Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Feels like the episode was initially produced for a slightly longer runtime and then a chunk got cut late in editing. Maybe the OP was dropped for this episode originally? The length would fit some of the worldbuilding dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
agechat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ7BSQ7qwZA

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
it's interesting how Kabru handles Mickbell raging about treasure/food thieves: he never hops on it (and Mickbell obliviously never picks up on the conversational signal to lay off) but channels the conversation into putting the food theft in the best possible light, then immediately turning around to reshape the charge against the Touden co. into their shady past that only he has knowledge of. So Kabru is never on "someone else's side", the party still retains suspicions, but Kabru regains control over how much

if you've ever worked with someone who can make everyone in the room feel like their concerns are validated and their views are respected and yet somehow the consensus decision is always coincidentally the ones that the particular person wants, well

it's one thing to put down +10 Charisma on a character sheet and another thing to show it in how people actually interact, this writing is great

ronya fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 6, 2024

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Hihohe posted:

Laois mentions that nightmares are called Shen and are dragons.
this is kinda a joke about How Shen dragons are supposed to make illusions and nightmares in Chinese myth. but the kanji for shen also looks like the one for "Big Shellfish"

It's plausibly not just an ideographic pun... this is the giant clam, distributed extensively in the South China Sea and Western Pacific:

The shell opens during the day, displaying what can be quite striking colours under the surface of the water. When disturbed it will close, causing the shapes to disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpY72fCo6JM

So, you can visualize the imagination of e.g. a pearl hunter or fisherman looking through the water, seeing a serpentine form just up and vanish

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
maybe Izutsumi イヅツミ is a pun on "five" (Itsutsu イツツ) being that she is the fifth retainer and the fifth party member