Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

drat, already subscribed. It's a good one. I thought you meant it was a podcast fullly dedicated to the subject.

e: tbh I think The Fly has a pretty terrific depiction of a scientist. A real fuckin dweeb who becomes an rear end in a top hat with a huge ego as soon as he finds a modicum of success, then doubles down on his obsession to his own ultimate self-destruction.
What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The Peccadillo posted:

Europeans got no sense how big a place can be. Continental skeletons litter the world's deserts

...well, Europe as a whole is equal to 1.2 times mainland USA

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

I think sites like RailEurope will automatically bundle tickets for you rhough

Yep. Basically You ask for, let's say, Madrid-Warsaw and you get you 5 tickets for around 3 days of travel in a single go.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

50% of this year movies has sexual content? FIFTY?! What the hell! How?! Why?!

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 3, 2024

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

As I grow old, I'm honestly less and less interested in sex.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Because sex is part of life, any art that's honest about humanity is going to include it

This is, honestly, false. I have nothing against sex scenes in movies, but you are making an idiotic generalization. You can 100% have art that's "honest about humanity" including no sex at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

This might be true for your life, but sex is a pretty common human experience

Sure. So is dealing with death. Must every art that is honest to humanity had a death?
Eating is a common human experience. No art that is honest about humanity is complete without a meal?
Working is a common human experience, so any art that is not dealing with working is not honest about humanity, I suppose.
And having kids! The only arts true about humanity must have parenthood!
Growing up? Bildungsroman or bust, I suppose...