Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I haven’t read the manga but this series seems pretty cool so far, I thought it was gonna be a gag series where the protagonists eat gradually more hosed up things instead of being half that and half exploring the ecology of fictional fantasy/DND monsters like they’re real animals, so knowing it gets significantly better is rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I would very much not be having a good time if I was Marcelle, tbh.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
This episode was weird whiplash, the first chunk with the golems was the funniest loving poo poo so far to me, and then the bar murder happened, what the gently caress? And then Senshi’s insane rambling about the bread while the orc chiefitan and Marcille debate race relations just made it great black comedy.

This series is real good y’all, this anime is doing its job because I’ll probably start collecting the manga when the cour finishes.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I feel dumb for having to have it pointed out that Delicious in Dungeon = D n D, makes sense that the manga editor picked it for the localized title. Also episode ruled, spoiled myself on the singing scene but did not also expect a cool kraken fight to save the ecosystem.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Presumably the frogs they skinned this episode won't be in an eternal agonizing half-life and some level of sentience is required to get resurrected.

I mean, they’re already frog cutlets in the process of being digested, it’s over once your body is that processed/mutilated regardless of sentience.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yeah, having watched the anime first then read the corresponding chapters, it's interesting to see which details were left out or changed such as the kraken parasite actually being sperm Laios mistakenly jerks out of a tentacle lol.

Well now I have to buy the volume releases.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Teriyaki's misremembering this from the volume's bonus pages (separate from the parasite)

Really, Laios getting assaulted by kracken semen is about as, if not funnier.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Are you loving kidding me.

*googles*

:gonk:

I am also disgusted and pretty sure Senshi and Laios would be down bad to cook one of those horrible liver parasites into flapjacks like the Wiki article says people do.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

my favorite part of this image, is the part where marcille is gay

same

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Looking at credits is a mistake, Mad Mage is a way more intimidating antagonist name than freaking Thistle. Can’t help but wonder if the moniker is a reference to the Wizardry games, I’ve never played them but still know about the first one being about defeating the Mad Wizard Andrew.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I get your point and you’re not wrong, but Cell sucking a man dry into nothingness as he begs for help as his intro after sucking off an entire town, including children, is probably one of the darkest moments in shonen imho

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s so funny because with any other protagonist I’d think he was just lowkey thirsty but I can genuinely believe Laios is such a goober that he’s just listing off desirable similarities to tallmen females and not just saying the quiet part out loud.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Hihohe posted:

Seeing how popular the show is im hoping that they do some side content. A lot of it is really funny, like this one from after the mermaid scene

what the gently caress, I thought Laios was a bro

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Great episode, exited to see Laois multi class into paladin, also I think:

was probably the single funniest expression in a long line of goodass expressions. She’s just beyond over it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

Really thinking about it, it is a little messed up to use someone as a pickling weight even if they are petrified

I mean, she could have just listened to Laios and stayed in a safe position, they did it so her arms wouldn’t break.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

if you put a lethal dose of poison in front of laois i'm not sure he wouldn't find some justification or reason to give it a taste

biting into a giant parasite raw was a very revealing action

If it was monster venom he’d definitely be chugging that poo poo just to know what it tastes like, and not understand how fundamentally hosed the reasoning of “we’re in a dungeon so you can just revive me with some pig blood, what’s the problem” is.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I don’t really know a lot about Kabru but he definitely seems like the anti-Laios; a guy who’s really, really into people and interpersonal relationships, to the point of just making extensive headcanons for them. So it’s really fitting that the thread is basically extrapolating a lot on him specifically. :v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Y’all Mad Magician likers are pretty hosed up imho.

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 23, 2024

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Reddit seems pretty dumb because the cooking/monster eating is pretty a pretty incidental thing where they’ve already made camp for the day and are just eating the supplies they have on hand. I think they were well ahead of schedule anyway, it’s just that the Red Dragon is a familiar or whatever and not doing its normal wild animal thing of coming out every month to hunt before hibernating.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNLoghryLA

My cousin put it pretty well. Japanese Laios is a little too generic. Damien Haas is great at making him sound as unhinged as he really does to the rest of the cast.

Japanese Laios had an amazing part in the siren scene tbf. Also lmao, I didn’t notice Shuro’s expression until that screencap, but that was probably because of all the murder going on, and plot out of nowhere.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Laios = anime SpongeBob

Shuro = anime Squidward

Discuss?

Shuro does have that perpetual “I REALLY hate it here” expression, but that might just be the exhaustion. Going by that one side chapter someone posted it kinda seems like he’s been dying of exhaustion since he met Laios though.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Aren’t Wizardy Samurai basically Red Wizards?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I went in just thinking it would be a DND-themed one note gag anime and was pleasantly surprised even before the end of the first “season” stinger. poo poo, I think it only took episode 2 for this to become the highlight of my week. Thank you for making Netflix release this weekly, Trigger.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Yep

Page in question - spoilered for chimera-boob

Man, the manga art is definitely more striking to me for some reason. Kinda wish people had a higher opinion of the official translation. Also yeah, does seem somewhat less horny than the anime but I’m watching a Trigger joint, it was weird they took seventeen episodes to indulge (more than the manga did).

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
She looks like a cool as gently caress JRPG boss tbh. Really she just needed some ominous, theatrical rear end music to complete the image.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bZpswb95xSQ&t=55s

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

Only his nanny seems to adore him. The other retainers are fairly professional about it. That particular gif shows them reacting with shock that he's actually being nice to them for once, ie: he is not normally nice to them. They actually seem more attracted to Kabru than Shuro, seeing how they blushed when they first met him.

I think it’s more shock that he was so straightforward about his appreciation for them than him not being nice normally, what with Laios calling him out on not just saying how he feels and Shuro admitting he never told Falin why he likes her enough to propose, and also admitting he envies how unabashedly candid Laios is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Watching the dub kinda added another layer of meta humor to the episode, (not really sure I need to spoil this but whatevs) because the two other, not obviously fake versions of Marcille sound cooler than the real one, though maybe the difference is about the same for her in JP.

It’s also kind of funny how everyone complains about Laios’ inattention to detail, because yeah there’s super obvious tells with his Senshi/Chilchuck clones, but his imposters are accurate in all the ways that matter imo.