Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i actually bounced off the manga after a couple chapters for some inexplicable reason, Trigger magic should let me latch onto the anime enough tho. hoip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this show is good folx. thank you Trigger

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Is this the first adaptation of an existing series Trigger has done? Edgerunners is still an original story set in Cyberpunk but haven't the other Trigger shows I've seen have all been anime originals.

Gridman

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'll eat crow then

lordfrikk posted:

I thought the first episode was fine. Songs were nothing special, and the animation was serviceable. There were some funny parts, and Marcille was probably the best part of the episode. But I'd thought I'd be much better given how people talk it up and it being Trigger.

let them cook, it was just ep one

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ep 2 was even better, really getting into the thick of things now

Zyxyz posted:

...is Marcille really not going to do a single even remotely competent thing this entire show? it's already getting real old

how retarded can you possibly be

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

elves ftw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

very good ep, loved the spin on the living armor enemy type. somewhat less failelf than the previous two eps but hell, that's a-okay

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol I didn't notice Laios inserted himself into the Sexy Mollusc Fantasy.

thought i wouldn't be joining the DM av trend, but when inspiration strikes,

e:

Unlucky7 posted:

That said, there go my gang tags :(
if you want em back i'll queue them for you tho i can't go back and see what ones they were

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Unlucky7 posted:

I think I had the Streets of Rage "Only Trust your fists, Police will never help you" tags

EDIT: Actually, it may have only been the first one.

are you quite sure you want that back

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Squidster posted:

A good friend has been watching this show with his very gentle six year old, on the impression it was a relatively kid-safe monsters and cooking show. Like a slightly older, more focussed Pokemon with life lessons.

The surprise tavern massacre did not go well

My friend spent a tear-filled hour trying to answer questions about why would the orcs do that, why did the elves hurt the orcs first, who the Bad Guys were, why does god let bad things happen to nice people

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

Really enjoyed the focus on the other, more traditional party at the beginning, to contrast and showcase both how weird and how inexplicably competent Laios' party is. :allears:

Arc Hammer posted:

I wonder if they'll add more of those flashback scenes with Laios and Falin's first party to keep her in the story until they get back to the dragon. What's Dwarf Lady and Samurai Man's deal?

seconding both of these. very good ep, cant think of an ep so far without an S-tier Marcille reaction face

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Laios not recognizing the human adventurer from the previous floor but instantly knowing the kobold is such a good gag. series continues to be win

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

loved the flashback, Falin was adorable. also lol'd at the Senshi side-eye after Marcille owned him. great ep even w/o as much cooking stuff as the previous ones

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Majkol posted:

I've just watched ep 5, I've been watching the subbed version and I have to say, I really don't like Falin's japanese VA and the whole vibe of her character. It's that over the top demure, soft-spoken to the point of almost parody anime trope. It makes my skin crawl for some reason. Is the dub better?

terrible post

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

haypliss posted:

I am a hater, a Saori Hayami hater.

even worse post

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

what happened here

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i get being excited to check out the manga and the actual manga thread is in free discussion, but the anime thread isn't the place to gush about what's going to happen, as vague as it may be. ty

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yea, cut this poo poo out.

yeah at this point if it's something not animated yet just don't fuckin post about it lest ye be skullcracked, thanks

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

On the other hand, please be free to spoil other anime airing this season in this thread. I am in fact an admin of this site, and implore everyone to do it.

Frieren found dead in Miami, ketamine overdose

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Is hypothesizing about the characters in the OP still alright? I feel bad that people got a probe cus I mentioned it.

yeah hypothesizing is w/e but nerds stepping over each other to confirm/deny stuff will be swirlied appropriately

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

just watched the last two ep in succession with my partner and holy hell was that impactful. excited to see where things go from here

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Is posting episode previews okay if they've been released on the official YouTube channel?

are you a gambling man

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

this cour 1 & 2 stuff confuses me. Was this running every week until ep. 24 or is it 13 today and then break?

iirc there's no break

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Henker posted:

Kabru is the kind of guy who reads gossip rags and constantly posts on Kiwi Farms. He also knows Falin/Marcille are totally fuckin'.

brain damage

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Marsupial Ape posted:

Using two sock puppet accounts in a row to justify his galaxy-brain behavior is a very Kabru thing to do.

brain damage

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

anyways watched the two newest eps back-to-back with my partner and we both enjoyed them a whole lot, very worried about Falin but confident she'll pull through

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao