Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

I generally dislike elves in fiction.

Marcille is not like most elves in fiction. She is an adorable delight, and anytime she isn't on screen the characters should be asking "Where is Marcille?"

This is also true for Senshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

i'm glad people will finally start to recognize marcy as more than just the "elves are not lewd" elf

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kwyndig posted:

I'm sure they'll mix it up, there just isn't much call for a magic user on these early floors. I'm sure she'll be hurling fireballs at skeletons before you know it.

Yeah, you don't waste your Ultimas and Stopzas and poo poo on the trash mobs on the first floors, that's just bad resource management.

Marcille's just kinda antsy because she can't really connect with the current party members.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

RuBisCO posted:

Or just! A long rope!! Dumb rear end wizards!!!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
maybe the book just uses a dog as an example, the author expects the reader to be a high-level enough mage that using disposable summons like that is no big deal, but their editor forced them to provide a technically feasible solution for newbie mages

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

I certainly appreciate the effort to tone it down, but man Planescape Torment was entirely way too horny with its female party member character design, huh.

quote:

It's the little details like this that let you know she's a true fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Bet the real issue is just Senshi's firm belief that "proper flint and steel just imparts more flavor", it's a propane vs. charcoal thing

He is a dwarf, after all.