Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
marcille

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
elves have always been good. its just ryoko kui understands their true potential and what makes them great~

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't like the OP song but i do like the visuals... they are all so tall and big!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
marcille is weird too, yes

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 4, 2024

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

dragon enthusiast posted:

It definitely takes some time for Kui's meticulous worldbuilding to pay off, and I might have ended up dropping the manga if I hadn't started reading it in the middle of its run. I don't know if the first 3 eps are going to cover up to the point when I first started really getting into it.

I want to avoid talking about manga stuff, but at least for me episode 3 should be the chapters where I started to realize just how much of a smartie and crazy creative Ryoko Kui is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why is everyone talking about the hit 2016 anime lip flappers in the dungeon meshi thread ???

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the ED art is so good... its so warm 🥹🙏

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zyxyz posted:

...is Marcille really not going to do a single even remotely competent thing this entire show? it's already getting real old

um... she got the better ingredient!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i relate to marcille a lot in these early parts because its how i imagine i would behave if i was dragged off on a camping trip

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
marcille (normal)
chilchuk (professional)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
marcille is for the girlies (im girlies)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
maybe the book has more dog related techniques that make more sense and its like, hey here is one more use for a dog!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
welcome to the marcille avatar conspiracy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If my heart was dedicated to Marcille I would probably get Falin's round head in episode one... Its so round!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Ryoko Kui apparently plays a bunch of western RPGs / roguelikes, and also occasionally likes trolling developers:

over/under that it was the mermaid farms that specifically got ryoko kui interested in the game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah there were no chapter delays at that time it was just a goof

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh drat, sword mollusk looks very cute animated.

Really happy with this. Going into the anime I thought Trigger was going to be the right choice for this, but these chapters felt like the first real test if they were going to nail it. And I feel like they did. yay!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
She has a few one shots that were built around grounding role playing scenarios. Dungeon meshi was actually another one in this line before it got serialized. I think its more she just wanted to hook people with a simple premise before expanding it out, based on how her previous one shots played out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
finally got to watch the new episode! good stuff.

good marcille hair in this episode. marcille's hair is one of the high points of the manga so this will be the ultimate determinator of quality of the anime series.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is probably my favorite one yet. i always liked this pair of chapters, some really cool ideas in both. living armor was when ryoko kui really first wow'd me but she just shows immediately here that she can consistently come up with some really creative stuff using these concepts. and the animation just remains really fun.

also a lot of small marcille/fallin moments 🥹🙏

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Dog kobolds are always the best type of kobolds. We as a society need to accept them into our hearts as the true default.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I was hoping they would do some fun stuff the art style when Laois went into the paintings before this episode came out and while they didn't I am not disappointed cause they saved all the effort animation for the mimic stuff. Which was probably the right decision because those scenes were super fun and had a lot of energy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
everything but images of marcille should be put behind spoilers, as to not distract people from images of marcille

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i do think that post is a bit much in a, guiding you down which path to think type of way, but yeah its literally the first minute of the show

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
add shadowheart to the OP, they are a very important character

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
cosmic wheel sisterhood! expeditions rome! her story! portia! etc. wow, i have a lot of overlapping taste with her. she is a true gamer 🫡

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its probably a huge undertaking compared to other games. like you have all the menus and stuff but i imagine like the random generation bits could also be tricky to deal with? they should still do it for her tho.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
marcille is such a sweetie

i forgot how cool the bit where they use water walk on the kraken was. ryoko kui comes up with neat set pieces.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My favorite episode yet! Marcille focused so not really a surprised but still just great animation throughout. The more the series continues the more I find myself loving it as its own thing beyond just it being a well done adaptation.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
TFW you are so gay you don't understand why your friend won't join you on the dangerous quest to save your gf.

Tansu cares so much about Kiki and Kaka 🥹

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Paper Lion posted:

i dont really pick up demure soft spoken from her, shes more kinda just spacey, her japanese va comes across more as someone just floating along, going with the flow, at peace and unbothered. its not the same as the kind of vibe youre talking about where theyre deliberately trying to radiate that specific brand of femininity, shes just a quiet airhead

Yeah its this lol.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It was published in Harta, I don't think kid friendly was ever a descriptor Ryoko Kui would've thought would get applied to it lol.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I always loved the bit on the surface here. Really fun to get some expansion of the world.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why are you making me read this post in the dungeon meshi thread

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
No no, you see its OK that I hate women because people hate women in worse ways in some other thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
e: whatever~

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
his is what true fashion looks like

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SirSamVimes posted:

gallant decides not to explain things that future episodes of the manga cover

goofus takes the opposite tact

be like gallant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I assume it will get renewed but yeah the bonus material is the real question mark for me.