Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a sexual elk posted:

Sok she says you’re rubbing against the sheets asking “if she likes that!” Most of the time

how dare she I would never quote Kirk Cousins!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Sok she says you’re rubbing against the sheets asking “if she likes that!” Most of the time

Wait that’s not garden themed

Uuuuh

Don’t blame the poor crop on the soil, blame it on the gardner who dumps his seed on the sheets….then cries

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Love ya too bud

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

THere's no shame in crying. Life is beautiful.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Thinking about trying out the Gordon Ramsey scrambled eggs this weekend. Seems easy enough but there's a whole freaking Master Chef episode centered on it.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Also kinda bummed, ordered my Lupine seeds on the 19th and still nothing. No tracking number given. Emailed them today to let them know, only $5 but they were one of the more reputable sellers. Just afraid I missed the window for 7a up here. I’ll prolly get seeds before next frost in October but kinda bummed missing a season. 2 weeks into throwing the poppy seeds down and not seeing anything in the garden area but they take a bit longer. Same with the clover I edged the garden with, also a bummer cause I threw rest of that clover seed bag along the chain link in the driveway and I’m seeing tons of buds popping up. Dunno.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Thinking about trying out the Gordon Ramsey scrambled eggs this weekend. Seems easy enough but there's a whole freaking Master Chef episode centered on it.

In my old age I stopped making scrambled eggs, except when I get nostalgic and want a shitload of ketchup and eggs. To many dishes, yes one bowl is too much. I just semi fry then split the yolk and start folding until everything looks good.

To note I use a lot of butter and have a bunch hollandaise sauce powder in a shaker. It’s a great season on its own when I want lemon/butter. Great on chicken breast/fish/eggs/popcorn

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 7, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I've done it, it's pretty good. I think I like Alton Brown's method better, but it takes longer because you preheat a pan in the oven for half an hour first.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

In my old age I stopped making scrambled eggs, except when I get nostalgic and want a shitload of ketchup and eggs. To many dishes, yes one bowl is too much. I just semi fry then split the yolk and start folding until everything looks good. To note I use a lot of butter and have a bunch hollandaise sauce powder in a shaker. It’s a great season on its own when I want lemon/butter. Great on chicken breast/fish/eggs/popcorn

hollandaise sauce powder sounds like a genius shortcut. gonna have to get me some.

I personally like sunny side up eggs but sometimes I like to cook things different ways just to learn.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

hollandaise sauce powder sounds like a genius shortcut. gonna have to get me some.

I personally like sunny side up eggs but sometimes I like to cook things different ways just to learn.

Yeah I’m either fried sunny side or boiled for my white breakfasts every morning. 2 eggs, cottage cheese with Tapatio, then either a piece of sourdough toast or a string cheese or a banana

But yeah hollandaise powder is great for a lot of stuff. I bought like 10 McCormick packs and threw em in a shaker with big holes and it’s a go to.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 7, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

breakfast on week days is fruit, cereal and milk, and a yogurt cup. weekends i actually cook stuff and take my time. or in better times i would go out for brunch.

a sexual elk posted:

But yeah hollandaise powder is great for a lot of stuff. I bought like 10 McCormick packs and threw em in a shaker with big holes and it’s a go to.

Yeah I'm stealing this.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Heat the pan for 30 minutes what on earth. One of the great things about cooking eggs is that they’re ready about 5 minutes after you think “hey I want some eggs”. I like Alton Brown but that seems unnecessary lol.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Air Skwirl posted:

I've done it, it's pretty good. I think I like Alton Brown's method better, but it takes longer because you preheat a pan in the oven for half an hour first.

what is even the point :psyduck:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I was an extremely picky eater as a child and cottage cheese looked loving disgusting to 6 year old me. I got older and ate more exotic stuff. I had escargot in Paris, I love oysters and child me would absolutely not eat that. I still think cottage cheese is disgusting.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I kind of perfected that technique and every time I make it for others it's a big hit. When I was in Ohio for Christmas I taught my friend's daughter how to make it.

I've moved onto making shakshouka for breakfasts on the weekend but a part of me wants to try out Hester Blumenthal's scrambled eggs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBlbUECI3A

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

what is even the point :psyduck:

If you have the time it's loving delicious.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

breakfast on week days is fruit, cereal and milk, and a yogurt cup. weekends i actually cook stuff and take my time. or in better times i would go out for brunch.

Yeah I'm stealing this.

I enjoy fruit occasionally, I’m just not a sweet kinda guy. Like wife gets a watermelon every grocery trip and I’ll have a bit or an apple or 2 here and there.
And im not a disgusting fastfood slob I just prefer veggie’s way more.

Wife did get a fresh pineapple the other week and I was eating it like cheese at 3am. Pineapple>Watermelon

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I was an extremely picky eater as a child and cottage cheese looked loving disgusting to 6 year old me. I got older and ate more exotic stuff. I had escargot in Paris, I love oysters and child me would absolutely not eat that. I still think cottage cheese is disgusting.

I can only eat one brand in one color haha, every other brand and type within my brand is just wrong

With my man in the hat

Bonus when working out is adding this guy to the mix

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 7, 2024

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Real insanity is when I make my shakshouka, I'll separate the yolks and add the whites to the tomato mixture (after making the divot first for the egg to collect). Let the whites cook for a couple minutes, add the yolks in, cover with a lid, then kill the heat. The time it takes for the bread to toast is more than enough time to put some warmth to the yolks without overcooking them.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Real insanity is when I make my shakshouka, I'll separate the yolks and add the whites to the tomato mixture (after making the divot first for the egg to collect). Let the whites cook for a couple minutes, add the yolks in, cover with a lid, then kill the heat. The time it takes for the bread to toast is more than enough time to put some warmth to the yolks without overcooking them.

Just eat the eggs android

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

pineapple and melons are top tier but my absolute favorite is a perfectly ripe pear. oh god i'm salivating thinking about it...

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I eat the eggs! I just put in extra steps because if I'm wanting runny egg yolks, I'll want them consistently runny.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

3 DONG HORSE posted:

pineapple and melons are top tier but my absolute favorite is a perfectly ripe pear. oh god i'm salivating thinking about it...

I had some fresh pears around the holidays after not having eaten one for years and holy poo poo they were some of the softest, juiciest fruits I've ever had. Absolutely melted like butter without being slimy.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I haven't watched a ton of Nuggets games this year, but I don't think I've seen them lose that badly this season before

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

For me when I’m high…a nice big super crunchy sweet green grape. I’ve tried every combo of high cooking, I even invented the Mama Celeste inside a Quesadilla. But man some good rear end grapes, and when it’s hot out…..man

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

i'd also like to submit ice cold milk and juicy cherries on a hot day. so good you'll die.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

I haven't watched a ton of Nuggets games this year, but I don't think I've seen them lose that badly this season before

As a Laker/Kings fan who stopped watching those sports cause I stopped having cable decades ago. Fuuuuck the nugs and gently caress the avalanche. Fun story last one of the last Kings game I went to some avalanche fan went up to the Staples Centers smoking areas, dude was smashed. He tripped over one of those sectioning pole rope thingies, started screaming for security and almost fell off the deck while security was trying to untangle him

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

i'd also like to submit ice cold milk and juicy cherries on a hot day. so good you'll die.

Wife thinks I’m gross for slamming half a jar of pickles when it’s hot. Then again she hates anything pickle/mustard

Dunno about dairy when it’s hot tho bud, my guts getting worse and worse. I used to drink half a gallon of milk a day, now a simple chug and I’m nauseous

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 7, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

I had some fresh pears around the holidays after not having eaten one for years and holy poo poo they were some of the softest, juiciest fruits I've ever had. Absolutely melted like butter without being slimy.

Dunno if I’m crazy but pears always seem gritty to me, like when I was a kid I’d hunt down the cherry and peaches from the fruit cocktail tins

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Heat the pan for 30 minutes what on earth. One of the great things about cooking eggs is that they’re ready about 5 minutes after you think “hey I want some eggs”. I like Alton Brown but that seems unnecessary lol.

Cast iron? Heats uneven on the stove top, why when I preheat my heavy pans I move them around a lot or oven heated them for even constancy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Docjowles posted:

I liked it as a ritualistic thing. I'd make coffee and read the paper while heating the pan.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

We do have a smaller nonstick pan but that’s mostly for frying eggs a couple eggs or like a pack of sausages, where it’s not worth pulling out the smaller iron.
The main stove stuff are:
6” nonstick
8” iron
12” iron
Big ole ceramic iron Dutch oven
3 different stainless pots (smallest fits a block of ramen perfect)
And a big ole 16” non stick I stirfry/tons of bacon in

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I liked it as a ritualistic thing. I'd make coffee and read the paper while heating the pan.

Gonna bitch about my partner, she always throws her scrambled eggs in when the cast iron pan is way too cold and she doesn’t understand that spray oil is a thing, does the same in the small nonstick….then it sticks

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVEo7SSq4ak

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ok last thing about food. I did warehouse jobs in Los Angeles forever, and it takes awhile to get accepted ,I had an old school boss once he got comfortable with me being the only white guy and to being his right hand man, started sharing his lunches and gently caress cactus/green peppers with asada meat, /chef kiss

Cactus has such a great cooked texture

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 7, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Shut your titties….uh…….Titties

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Intruder posted:

I wanna see the Pacers make the Finals
The Fever are going to do it seven of the next ten years, so maybe the Pacers will provide the warmup.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Six years ago today

This is not the original version

https://x.com/waziot/status/1787530294192492821?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
And 23 years ago on the same date, the "Pine Barrens" episode debuted, directed by Steve Buscemi.

He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbm1tfOyTs&t=113s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Docjowles posted:

I had the exact same reaction. It’s breakfast, no one has got time for that poo poo.