Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

you should play the edgeworth games

Telling someone whos exhausted of ace attorney to play aai1 should be considered homicidal intent

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Also getting into the battle prep screen and you're losing 40-240 and then you make two Tactics tweaks and toggle an Assist and boom. It's a clean sweep. Total victory. Untouchable tacticsfeel.

:hai:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Telling someone whos exhausted of ace attorney to play aai1 should be considered homicidal intent

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ArfJason posted:

lol. but also aai2 is a must play so sadly it has to be done

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

lol hate that song

----------------

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ArfJason posted:

It kicks so much rear end

I know it does but it will have to wait when I am able to game on things more in depth than dragon quest. Just like Disco Elysium (5/5 btw)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

4. Super Mario World (96 exits, repeat)

Been playing a bunch of the Mario, Zelda and Metroid games with my kids. The oldest basically plays a bunch of what's on Switch Online and then has me take over when he gets tilted. Only using the save states when it's time to switch games so that he can understand that I lose a lot too and the only way to get better is to beat them.

Anyway, I remember the fortress and ghost house in Bowser's level being insanely hard but Tubular was the level that gave me the most trouble this time around. Absolutely God tier platformer but I've been enjoying replaying Super Mario Bros. 3 more (we're on world 5, currently). I might actually hate Super Mario Bros. 2, lol.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
1. Spider-Man 2

2. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

game feels terrible to play in 2024. simple and clean is such a powerful song

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

John Romero posted:

1. Spider-Man 2

2. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

game feels terrible to play in 2024. simple and clean is such a powerful song

limp little schween. well, later John

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
There's easier ways to get negative attention John

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Final Fantasy 4 Pixel Remaster. Like 2 and 3 I have mixed feelings on it, but I lean more positively overall and would say I liked it better than either of those pretty easily. My biggest complaint is like the pseudo-job system, which you can't even call a system really since each character just has a job and never changes (aside from the main character doing it once during the story), which on its own wouldn't be too bad, but you don't even have control over who is in your party which changes based on story events. The comparison that comes to mind is Dragon Quest 4, where each character is locked into a certain build, but you choose 3 of them to be in your active party with your hero so you can still customize party build even if you can't each individual character--none of that here, you get what the story gives you until they take it away from you. This is especially annoying in the early game where you can end up with a bunch of squishy spellcasters getting beaten up with only one melee character to help them and things of that nature, though you do end up with a pretty good party setup by the time the game ends.

But the ATB combat system and the classes themselves were fun, and there were lots of cool ideas in the story and characters--Cecil redeeming himself and turning from a dark knight to a paladin, Kain and Golbez having their own redemption stories, all the cool moments where characters sacrifice themselves in big ways (even if nearly all of them show up again later more or less unharmed for no real reason. Very frustrating at times but overall pretty good, after everything I've heard about 5 and 6 I'm excited to finally be getting to them now.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I still think the worst stretch of the game is when Tellah is your only magic user and he's locked to 90 max MP for lore reasons.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
4) Star Control 2: owns, and the free stars version on steam is free

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

34) dragon ball z budokai 2 (ps2, cleared dragon world mode)

the fighting is slightly better but everything else is so much worse that i kinda hate this more than the first game lol. the story mode is an awful board game that takes forever and only takes advantage of the concept on the one stage where buu can absorb frieza and cell if he moves on to their spaces. the presentation is so much worse than the last game, it's mostly stilted poorly written text boxes. it's somehow even loving grindier if you want to unlock stuff and they lock world tournament mode behind how many characters you have. and even though the fighting is better it's still not like, good. just a real loving dire game. looking forward to trying out 3 ! ! ! ! ! ! !

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 15, 2024

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

34) dragon ball z budokai 2 (ps2, cleared dragon world mode)

the fighting is slightly better but everything else is so much worse that i kinda hate this more than the first game lol. the story mode is an awful board game that takes forever and only takes advantage of the concept on the one stage where buu can absorb frieza and cell if he moves on to their spaces. the presentation is so much worse than the last game, it's mostly stilted poorly written text boxes. it's somehow even loving grindier if you want to unlock stuff and they lock world tournament mode behind how many characters you have. and even though the fighting is better it's still not like, good. just a real loving dire game. looking forward to trying out 3 ! ! ! ! ! ! !

3 is awesome because you can keep transforming mid-combo to juggle someone for ages and make that person stop being your friend

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That reminds me that the other day we were watching Catfish and the girl being catfished had a huge tattoo of Shenron surrounded by the dragon balls on her arm. It was badass

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

5. Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Another one that I played with the kids. This was better than I remember it being. The zones all have cool flavor and Wario's castle (and Wario himself) were actually sort of hard. Overall the fact that Mario takes up so much space on the screen makes it so that the levels are too easy and I think hit boxes are a little confusing. It feels very slippery compared to other Mario games. My favorite thing is Wario getting all the power ups one at a time at the end. Never would have relived this if my son hasn't asked me to play it, but I'm glad I did. I'm not actually positive I beat it as a kid.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

SML2 is one of the best mario games

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
putting out the flame war before it starts by saying all of them are great

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Mamkute posted:

glad to have an adult in the room

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i never played mario land 2 til it came out on 3ds and hell, its ftw.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

certainly better than that piece of poo poo mario world, if only because wario's in it

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Mamkute posted:

*reluctantly moving my usb charging cable from my gauss sniper rifle back to my lilikoi-mango vape pen*

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Arch Nemesis posted:

*reluctantly moving my usb charging cable from my gauss sniper rifle back to my lilikoi-mango vape pen*

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arch Nemesis posted:

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mamkute posted:

Thank you.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Arch Nemesis posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arch Nemesis posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arch Nemesis posted:

lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Momodora: Moonlit Farewell

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Arch Nemesis posted:

lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mamkute posted:

Nice save - you're an inspiration to us all, Mamkute! o7

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Momodora: Moonlit Farewell

Goodbye.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Best Dogma 2. Sickest poo poo in years in this goon’s opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I need a new personal.compjtr.r