Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Kwyndig posted:

The man tried to eat raw scorpion tail by just biting into the exoskeleton, he's not just weird, he's also kind of stupid.

one of my favorite parts of the manga was Laios's duality as a highly capable warrior and leader, and as the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Are the illustrations in the ED Ryoko Kui originals for the anime, or are they from one of the manga extras? they're great! wouldn't mind one framed on my wall (which conceals an olive oil trap)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
yeah the gang looked off-model in a good way this episode, the contrast in their shapes was really kicked up a notch or two. i did also notice the animation cutting corners a bit, but i guess you'll always notice that if you're looking for it

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Laios can defeat any foe but cannot defeat the vore allegations

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
not to be mistaken with the slug king, which goes great with white wine and bechamel sauce

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Diephoon posted:

So do we just not give a gently caress about all the people that died in the tavern or what

they don't eat their veggies so they deserved it, op

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Revival is a thing that can specifically happen within dungeons, because for some reason the souls of people who die in the dungeon just sorta stay there for a while and can be re-binded to their body provided it's mostly intact (this is why they're rushing to get to Farlin before the dragon's metabolism runs its course). Greenhouse effect but re: the immortality of the soul, basically. Or Spelunky rules, basically.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also I'm just gonna say it: Boiled cabbage is gross and a misuse of ingredients.

No boiled cabbage means no cabbage rolls, no sarma, no golebki, so why don't you come outside and say that to my face

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
it's brought up later (was the conversation where they go into detail part of the manga or in the extras?) but yeah, depending on the area. places where several sentient races coexist will use "human" a lot like "people", ie as umbrella terms for sentients. places where one race developed in isolation (I think Laios and Farlin came from a norther europe-expy place where other races were unheard of) will consider themselves "true" humans. and then there's places that put some arcane rule behind the term ("all races who have X number of bones are humans")

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Marcille is definitely the group's designated boomer, both because she makes booms and because she'll randomly go on tirades about how she could buy a house just fine 50 years ago with her entry-level research job at the magic academy, maybe adventurers could do the same if they stopped wasting money on their doodads and gizmos. There are no jobs, Marcille.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Dwarf Lady and Samurai Man were former members of Laios's party who bailed after Falin became a dragon snack. They're briefly mentioned in the first episode.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Hihohe posted:

Today we learn that chilchuck is older than Laois

by halfling standards, he's basically middle-aged. i think he's the oldest member of the group going by their relative life expectancy

bit disappointed that they didn't include the enchanted painting bit from the extras. it's so perfectly hosed up

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

RuBisCO posted:

I would say anything post-episode release is probably fair game and doesn't need to be spoiled. Manga spoilers/allusions to manga-happenings should not be posted.

spoiler posting = forbidden
anime posting = allowed
fanart posting = mandatory

[source]

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood was visually stunning for a medium-sized indie pixel art game and did a pretty good job of painting the hints of an insanely complex world without actually going too hogwild with the exposition, so I could see it being appealing to RK. It's been several months since I played it and I still can't tell if the inexplicably detailed election campaign section near the end made the game better or worse, though

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 14, 2024

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

SlowBloke posted:

Someone should go tell Ulysses that he hosed up, he could have just blasted dubstep out of his tricked up stereo instead of wax and being strung up to the main mast.

i think the entire point of Ulysses's trick was that he wanted to listen to that siren bop without dying, much like the entire point of Laios's approach is that he'd really, really, really want to sing karaoke with monsters, and it also serving to save his life is just a side effect

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Zeruel posted:

man watching this after having not read the manga in so long, laios really is a freak

big boy's gotta eat!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

same energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTpawqvxdwo

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Marcille forever remembered that day as the day she befriended Falin
Falin forever remembered that day as the day she found a cool stick on the ground

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
more of a chorizo imo

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

At the risk of pretty general spoilers, do you think that the cat bard and the boat elves from the OP will appear in this cour? I think I've spotted everyone else from the OP in an episode so far.

there is no cat bard. there is a bard (which we've already met) and there's a cat (which we haven't met)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
i generally enjoyed frieren but the magic tournament/trials/whatever arc really took me out of it. like yeah cool action scenes, some cool new characters, but yet another :techno: exposition fest about which magic is best was like, the exact opposite reason of why i started watching the chill anime with the goofy elf that's sad sometimes. "But what if Zoltraak could be refined to pierce the defense magic of--" SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT THE gently caress UP. I DON'T CARE.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
good ep. good orc. good cour preview.

on the subject of live-action cast, clearly the best option for Senshi would be Zach Galifianakis (helmet) + Joe Manganiello or Oscar Isaac (no helmet)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
they really flubbed it by not including amounts and serving sizes in those food screens. hams could have been shown to slowly decrease in weight as The Mad Magician The Lunatic Wizard The Pissed-Off Parlor Tricker used them for his unholy magic

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
i think the general rule of the dungeon is once you digest it, it's no longer what it used to be, it's just nutrients in your tummy (or poop in your lovingly maintained dungeon latrine). unfortunately farlyn was caught smuggling three tons of undigested dragon meat in a secret compartment between her skin and her bones

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
they managed to get away from the Lunatic Magician relatively unharmed, but entirely unhammed. this affront cannot be forgiven.

oh also Falyn's been turned into some kind of abomination i guess. that's bad too

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
i have no opinion on the new OP+EDs one way or the other (though more original Ryoko Kui art is always great) but the episode itself felt a bit mid for me. lots of static shots and the linework seemed sloppy at times, particularly in the first half. there was also a bunch of exposition which wouldn't be a huge problem if not for the fact that i could tell the netflix subtitles bungled a lot of the lines. still, no episode featuring tade can be considered bad.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
laios/orc chieftain's sister makes sense and would be cute

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Oh sure. The most famous is over King of the Hill, I believe.

what did the japanese version do about boomhauer? the spanish dub just, like... gave him a normal voice. it always seemed so odd to me that there were these three weirdos and one normal-looking, normal-sounding dude who didn't have a "bit". it took me ages to find out he was supposed to be unintelligible

also i would like to know which western cartoon (or live action) characters are given Kansai-ben dialects in the japanese dub

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
so glad that this divorced, middle-aged father of three finally gets to learn about the birds and the bees

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
yeah, midlife crisis

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
maybe the real dungeon was the friends we turned into part of the dungeon along the way

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Marsupial Ape posted:

What exactly would you call Falin? Sleepy Eyed Dream Girl? I don’t know a whole lot about anime and manga, but I have seen the type, before.

space cadet?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Pureauthor posted:

Episode 17 spoilers

Falin: You missed my vital organs!

Kabru: ALL OF THEM!?

-5 seconds later-

Kabru, about to be crushed by a giant chimaera foot: Crapbaskets

Falin is now, quite literally, Built Different™️

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
very happy at Kuro Action Hour getting a hefty slice of the animation budget this episode

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean who are we to say that Shuro's memories aren't just as biased as Laios's? There could be some Rashomon vibes going on except that Falin is currently a bit too chicken to offer her version of events.

Shuro probably thought he was being suave and subtle putting the moves on Falin while she was fixated on a cool caterpillar and not paying attention.

Shuro: And that is why I have decided... to ask you to marry me.
Falin, looking past Shuro at a cool leaf on the ground: uh huh can i get back to you on that
Shuro: Of course. Take all the time you need.
Falin, picturing the leaf on her pressed leaf collection: ok

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
but Shuro made more mistakes because he left without even having a harpy egg omelette

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
it's a dog eat dog world out there (by "dog" I mean Laios; by "dog" I mean wolf; by "eat" I mean eat)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1AxfyGIO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7YT3gayZFA

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
animation review for the latest ep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT1qwifq0Ec

honestly wouldn't have noticed this episode was outsorcing-heavy if it wasn't pointed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
yeah specifically all their ninjasonas have plant/flower/nature-based names