Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Rule passes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

TulliusCicero posted:

What is MTV?

Is that the stupid poo poo rules change they want?

Motion to Vacate

Separate from the rules change. It's what he's being threatened with if it passes.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

TulliusCicero posted:

What is MTV?

Motion to Vacate

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Data Graham posted:

4 people dying in an embassy in hostile territory that she had no direct control over is the worst thing imaginable, grounds for raising her to the level of SuperHitler and put in textbooks for generations as a figurehead of evil

Over a million civilians dying needlessly at home due to his direct mismanagement and hesitancy that he and his sycophants directly promoted, ehh nbd, someone else's fault anyway
Well it’s a Republican, you know? If you criticize the Republican you’re proving that you’re a lib. But if you focus on, say, emails…

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Mozi posted:

we also know india dramatically undercounted their numbers

Yeah estimates place India at like 3-4 million deaths. It was really bad there.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao the Freedom Caucus are going to look like such clowns when they push a motion to vacate and both Republicans sick of their poo poo AND Dems vote against them.

Lmao Johnson is going to owe the dems for saving him, Rhino incoming, guy in charge of fundraising is going to be part of the DEEP STATE!!!

Delicious

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 19, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

cr0y posted:

What is the rules package and why should I care if it passes or fails or is voted maximum lols

I need context

Mostly for funding for Ukraine.

It's also going to piss off the Russian caucus of the GOP

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao the Freedom Caucus are going to look like such clowns when the push a motion to vacate and both Republicans sick of their poo poo AND Dems vote against them.

They really should all vote to kick MTG and Gaetz, both.

There's gotta be 3/4 support of both Dems and Repubs to do it

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

kazil posted:

Rule passes

Strap in folks

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao the Freedom Caucus are going to look like such clowns when the push a motion to vacate and both Republicans sick of their poo poo AND Dems vote against them.

"This isn't America! Democracy is dead!" I scream as a bipartisan supermajority declares that I suck major rear end

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Raku posted:

"This isn't America! Democracy is dead!" I scream as a bipartisan supermajority declares that I suck major rear end

Yep :smuggo:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Raku posted:

It's hilarious to me that the HFC functions exactly like Trump: we actually have huge support, and we can just manifest votes into reality if we screech about it enough! :byodood:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Nessus posted:

Hillary would have been impeached for the unthinkable and horrific death of sixty thousand Americans to the novel virus. It would be a shibboleth across the nation that she was personally responsible for 20 9/11s.

sorry about your illiteracy

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

What is MTV?

Move to Vacate - i.e. kick the speaker out.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Hillary probably would have been super ineffective and blocked by the gop at every turn if she made it in 2016.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Debate rules for four bills? What's that? Who to give money to and not give within the country?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Just a :lol: reminder, today is the deadline for everyone to post their actual March fundraising/spending reports to the FEC so we can see how full of poo poo Lara was about the "record" amount of money they raised was.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I read that as “MTG is taking a massive *eye emoji*” and I was pretty confused.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Raku posted:

Marge insisting that the swift kick in the rear end she just received was a Victory Boot only given to True Americans, and the bruise is a Medal of Honor.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

kazil posted:

Mostly for funding for Ukraine.

It's also going to piss off the Russian caucus of the GOP

Yea but I mean that vote is tomorrow, so what are they voting on just now?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

emSparkly posted:

Hillary probably would have been super ineffective and blocked by the gop at every turn if she made it in 2016.

She would have been absolute trash and Ted Cruz or somebody like that would currently be president

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

cr0y posted:

There is no vote if the rules package doesn't pass.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MTG will get her MTV

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

somebody needs their nap time

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
So what was the final deal with juror strikes? Each side only had a limited number, right?

Seriously, how much fun would it be to absolutely unload on what you thought about Trump to his face, then get placed on the jury.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Civil posted:

So what was the final deal with juror strikes? Each side only had a limited number, right?

Seriously, how much fun would it be to absolutely unload on what you thought about Trump to his face, then get placed on the jury.

Each side has unlimited strikes "for cause". So if a juror obviously couldn't be impartial they are dismissed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Silly question that I've had for a while: How does he avoid getting bronzer on his shirt collar? I've been looking for a while and cannot recall seeing a single instance.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Civil posted:

I think each side gets a finite number for no reason and can raise actual objections to unlimited numbers. The latter the judge has to approve.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Civil posted:

You would be stricken for cause.

The judge will strike however many jurors he determines absolutely have to be, each side has a limited number of strikes they could use at their own discretion.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

kazil posted:

Each side has unlimited strikes "for cause". So if a juror obviously couldn't be impartial they are dismissed.

I wonder if Trump team will just move to strike any women/POC from the jurors.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not trump releated but the ukraine and other aid bills get voted on in the house saturday and will probably pass causing johnson to get couped.

Dems will keep Johnson in office because (a) he passed Ukraine funding and (b) a GOP speaker that relies on Dems to keep him in office means a neutered majority that’ll tear each other apart.

Dems saved McCarthy too, he was only booted on the next motion because he poo poo-talked Dems for after saving him in the first motion.

Ulf fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 19, 2024

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/18/trump-hush-money-trial-day-three-jury-00153247

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The McCarthy ousting was very cathartic (McCarthic if you will) because he was all smug “the dems are worthless idiots” in front of cameras and then record scratch “yer out!” Don’t bite the hand that feeds you, rear end in a top hat.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

BigglesSWE posted:

I wonder if Trump team will just move to strike any women/POC from the jurors.

Each side had 10 preemptive strikes for any reason at all. They were used up yesterday which is why we filled out the jury quickly at the end.

I think most were used on jurors that leaned liberal

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

cr0y posted:

They just voted on whether or not they were going to vote on the bill.

They voted "yes" to vote on the foreign aid bill for funding to Ukraine, Israel, etc.

Tomorrow, they will vote on whether or not to pass this funding bill.

Since Mike Johnson put the vote to the floor, Margarine Trailer Grease will more than likely vote to remove Mike Johnson from my pants I mean from the Speakership.

Mike Johnson might be untouchable though because Dems may vote against removing him, which would thwart Margarine Trailer Grease and make her enter her final form, which is a dildo medusa.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
that predator mucle arms meme image and it's tankies and MTG shaking hands on denying aid to Ukraine lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BigglesSWE posted:

I read that as “MTG is taking a massive *eye emoji*” and I was pretty confused.

The dog just took a massive *pile of eyes* in the backyard

time to call the vet

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Edit: already addressed in posts above mine

Dick Jones fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 19, 2024

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Ulf posted:

Dems will keep Johnson in office because (a) he passed Ukraine funding and (b) a GOP speaker that relies on Dems to keep him in office means a neutered majority that’ll tear each other apart.

Dems saved McCarthy too, he was only booted on the next motion because he poo poo-talked Dems for after saving him in the first motion.

And then cried that his removal was the Democrat's fault. This was a hearty lol.