Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://twitter.com/DeltyThe73rd/status/1743325355057037426

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Marcille has very expressive ears.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

VideoWitch posted:

It's like that in the manga too so it might just be an early installment thing, but the precise definition of human is a cultural thing in universe so it could just be orcs don't consider elves the same as humans

What? Elves, halflings, and dwarves are "human?"

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Squidster posted:

A good friend has been watching this show with his very gentle six year old, on the impression it was a relatively kid-safe monsters and cooking show. Like a slightly older, more focussed Pokemon with life lessons.

The surprise tavern massacre did not go well

My friend spent a tear-filled hour trying to answer questions about why would the orcs do that, why did the elves hurt the orcs first, who the Bad Guys were, why does god let bad things happen to nice people

Leaning lessons about violence begetting violence at a young age.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Isn't there a manga thread? Why are people posting spoilers in this one?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

In the short time we'd seen Falin before I'd definitely not gotten the impression of her as the class bad girl lol.

It's nice detail that Falin and Marcile were long time friends from back in magical school. Helps to explain why Marcile didn't bug out with the rest of the party when they split after Falin got eaten.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Marsupial Ape posted:

Who the gently caress wears open toed shoes into a dungeon? Don’t even think about crushing injuries…think about all the stuff that will get in-between your toes.

I wear sandals when I hike. It's fine. Against people with weapons though it would be a liability.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I bet Falin is gonna start falling apart in an episode or two. There's gotta be a reason why that resurrection magic is forbidden.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

kaleedity posted:

oh boy oh boy the fun detail is really easy to miss when Kensuke leaps away from Falin and seconds later Laios admits that the sword reacts to monsters lmao

Maybe, though she's clearly got his sister's memories, magic, and sensitivity to ghosts. So I don't think she is the Red Dragon just pretending to be her. A fusion of the two seems possible and would be a good potential reason why that magic was banned.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

I got the impression from Namari's comment that he'd gone off to search for Falin somewhere else besides the dungeon.

That doesn't make a lot of sense, since you (apparently) need a body to revive someone. He has to be in the dungeon unless he expects her soul has already been unchained from her corpse and is somewhere else.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Well Mr. Samurai loving off makes a lot more sense now if he was just gathering his party before venturing forth.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The mad mage and King Delgal look like fun lads dancing with each other in the OP. I bet they would sure be great folks to hang out with!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Marsupial Ape posted:

edit: if you think about it, the only 'ethical' way to resurrect a person who dies in the dungeon is with animal matter from the dungeon. Keep the emergently complex system closed.

Ah! Good idea! Animal matter like red dragons! Nothing bad can happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Missed a chance to make Frieren an oblivion elf.