Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

i think the audience that dubbed anime is trying to reach is way more sensitive to mismatched mouths than stilted dialogue

The only time I watch dubbed anime is if I'm doing something else at the same time and not looking at the flaps so I'm surprised to read this and I find myself unsure which audience you mean?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

symbolic posted:

i'll eat crow then

let them cook, it was just ep one

we might have to let it simmer a bit, but it's a spicy enough start for me.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

100 N

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Great ep. All great so far. I was going to watch this with my partner but they have never played D&D and are only interested in pastry when it comes to cooking so in the end this is my solo show for the moment and it's a real treat. Treasure bug jam looks bomb - I wonder what it actually tastes like. Laios said it tasted sweet. Senshi didn't add sugar that I could see, though he had plenty later for the sorbet, so I guess either they're supposed to be naturally quite sweet (like caramelized onions?!) or they're more like rillettes/pate and Laios calling them sweet was more metaphorical, the way older cookbooks will call meat with more connective tissue/gelatin sweet or the way that many native Chinese speakers using English describe pork as sweet in comparison with chicken/beef. Anyone know if these sorts of characterizations of certain meats as sweet are as common in Japan as (eg) Taiwan?

Marcille and Chilchuk throwing away the actual treasure was a nice touch. It was great seeing Falin on screen more, too. I hope they rescue her soon and show her the delights of dungeon cuisine. And I did enjoy Marcille hitting that big ol' stun spell. It's been, like, foreshadowed that she can cast strong spells and that in the more dangerous stratums they're necessary so it's good for her to conserve mana but it was nice actually seeing her achieve something on screen since she's been punching bag and comic relief for the most part thus far.

This was a great read. Thanks for sharing. I am watching Kaguya-Sama for the first time rn and while I'd never have noticed this, it's really cool how clear to see it is.