Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

roobots posted:

The dub is good, tho I feel like Senshi's characterization is a little off. He is generally very mild and speaks in an old-timey manner so having him say "tastes like rear end" really caught me off guard. I'm also not sure why they felt the need to change his line saying "Senshi is dwarven for researcher" to "Senshi is dwarven for seeker".

According to the subtitle he's saying "taste like gas" and after listening to it a few times I can hear it.

Very strong first episode really looking forward to more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Only care about lip flaps if they zoom in on a characters mouth to show them enunciating each word for dramatic effect.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do enjoy the party having some friction, even though I think they were too hard on Marcille just before the mandrake bit. Wizards aren't known for being fast ya know?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Ryoko Kui apparently plays a bunch of western RPGs / roguelikes, and also occasionally likes trolling developers:

lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey so catching up all the way back from episode 3 and stopping by after episode 5 to come and say I picked a bad spot to stop because 4 and 5 were phenomenal.

The writing with the Orcs and Senshi in general is top notch and the concepts with the golems as fields, the treasure insects, and the haunted sorbet is so good.

Again Senshi really is just the best.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/momota720/status/1764480560834244631

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kind of hard to belive we're at the dragon already. Feels like the whole season went by in the blink of an eye.

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Are you saying you think kobolds and dogs are the same..?

Actually what's the lore on this usually?

Or is this just a Goofy/Pluto situation where you're not supposed to think about this at all?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Asterite34 posted:

-Kelpie: Useless at underwater combat

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Marsupial Ape posted:

Barking at unseen threats is the whole point. Pulling on your chain and joking around aside, the whole point of having a dog with you is early warning threat detection. Nobody shits on bomb stiffing dogs because they can’t disarm the bomb they find. You’re just happy they found the hidden bomb. I’m not a dog person, but I am a human prehistory nerd, and dog domestication is a massive technological boon. Besides their utility in hunting, the biggest boon of having dogs in your hunter/gatherer camp is that start barking and pointing when bad poo poo gets too close to the perimeter.

The actual problem would be dungeons filling up with packs of feral dogs because they’re the ones that survive party wipes.

I also have an argument for dungeon delving murder donkies, if you really want to make a list.

The party has an early warning threat detector though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Marsupial Ape posted:

Making the orcs Javelina-Men and not just generic Pig-Men is a very fun and elegant choice.

Ryoko Kui's takes on fantasy creatures have been incredible. Basically every take on a concept so far has immediately shot up to be my favorite.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

How on earth do you manage (episode 5 spoilers) to turn ghosts into ice cream? That's some inspired food design.

Definitely one of my favorites.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They're talking about this OP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60_2zt9l3Yk

Bard followed by boat elves are from 1:02. There's a winged feline immediately after, dunno if that's the cat that people are talking about

Blink and you miss it moment just right after the scrolling group shot you got someone sporting a cat tail

So either a cat person or someone wearing a cat tail for some reason

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also the dragon fight kicks rear end.

Very brief while still feeling like it could be over for the group at any moment. The animation of Senshi throwing Laios the sword is loving sick.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Presenting putting together Falin and the Warg's skeleton like another dish is such a good joke.

But man between Falin saying her goodbye last episode and the way they had to revive her this episode I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and kinda dreading it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arc Hammer posted:

Wait was that the Elf from the Living Paintings who was chasing Laios???

Called it when I said they'd use dragon meat to revive Falin. Maybe not via the nutrients in the dragon's flesh but caloric content is close enough. That was a gnarly resurrection that also happened to be hilarious.

So using magical meat for the resurrection might have given Falin some side effects like instinctive magic use and she can apparently see visions of people in the castle town? Nobody else saw that little girl in the house, right?

Gotta say I think the Twitter crowd was overselling the "oh man THIS is when the story gets messed up!" hints. It was really cool but still keeping with the deranged but ingenious vibe the show has had since episode 1. Great fun and building on what was already there rather than a shocking twist of events.

That was definitely Living Painting guy and the little girl I wanna say is a ghost and Falin was shown to have a knack for ghost stuff last episode. Doesn't explain the hosed up house though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hihohe posted:

Hell yeah he is

https://twitter.com/_kikimari_/status/1770824233662194056

lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The lovingly drawn food is all the fanservice I need.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does the whole picture have spoilers? Cause I want to see the entire Casual Crew.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here it is for everyone else, with the so-far unrevealed character cropped out

Chilchuck lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Marsupial Ape posted:

I love how fussy anime fans can performatively hate a new character at the drop of a hat. Delightful.

Well I love him Kabro ftw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also that was kind of a fun way to do a recap episode.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kuro's face at the end is incredibly funny

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

amigolupus posted:

Here's a thought experiment: How would Laios and the others fare if they had been the ones who encountered the corpse retrievers? Would they have fallen for the illusion and killed each other? How would they have dealt with the corpse retrievers? Would they even get away without a fight?

I feel like all of them would have seen through it in there own weird ways. Laios for example would not fall for the fake rear end looking fishmen.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At the end of it Laios will go into excruciating detail about everything wrong with the illusionist's fishmen.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

In Scarlet/Violet there are straight up pokemon dishes you can buy.

Like one has a Klawf claw just sticking out of it, another is called Pickled Toedscool and Cucumbers.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pollen has been kicking my rear end so this episode is very timely.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Top tier Marcille face in an episode with a ton of quality Marcille content.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo Laios

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Whenever Tade is not on screen everyone should be asking "where is Tade?"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Clearly Senshi should be the one to rule over the land.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Everyone in the show so far besides maybe chilchuck is a little freak in their own way and that's fine

That just means Chil is gonna be the biggest freak of them all.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Mae_TNN/status/1783105963244798298

:smith:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What an emotional roller coaster this episode is.

God drat

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Opening is so inappropriate for this episode lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

As fun as it is to joke about how much Shuro hates Laios, it's also important to remember that at the end of the episode Shuro still offers to smuggle Laios out of the country to keep him out of prison.

Toshiro has many complicated feelings towards Laois, and not all of them are negative.

Also at no point during his vent session does he correct Laios about his name.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Synthbuttrange posted:

Things we know about the lunatic magician.

1. Insane
2. Gotta find Dergal
3. Gave Falin a brood patch so that she can incubate eggs when she lays them.

Really wondering where the chicken part came from. Something the gang missed when reviving Falin? Something the Mad Mage threw in for fun? Are chickens and dragons closely related like how chickens are closely related to dinosaurs IRL?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unlucky7 posted:

The mad mage gave Falin feathers because it looked sick as hell

I like the note that says "A bit smaller and more stylish than the Red Dragon"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I will befriend him with a copy of Monster Hunter