Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

rebel poo part poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Kingo Ligma posted:

I just watched In The Court Of The Crimson King, a documentary on the 50th anniversary of prog rock band King Crimson and it has the absolute best smash cut to credits for comedic effect I've ever seen.

Toby Amies, Director: what was it? What did I miss?
Extremely combative and perpetually angry band leader Robert Fripp: Everything. You missed everything. There was a determining, critical, and pivotal scene in which the history, the origins, and the future of King Crimson were presented and you were not there, thus rendering this entire DVD (author's note: this was filmed on 2019 lmao) ineffectual and of little use or interest to all.
Toby Amies: Thanks.

Hard cut to title card "filmed, produced, and directed by Toby Amies" while the band's most famous song, which Fripp actively hates, plays.

Cinema.

Lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Rebel moon isn't even fun to make fun of I just wish I never saw any of it

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

I just finished Strangers on a Train (1951). Absolutely incredible, hiiighly recommend. The suspense is very effective and god is that cinematography gorgeous. Probably my favorite Hitchcock thus far.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Rebel Moon was fun. It was 40k with the IP filed off, which is funny because 40k is itself a pastiche.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just saw Marie Antoinette, pretty good. Feel kinda bad for her but overall I'm glad they chopped off all those heads

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Red Letter Media 2024: It's got a gimp man with glowsticks in his head, a couple Jim Hensons, a slut, and a pop culture man

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
sometimes im baffled at the things you people watch

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

To be sure it's hard to fathom what would drive people to watch not only rebel moon, but a PG13 unfinished cut of rebel moon

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

dreezy posted:

sometimes im baffled at the things you people watch

Avoid Tittyfuckers 2: Death of the Good Guys at all costs

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

I just finished Strangers on a Train (1951). Absolutely incredible, hiiighly recommend. The suspense is very effective and god is that cinematography gorgeous. Probably my favorite Hitchcock thus far.

Now watch Throw Momma From The Train

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I just finished Tittyfuckers 2: Death of the Good Guys (2022). Absolutely incredible, hiiighly recommend. The suspense is very effective and god is that cinematography gorgeous. Probably my favorite cock thus far.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

Avoid Tittyfuckers 2: Death of the Good Guys at all costs

This is a really good post. Get yourself a nice coffee :)
(Sincere)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you can tell kingo really works in hollywood cause they complimented a perosn by telling them to get a coffee

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
M Night movies somehow still get funded

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1780989795914711235

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

He makes cheap movies that do well at the box office. The fact that he still gets work is one of the more comprehensible decisions in Hollywood.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yeah hes kinda like adam sandler but its a big ol twist instead of a fat mexican crossdresser getting kicked in the balls and farting

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

That DICK! posted:

yeah hes kinda like adam sandler but instead of a fat mexican crossdresser getting kicked in the balls its a big ol twist

He always casts himself in his own movies as a nebbish mealy-mouthed weirdo. Only guy I know of who has negatively typecast himself. I suppose Breen has too, just not intentionally

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

haha absolutely. let me just google those two words to see which one youre talking about

edit: good god its such a coin toss im afraid i stepped on your joke

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 19, 2024

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The Sixth Sense was also so insanely and surprisingly profitable that he is still coasting off that almost 25 years later.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

That DICK! posted:

yeah hes kinda like adam sandler but its a big ol twist instead of a fat mexican crossdresser getting kicked in the balls and farting

Whoever figures out how to make a movie where the unexpected twist is a fat Mexican cross dresser getting kicked in the balls and farting will make so much money they'll single handedly cause such brutal hyperinflation most of the planet will starve to death (complimentary).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don't understand M Night's career at all. I frigging love Unbreakable, and the camerawork is so well done and all the shots that are just held add a surprising amount of emotional heft to various story beats (the scene in the kitchen where the son pushes the newspaper over). It's just a great movie and I rewatch it frequently.

But then other than the lesser "golden age" M Night movies Sixth Sense. The Village and Signs none of his other movies have even flashes of this in them. They just feel like he just doesn't care about composing interesting scenes with the camera anymore.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I laughed when that lady in Old died of boneitis

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I liked Lady in the Water because he cast himself as a writer who writes so good he saves the world

also theres Mr. Critic, who sucks, and then gets eaten alive gruesomely lmao

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
sweet, the latest episode of Shogun has ninjas

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I’ve been rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm and finally caught up to the final season last night. Is he seriously ending the show with a more convoluted, season long version of the Seinfeld finale?

Big lol if so.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
does anyone remember which Wheel episode had the Milton Berle workout video? google is as usual unhelpful

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

priznat posted:

I don't understand M Night's career at all. I frigging love Unbreakable, and the camerawork is so well done and all the shots that are just held add a surprising amount of emotional heft to various story beats (the scene in the kitchen where the son pushes the newspaper over). It's just a great movie and I rewatch it frequently.

But then other than the lesser "golden age" M Night movies Sixth Sense. The Village and Signs none of his other movies have even flashes of this in them. They just feel like he just doesn't care about composing interesting scenes with the camera anymore.

Signs has the birthday video.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

does anyone remember which Wheel episode had the Milton Berle workout video? google is as usual unhelpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyBjbqKPIj0&t=3551s

e: search keywords: rlm botw berle

Probably couldn't find it because it's a Black Spine raffle rather than WOTW

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 19, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Signs has the birthday video.

Yah that’s one of the flashes of greatness it has for sure. There’s a few great shots in that, even the flashlight scene is pretty cool.

Unbreakable seems like it’s by a completely different filmmaker, the pacing is so deliberate and confident.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Signs is not a good movie if the birthday video is a highlight

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

henkman posted:

Signs is not a good movie if the birthday video is a highlight

The movie stinks but that scene is very good.

priznat posted:

Yah that’s one of the flashes of greatness it has for sure. There’s a few great shots in that, even the flashlight scene is pretty cool.

Unbreakable seems like it’s by a completely different filmmaker, the pacing is so deliberate and confident.

Unbreakable is probably the best superhero movie and his output after it makes you wonder how the same guy made it and the Sixth Sense.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

The movie stinks but that scene is very good.

Unbreakable is probably the best superhero movie and his output after it makes you wonder how the same guy made it and the Sixth Sense.

Yup 100%. It’s baffling. Was Bruce Willis actually doing the directing and was secretly a filmmaking savant? :smith:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
broke: unbreakable, sixth sense, signs
woke: the visit, the happening, devil

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

That DICK! posted:

you can tell kingo really works in hollywood cause they complimented a perosn by telling them to get a coffee

:laffo:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

Whoever figures out how to make a movie where the unexpected twist is a fat Mexican cross dresser getting kicked in the balls and farting will make so much money they'll single handedly cause such brutal hyperinflation most of the planet will starve to death (complimentary).

Kingo Ligma posted:

This is a really good post. Get yourself a nice coffee :)
(Sincere)

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

Groovelord Neato posted:

unbreakable was so good, especially the soundtrack

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm one of those weirdos who liked The Village. Yeah yeah, "the twist wasn't as good" but it was still a gorgeously creepy film. But then Lady in the Water was an absolute heaping pile of garbage. Just an incredible dropoff there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah the aliens in signs are scary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-_CurVH3gY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

mysterious frankie posted:

I’ve been rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm and finally caught up to the final season last night. Is he seriously ending the show with a more convoluted, season long version of the Seinfeld finale?

Big lol if so.

Yeah, the meta joke actually makes the seinfeld finale flop worthwhile. The last season isn't flawless, but it's still pretty good.