Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Murdstone posted:

Yeah I meant it as "That's a neat look at a different time" not so much in a snarky way.

But still it feels to me a little old fashioned even for the 80s. I don't remember my mom writing a bunch of letters, but I might just not have seen that.

I do remember she always wanted me to write thank you notes for Christmas/birthday gifts and I hated it.

The strips we're currently reading originally ran in the mid-'90s. I also do not recall my mother writing a lot of letters at that time. Nor were phone calls considered prohibitively expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.
The mother in FOOB could be referring to letters to the editor she writes and mails to newspapers each morning, detailing both her mundane household grievances and her numerous bizarre conspiracy theories.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 4/23/61

Finally something that 100% came true!

e:F,B

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 5, 2024

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Vox Valentine posted:

Our National Nightmare Is Over, The New Baby Is Here, Now The Cartoonist Can Plot Less

... A coyote who has presumably lived there for years and not bothered anybody; leave him the gently caress alone.

Strontium posted:

Take It From The Tinkersons

gently caress you, tip the goddamn driver!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

why is the child calvin

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
His mom is from our universe and turned into a rabbit in Hellverse. He was born human and not rabbit because Holbrook understands DNA as well as Konami does reasons.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Malachite_Dragon posted:

... A coyote who has presumably lived there for years and not bothered anybody; leave him the gently caress alone.

gently caress you, tip the goddamn driver!

you tip the driver on the app

the hiding from the driver is just normal avoiding social interaction with a stranger

leave the order at the door

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (June 02, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

But...but it's Sunday. :negative:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Murdstone posted:

But...but it's Sunday. :negative:

Alas, our sins are great.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

riderchop posted:

Classic Arlo and Janis (June 02, 2002)

Cut! Please don't stick your hand in the camera, Arlo. Places, everyone!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FINGERPORI

This took some doing

In the original the juice bar was called "Makusi mukaan", which means "according to your taste" ("makusi" = the genetive second person form of "maku", taste" and "mukaan" = according to, but also along with, bring along etc). The truck's shadow was covering the first two letters in "makusi", and the visible part was therefore "kusi" = piss.

So we have "According to your taste" or "takeaway piss".

Interestingly in Finnish the food-related euphemism for money isn't "cheese" or "cheddar", but "jam".

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

His mom is from our universe and turned into a rabbit in Hellverse. He was born human and not rabbit because Holbrook understands DNA as well as Konami does reasons.

And Danielle was murdering and eating people within a week or two of being transported to Hellworld, turning into a rabbit, and being mistaken for her dead counterpart.

I think she eventually got a memory dump from her counterpart's ghost, I'm not sure.

Lindesfarne is also a human who came through the portal, with the primary difference being that it happened to Lindesfarne as an infant, which is presumably part of the reason why Turvy has not spontaneously become human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant