Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

ochtima 8: daint ever call me british again

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

ochtima 8: daint ever call me british again

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hope you're all looking forward to Freedom Force 2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Hope you're all looking forward to Freedom Force 2

absolutely not

https://i.imgur.com/uo0Phw3.mp4

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

: Have another race join your alliance
I'm very behind on progress due to new job.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Have another race join your alliance

Interesting game so far. It kinda reminds me of the only CD-i game I've played, Laser Lords. its mostly the music, but the voice acting is similar too

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Meet the Time Lord

That sucked to get. Most of the questline was pointless filler, especially the stupid warehouse with the climbing at the end that barely worked. Didn't even learn anything about the Guardian beyond "He's a bad dude", which is a huge step down from Ultima 6 where the conflict made actual sense.

gently caress this game, I quit.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 3-17

Armored Core 3 (PS2) - 2002 - Deadline 5/8/24 11:59EST

Layered, an underground world that humanity fled into to escape a global catastrophe that ruined the Earth's surface. Within this world are three corporations vying for control over the limited space and assets. Overseeing all of this is the godlike artificial intelligence, The Controller. Also present is a terrorist group opposing The Controller's near-absolute control over mankind. You are a pilot newly-inducted into the Ravens — mercenaries piloting the powerful Armored Cores — who is soon pulled into a conspiracy that threatens to forever change the subterranean society.

Armored Core 3 is a 2002 third-person shooter mecha video game developed by FromSoft for the PS2, and the sixth entry in the Armored Core series. Armored Core 3 acts as a reboot for the franchise and begins a storyline that would continue through Armored Core: Last Raven. In 2009, Armored Core 3 was ported to the PlayStation Portable. You can play this version I guess, if you're some kind of sicko.

:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRIPsYS4hOA

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Beat the "Assault Crest Facility" mission
: Get the MLB-MOONLIGHT
: Have a new or upgraded part in every slot
: Complete all Arena missions
: Beat the game
: Reach 100% completion (PLATINUM)
: S-Rank all missions (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 4/25/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to Lunchmeat Larry for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 1, 2024

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

:hellyeah:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh gently caress yeah

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

turn off signatures

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

oh gently caress yeah

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

: Meet the Time Lord

That sucked to get. Most of the questline was pointless filler, especially the stupid warehouse with the climbing at the end that barely worked. Didn't even learn anything about the Guardian beyond "He's a bad dude", which is a huge step down from Ultima 6 where the conflict made actual sense.

gently caress this game, I quit.

Also drat lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Armored Core 3 … sixth entry in the Armored Core series.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Neat, I played a little bit of 4 Answer before 6 came out but never played anything earlier

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

gently caress yes. Thank you larry...

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Finally a good loving game

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://cdromance.org/ps2-iso/armored-core-3-true-analogs-hack/

people should play the analog hack that backports ninebreaker's dual analog control scheme

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i owned armored core 3 and absolutely did not beat it. now to run it back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice I just played the first 3 recently, might as well jump to 3 before checking out 2.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Nice I just played the first 3 recently, might as well jump to 3 before checking out 2.

some sub-numerate imp is freaking out reading this

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I spent all weekend flying around collecting rocks and forgot to actually accomplish anything. I'll probably just keep playing past the deadline.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

some sub-numerate imp is freaking out reading this

Yeah it’s me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve still never played an armored core game. Will this be the one that changes that? Only time will tell…

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’ve still never played an armored core game. Will this be the one that changes that? Only time will tell…

theyre the most godlike games fromsofts ever made

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

incredible fromsoft split section action gameplay + th ability to go so completely insane lookin at minute but meaningful stat differences that your brain melts from bliss? now thats what i'm talkin about

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

I played a couple of AC games back in the day on Xbox 360 (For Answer and maybe 5, I think?) and AC6, of course, but I've never checked out any of the earlier ones. Kick-rear end pick.

rodbeard posted:

I spent all weekend flying around collecting rocks and forgot to actually accomplish anything. I'll probably just keep playing past the deadline.

Lol same - I got lost in a grinding/upgrading loop and absolutely forgot what I was doing it for. I suspect I won't get too much further before deadline, but it's such a rad game, I'll probably just keep playing.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ac6 is extremely good, I'm hyped to play an older one with dual stick controls

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

sourdough posted:

Ac6 is extremely good, I'm hyped to play an older one with dual stick controls

got some bad news

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

https://cdromance.org/ps2-iso/armored-core-3-true-analogs-hack/

people should play the analog hack that backports ninebreaker's dual analog control scheme

people should actually just play it as is to get the true AC experience. I'm pretty sure silent line had updated controls and larry picked the one right before that and i respect the hell out of that, unless i'm wrong lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

gently caress these probes in star control 2 lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

now you've upset sullen plummet.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lol the scottish pterodactyls are godlike

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Easily the worst part of the game. They're just so fast and aggressive the ships you can get early do poorly against them, even a fully upgraded flagship can take hits before pasting one.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
the spathi ships are probably the best bet against the probes early on since you can stay just outside lightning range and throw BUTTs at them. i went and got max thrusters on the flagship just so i didn't have to get caught by them over and over.

turn off signatures

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the probes are definitely supposed to be an active nuisance, but I wish one or two of the early ships had been better at taking them out.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Find the source of the crystalline probes

goodbye probes

: Start a civil war between the Yehat clans

hello war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

nice, the probes are free RU now