Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Arc Hammer posted:

I swear before this is over Laios is going to try and eat a person.

Nah, people (of any species) are boring to him, he only cares about monsters.

Kobolds are close enough to monsters to count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

amigolupus posted:

I appreciate that as soon as the party has Falin back safe and sound, Chilchuck's just been glued to that bottle of booze.

Can you blame him? It's been a long day. He nearly got killed by a dragon, found out Laios has been keeping his living sword a secret, then Marcille goes and does forbidden black magic as if it was the most normal thing in the world to revive Falin, who comes back all bloodied. Dude's too old for this poo poo no matter what Senshi may think, he needs that drink after all of that.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

So what would have happened if they had mixed up some of the warg parts in there? Would Falin have come back with animal ears or a tail? Or some horrifying Chimera?

I imagine either the resurrection would fail, or it'd work but Falin would have bones inside her body that weren't hers and would be missing bones that were, causing significant issues and pain that healing magic afterwards could heal, but no one could use it since Marcille would be out of mana and Falin would be just revived and in a lot of pain.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gully Foyle posted:

Judging by the orange and blue, seems like the hidden character is Goku. Who would 100% love to be in this party with all the food.

I have no doubts Goku and Senshi would be instant best friends, one loves to eat and rejects no food, and the other loves to cook.

In fact Senshi would do pretty well in Dragon Ball, lots of characters would enjoy his expertise and they can hunt anything easily.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The_Doctor posted:

Mick is all over that kobold. Like, sir, what services are you paying him for?

Anything he's willing to do for food, which seems to be everything. Including risking his life (and losing it, several times). Poor Kuro.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Ah! I just realized who Mickbell reminds me of. She totally looks like Little My from Moomins

As shocking as this may sound, Mickbell's a guy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

All of the side-comics posting is making me realize just how much we need a shorts spinoff that adapts these things. It can be pretty low-budget, it just needs to give us those unconnected stories in short episodes. It's like how Frieren had oo no Mahou for silly gags.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Marsupial Ape posted:

Marcille could turn them into statues and report them to the authorities. You know she knows how to.

I'm not sure about that. As far as I can tell, Marcille's magic falls into three categories:

1) support magic (healing, revival, protection, etc.)
2) explosions
3) poo poo that should not, under any circumstances, be cast, is illegal and dangerous and may destroy the fabric of reality and warp humans into abominations

She's specialized in the third, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aoi posted:

The anime viewer reaction to Kabru is almost identical to what the manga reader reaction to Kabru was at this point in the story. The mark of a fantastically defined character, and I'm loving it.

I think this Ryoko Kui person may be kind of a good writer.