Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I knew they kinda missed on the OP song choice but did not expect it to be boring too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yes there are other jokes, and it's about the whole party and their adventure so definitely more than Laios being himself and Marcille holding her nose about it.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Majkol posted:

I've just watched ep 5, I've been watching the subbed version and I have to say, I really don't like Falin's japanese VA and the whole vibe of her character. It's that over the top demure, soft-spoken to the point of almost parody anime trope. It makes my skin crawl for some reason. Is the dub better?

The dub does not save her, but you might find it a minor improvement. It just feels like they're both running off similar direction and I can't enjoy anime Falin either because of it. Though I have stuck with subs because I like the Senshi much better and Falin isn't around that much.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I am a hater, a Saori Hayami hater.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I don't know what show we're talking about. Knowing what happens this week I'm very excited to watch the new ep of Dungeon Meshi though. :getin:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Was not prepared for the power of those frogs (intact). Thank you Trigger :pusheen:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The constant use of reflections in this show is so good.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
This adaptation feels like it's bringing a new angle and energy, which I value over Frieren just going for a straight but expanded take.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Rand Brittain posted:

That's an interesting take; do you want to talk about the angle you think this adaptation is approaching the material from?

It's really just a matter of style. Trigger are able to bring their trademark exaggeration to the show in a way that suits it, while also showing breadth beyond that, and it just feels like getting to see the material through different eyes. Angular and craggy animation like from Ikarashi and Kanno is such a stark contrast to the source's round, smooth, heavy lines, but absolutely works. They've dabbled with painted frames, first person pov (even including cg), comic paneling within the show, and a focus on composing shots with depth that enhances not just action but characters simply existing in/traversing the dungeon as a space.

I've only read about 2/3 of what Frieren adapted much longer ago than DM, and haven't been looking into comparison discussion so it just strikes me as high quality but straightforward.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Preview video seems like it could be fine, but I have no Idea what they'll put in the thumbnails.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Way back at the start they announced the disc release as 4 boxes with 6 episodes each, so if they're calling #13 the end of first cour then the second is #14-24.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's a nice change in the vibe of the visuals, even as they include several callbacks to OP1. Songwise I think Party is the only one I like so going from meh to meh isn't much difference.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's shipping, none of that matters. Laicille content is being created as we speak.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Ryoko Kui has ruined the cute dog.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/SarahKTranslate/status/1781775990144033277?t=9aSVvbhJ4bFpm5X_FGxWKA&s=19

Ya know that's a good point. Kensuke could have been called Bring Stabbity or something. It's fine as-is but Slashy McSword Mollusk would be a good name.

Feel like this logic gets weird when you account for like, Senshi.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm personally allowing all headcanons to exist in concert, you're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Aside from some name and early pronoun flubs, I haven't really heard bad about the official TL.