that she can incubate eggs when she lays them.

Marcille isn't ready to be a mother!

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

You think so? I was kind of taken out of that scene honestly. It distracted from what should have been a horror moment to add in some unnecessary titillating content, at least for me.

Just to throw in, I think throwing the audience off balance by mixing horny (getting you to still see Falin as a person rather than a scary animal) and horror helps the situation as it shows the mental conflict. One one hand this is a huge beastie squishing ninjas but on the other hand it's still Falin. Some of the cast see the monster, some of the cast see the woman they love/lust for./want to be platonic chaste roommates with.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Going to go back into the dungeon with nothing but a backpack full of Snickers.

I dunno if anyone's been following Swamp Jawn's excellent episode breakdowns but the latest episode is up.

https://youtu.be/0lnIGW95NGI?si=PjxvnZgRI_do4az7

I was just about to suggest this for fans as well. It's spoiler free though I get the sense they have read ahead and are hinting at stuff, though they could just be way more observant of background stuff than I am. Certainly worth a watch through.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Made the mistake of reading the ANN episode review.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/delicious-in-dungeon/episode-17/.210282

" Having Laios remark that his transformed sister is the coolest thing he's ever seen right before she brutally murders a bunch of characters we're supposed to be invested in deflates the impact of their deaths."

Are we really supposed to care about the new party and the "always dies" party dying? is that really what the show is going for given it at no pints dwells on the deaths? The point of this is to show how messed up the Dungeon is and let us see the ramifications of Marcille's dark magic. It's showing us that where before one party was able to move along quite easily now things have gotten significantly harder. Having Falin's kills actually be these awful, permanent things would muddy the water on wanting to save her vs kill her. Having her do two party wipes that can still be undone let us know poo poo has gotten real without risking people thinking Falin is irredeemable/beyond saving.

Bluh bluh, self inflicted psychic damage on my part.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

CuddleCryptid posted:

Reducing Kabru's party to "always dies party" is so funny. Laios' party focuses on monsters and therefore fights monsters the best. Kabru's party focuses on humanoids and therefore are *terrifyingly strong* at fighting humanoids, whether socially or physically. They absolutely decimate the bandits that were trying to ambush them. That's *the whole point of the dynamic of the two parties*.

I know but it's hard to deny it's been a recurring thing of them being found dead. It's just a silly. We know Kabru is great at cold blooded murder of humans. Poor choice by me to joke about them while whining like a baby about a bad review misunderstanding the show, admittedly.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

New episode was very good and I expect to see lots of Yassified Marcille.

Also the OTHER character you can't avoid in any fanart at all is here! I need next week to be here by tomorrow!

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

I will never escape "Centaur meets the wrong half"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

This episode was really sweet and I'm gonna have to frame through for some of that background art.