Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Really liked the episode, my one complaint is admittedly pretty minor and it's that they didn't include the ingredients list and nutritional info for the meals like they do in the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

it's her, Falin

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I really really like the op. There's just something about the vibe that really grabs me. The music hits the same part of my brain as the Okage: Shadow King soundtrack

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I mean it's also the translation in the scans I read. The only place I've seen it translated as researcher is the subs.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

where's the Marcille italian dub?

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

"Unfortunately that's not all, folks!"

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I've been eagerly awaiting this episode since last week and it did not disappoint. Like its the point where Ryoko Kui's skill at designing the world and monsters really starts to shine through.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I love the weird Smeagol Halffoot. Why does he hate vegetables so much?

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

It's like that in the manga too so it might just be an early installment thing, but the precise definition of human is a cultural thing in universe so it could just be orcs don't consider elves the same as humans

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Senshi just doesn't like electric stoves

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yup, it's basically only really talked about in some bonus material but what we would think of as a human is a tallman, where as a human refers to tallmen, half-foots, elves, dwarves, gnomes, and ogres. Everyone else, like orcs and kobolds, are demi-humans

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Good question, Megaman

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Also like they only just added a second actual coder to the team very recently too, it's not like they could just assign people to implementing language support

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

what

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

...anyways, I really enjoyed the Frog Mischief in this weeks episode. Reading the manga I had always kinda assumed they were basic green frogs but them being bright tropical frogs is real neat

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

2 Cours, so 24 I think? I can never remember how many episodes in a cour

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Was real excited for this episode and it did not disappoint

The last shot of Falin's skull is so loving well done

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Listen sometimes you just need a house with seven bathrooms

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

I appreciate using heat-resistant dragon scales as cookware, that's using every part of the buffalo right there. If they could skin that big bastard and cart the leather back up to the surface, that might put this whole expedition's finances back in the black. I'm sure it would be valuable to someone.

There was actually a bit about that in the manga that didn't make it into the anime

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly my read is the opposite. I think Marcille isn't entirely aware of her feelings for Falin while Falin absolutely is

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

They mean the reaction he has when Senshi just cuts into the tail

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I think it was just supposed to be that they were listening in on the conversation, because I'm pretty sure their beds aren't in that room

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Zeruel posted:

Orcs in japan have always been pig-like in appearance in Japan.

In the manga the orcs actually looked less piglike the first time they showed up, but Ryoko Kui thought they looked too boring so she redesigned them when they showed back up in this chapter

(This is from Daydream Hour 2, one of the collections of her sketches she put out throughout the run of the manga. 2 is from this point in the manga so it doesn't have any spoilers in it)

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/_kikimari_/status/1773789328629530758

I've never wanted a piece of anime merch more. It's just so goofy looking I love it

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

DamnitGannet posted:

I personally wouldn’t have killed the gnome guy because I think he’s cute

yeah I like how Holm is always :3

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Was the 'WHOA HEY' gag in the original manga?

yeah there was a small side panel of Marcille and Shuro's reactions. though funnily the shot of them before Falin rips her shirt off is an anime addition

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

They literally said the characters name in promotional materials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I'm sorry but a characters name is not a spoiler if they put it in the credits, use it in promotional material, the va makes a tweet saying she's voicing that character, etc.