Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

second page trophy case. i will be committing ritual seppuku

: Enter the tower for the first time
: Collect two spheres
: Get a human character to 99 strength and agility
: Acquire 2 Mystic Statues
: Defeat the vampire twins as Will (PLATINUM)
: Die 25 Times
: Beat it
: Watch the movie Sweet Home (1989) and write a review in the thread
: Start the generator

symbolic fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Roth posted:

But I was going to finish watching Carole and Tuesday with my girlfriend tonight...

*solemnly*

I'm sorry babe, Mega Man needs me

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

checking out the 2023 results badges in early access

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 3-3

Cave Story (PC/Various) - 2004 - Deadline 1/17/24 11:59EST

You wake up in a dark cave with no memory of who you are, where you came from or why you're in such a place. Uncovering Mimiga Village you discover that the once-carefree Mimigas are in danger at the hands of a maniacal scientist. The Mimigas’ only hope rest squarely on the shoulders of a quiet, amnesiac boy who can't remember his own name.

Cave Story is a 2004 Metroidvania platform-adventure game for Windows, developed over five years by Japanese independent developer Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya in his free time. Most text in the original Cave Story is Japanese, but a translation patch for the game was distributed by Aeon Genesis. Indie devs Nicalis worked with Amaya to port the game to WiiWare and DSiWare in 2010, and to many other platforms in the years since.

Pixel did the original soundtrack too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtxp70tVHyM

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Defeat Balfrog
: Beat the game
: Beat the game on a Hell Run*

*(fight through the Blood Stained Sanctuary / Sacred Grounds and get the best ending)

:siren:Game starts 1/8/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to Vadun for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

having played through & gotten the best ending like two years ago i'm not sure i have it in me to do it again but gently caress it. good pick

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's also worth noting iirc you can lock yourself out of completing a Hell Run so uh be careful lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

Spoken like a true second page scrub.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

elf help book posted:

you dont have to laugh at that

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Leadthumb posted:

i appreciate you larry

homo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sourdough posted:

You don't need to sign your empty quotes :D

:mad:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

o_O

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i have no idea what i'm doing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Vadun posted:

I thought I was good at Cook Serve Delicious, but I failed at the first level. I was under the impression my customers were walking away happy but I guess I need to pay more attention to overfilling beer and soup

this was pretty much my experience, not even sure what i'm doing wrong since i can't read Kanji. not much a fan of restaurant sim games like this in the first place cuz they tend to stress me out so i think i'm gonna give up on this one

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rodbeard posted:

It's on Vimm's lair. It's the only rom site I trust to not give my computer AIDS

look at this guy who doesn't have to play Minesweeper for the right download button. pussy

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't know if I agree with the idea that you don't need any japanese knowledge to play this game

: Translate an EN patch (PLATINUM)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spoderman posted:

: Beat the game on Gourmet (PLATINUM)

once you get your execution down, gourmet mode is actually a lot of fun. it’s way faster than normal mode. if you can chain together four or more perfect orders at once in the beginning, that’s it, the round is over and you immediately win since all the customers are critics. that’s the only real change, it’s not harder per se. but it means that you have to move incredibly fast, because your opponent can do the same thing. it becomes a blitz cooking match, and by the last levels you’re praying for a slate of quick to prepare meals.

you scare me

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Which screen is the difficulty select.

the third menu screen

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

"Out" of the closet

congratulations

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

more people should pick 8/16 bit games

wish granted. load up your Atari 7800 emulators everybody

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mid-Atlantic Imp LAN party? we've got two days to set this up. I'll order the Little Caesar's. let's claim some trophies.✊

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hell yeah

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cool. Still never beat a SaGa game lol

same, looking forward to playing this one

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

time to roll for February

The next month-long game pick goes to #27, Leadthumb! Congrats and let me know your game/trophy choices when you can.

jesus christ it actually is going to be La-Mulana 2 February

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

You people need to be killed.

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

havent had a chance to start FFL yet, if i'm a neanderthal who just likes attacking over and over & not overthinking systems how rough of a time am i in for

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

griwuf a pair:lfg:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

: Enter the tower for the first time

finally on the board for this year. not sure if the game's quite clicking yet but it's getting there

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

: Collect two spheres
: Get a human character to 99 strength and agility

have no idea what i'm doing. some annoying parts but also some pretty cool parts. gonna try and finish before the deadline but gaming time is limited...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

welcome posted:

A bungled pengel battle Tweedle beetle biffed.

- Ministry, "Jesus Built My Hotrod"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

TIME OVER for Super Strike Eagle, and the clock starts now for McDonald's® Treasure Land Adventure™. Good luck imps!

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

we've done it, we've actually become Rat Frenzy

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

Evil Eagle: “I’m going to do a 6 hour midnight marathon of Dragon Quest and unlock every available trophy within mere minutes of the gaming window opening.”

The nastiest of insane freaks who just started posting in the IZGC thread one day: “Hold our fountain Hi-Cs”

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

Ronald got a huge rear end.

gently caress you

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HEY EVERYONE RONALD GOT A FAT loving rear end. i am normal and can be trusted with picking game club games - guy holding a copy of Lester the Unlikely behind his back

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

lmfao the avs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted: