Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I've enjoyed a lot of jon's work over the years, the MMA series probably being his career high point.

I was folding pretty hard while I was watching it yesterday but the ross perot video didn't make much of an impression. Sports is a great entry point for his gosh shucks schtick, libertarian politics not so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Why people keep crawling back to Bethesda even with a track record of Fallout 4/76/Starfield mystifies me, (also people willing to look past what Nolan the Lesser did to Westworld). I like the Fallout universe enough to keep watching the show but the best review I can give is that it's "fine".

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
we hope they might accidentally make another morrowind

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Arc Hammer posted:

Lily?

I mean if you want to plumb that depth, I'm sure Grandma's got a present for you.

If Lily from NV ends up being Lily from the Fallout show's namesake, that would be amazing.

OH LOOK AT THE DINOSAUR SWEETIE! DID YOU WANT TO RIDE THE DINOSAUR?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Make the janky Gamebryo engine bugs show canon.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cacator posted:

Why people keep crawling back to Bethesda even with a track record of Fallout 4/76/Starfield mystifies me, (also people willing to look past what Nolan the Lesser did to Westworld). I like the Fallout universe enough to keep watching the show but the best review I can give is that it's "fine".

People say 76 is actually good now but I'll be damned if I'm ever going to try it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cacator posted:

The reason is that his games satisfy people psychologically. He's the beneficiary of one weird trick for the human mind: people deeply want a game that lets them manifest their dreamed of hobo (charitably hunter-gatherer) life.

He's lucky or wise to have found that niche and exploited it ruthlessly. Everything else can be forgiven as long as he serves that need. He can sell people power helmets full of toxic mold and they'll keep coming

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Cacator posted:

Where else are you gonna get your gaming slop you little piggy? Ubisoft? Blizzard? Electronic loving Arts? That's what I thought. You'll take it and you'll like it. Now get on your knees and bark like a dog for Daddy Todd and you might get a new elder scrolls before you die of old age.
-Todd Howard, probably.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The thing that bothers me so much about the rock being chronically 8 hours late to a shoot is that all he posts or talks about is hustlegrind culture and “outwork, bro”

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i can’t believe the dwayne would lie to us, how could he???

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i like how if you watch one clip of a show you haven't seen on youtube suddenly all of your recommendations become clips from that show and it's just spoilers everywhere

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Space Jam posted:

i can’t believe the dwayne would lie to us, how could he???

Can you smell what he was cooking though? Thankfully, I cannot.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

poisonpill posted:

The thing that bothers me so much about the rock being chronically 8 hours late to a shoot is that all he posts or talks about is hustlegrind culture and “outwork, bro”

It's the wrestling "work" not work work

I watched godzilla minus one earlier. It was great but there weren't enough annoying teenagers doing quips. zero bags of popcorn and minus one godzilla.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I find it kind of hard to believe that any movie would ever finish filming if the lead was 8 hours late on a nearly daily basis.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I will forgive The Rock's lovely politics and his awful on-set behavior because he re-introduced the following terms into the modern vernacular:
-Roody-poo
-Candy-rear end
-Jabroni

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

I find it kind of hard to believe that any movie would ever finish filming if the lead was 8 hours late on a nearly daily basis.

Find me a heavy set bald man and an apple box and we’ll film the back of his head until Dwayne graces us with his presence

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

poisonpill posted:

Turns out it's actually really easy to get up at 4am every day and do 45 minutes in the gym if you then go straight back to bed and sleep till 3pm.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I guess you've never been in a band? You always tell the bassist they need to be somewhere 2 hours before they actually do. There's got to be a First AD out there smart enough to come up with the same solution.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Insofar as the rock is in some sense the apotheosis of sigma grindset hustle culture, you really can't rule out him ascending to high office and immediately presiding over the collapse

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Didn't Rock and Oprah team up? Maybe they could run as President and Vice President one day?

EDIT: Oh wait, a black female vice president? Never gonna happen in America

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Outpost22 posted:

Didn't Rock and Oprah team up?

yeah they took down john cena at summer slam

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Whats her finisher?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Meat Wagon posted:

Whats her finisher?

Summoning an unstoppable swarm of killer bees

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Kingo Ligma posted:

I guess you've never been in a band? You always tell the bassist they need to be somewhere 2 hours before they actually do. There's got to be a First AD out there smart enough to come up with the same solution.

Hmm, this might actually explain a few things.

I am the bassist.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1786061021309743155

So sick that Cosmatos is hitting the big time now, casting Stewart/Isaac is pretty big coming from Cage being the only big name from the last 2 films he did. Mandy is still one of my faves and I never thought Cosmatos would be able to get a 3rd, let alone a 4th film greenlit but apparently he has a lot of power behind the next two.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

DLC Inc posted:

So sick that Cosmatos is hitting the big time now, casting Stewart/Isaac is pretty big coming from Cage being the only big name from the last 2 films he did. Mandy is still one of my faves and I never thought Cosmatos would be able to get a 3rd, let alone a 4th film greenlit but apparently he has a lot of power behind the next two.

His Cabinet of Curiosities episode was great and that had an interesting cast (Peter Weller, Eric Andre, Sofia Boutella)

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
I feel like I've been burnt too many times by movie production news to get excited, but a Cosmatos vampire movie with Stewart and Isaacs fills me with glee.

Also, just watched Hundreds of Beavers, it was a DELIGHT.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DLC Inc posted:

What are your trying to say about Bill Duke. :argh:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Outpost22 posted:

Didn't Rock and Oprah team up? Maybe they could run as President and Vice President one day?

EDIT: Oh wait, a black female vice president? Never gonna happen in America

I'm just gonna take this as a commentary on how little impact Kamala Harris has had as Vice President.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the true power behind the scenes never acts directly

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

kamala harris? the san francisco district attorney?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

finally... good films

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Space Jam posted:

take me back to 2006 with you

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

sweet geek swag posted:

I'm just gonna take this as a commentary on how little impact Kamala Harris has had as Vice President.

Her being so much less visible than the other 21st century vice presidents makes me wonder how much of Veep has really happened.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

DLC Inc posted:

80s LA is a little played out but im sure that weirdo greek-italian nepo baby can make it interesting

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It’s weird how they aren’t milking 80s nyc for vibes

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Space Jam posted:

let's get Joe on the phone about this

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Cubone posted:

also that goddamn heartbreaker about the history of mma "fighting in the age of loneliness" that I've watched like three times

wasn't that Felix though?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Cacator posted:

starfield bombed if it makes you feel any better. it makes me feel better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

JAnon posted:

wasn't that Felix though?

quote:

Jon Bois and Felix Biederman put together this documentary a few years ago, beginning the process in 2017 and publishing it in November 2018. A lot of you weren't around back then, a lot of you might not have watched all of our stuff back then, a lot of you might need an excuse to kill two hours right now. Jon's work has meant so much to our team and to our audience for a long time now so we felt there was no better way to say "thank you" than with this special project.