Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I mean that was kinda funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I was mildly amused, yeah.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

https://twitter.com/RichardERoeper/status/1786382262298165551

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Late in the game, we get an extended “action” sequence that is designed to satirize the Jan. 6 insurrection, and it’s so bad and poorly shot it’s as if everyone involved in the movie has just given up."

Jesus Christ :crossarms:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The punch line to the January 6th plot is a congressional hearing where the Tony the Tiger mascot defends making GBS threads on the floor saying he has a "Kel-log" to show everyone.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

The punch line to the January 6th plot is a congressional hearing where the Tony the Tiger mascot defends making GBS threads on the floor saying he has a "Kel-log" to show everyone.

lmao

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Escobarbarian posted:

Like I watch Loot and I find it generally enjoyable but jfc there are several really good people writing for and starring in it and all they ever do is vaguely gesture towards wealth being bad and that you should do good things with it before adding in a whole ton of “lol look what rich person can do!!!!!” jokes or just generic wacky nonsense

I don't think Loot is trying to have an important message. I think it's basically "Maya Rudolph p much has unlimited money, let's goof around and see what she can get up to."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Hacks is back, without those glamour stopping punchlines!

Edit: Ava does have a OK punchline, but it’s the only good joke in the first 18 minutes of the episode. If it stays this bad I’m not gonna watch it, which sucks because I loved last season.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 4, 2024

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I watched the first episode of Shardlake on Disney+*, and it's pretty great so far. A nameoftherosian monastery murder mystery with Sean Bean as Thomas Cromwell and Arthur Hughes as the crippled detective Shardlake who can make amazing deductions from a single glance at a murder victim. Surprised to see no discussion of it anywhere. I especially like how the true purpose of the murder investigation is to find dirt on the monastery to shut them down so Sean Bean can take their stuff. If the murderer isn't one of the monks, they must be proven to be papists or sodomites or whatever. Anything will do.

I think I'll check out the novels. I had never heard of this series before.

* I guess it's on Hulu in the US?

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 4, 2024

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I had not heard of that show before, but based on your ad blurb, I will check it out :hmmyes: It released on the 1st?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So Baby Reindeer was pretty soul destroying, in the last episode when the father quietly says "I grew up on in the catholic church...." it felt like an emotional nuclear bomb went of.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Just finished season 3 of Ghosts. I continue to be surprised CBS managed to take the original and not turn it in to something horrifically awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Conan must go is a great great comedy show. I think you want to watch them in segments, but 15 minutes at a time it’s great.