Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

lol the guy talking about Mars Attacks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

In the Winter Season thread people have mentioned that the show seems aware of its own nonsense and that's why it keeps piling it on. That's probably true but this episode and last week felt like they adding further bullshit without any energy or enthusiasm behind it. In feels like a sunk cost fallacy obligation as much for the showmakers as it does for the audience at this point.

If the show doesn't care how it presents itself how can it expect the audience to care either?

The show has a sense of humor but this idea it doesn't give a gently caress has always been cap. It doesn't want us to take it all that seriously, I think, but it takes itself pretty seriously. The breathless exposition and worldbuilding, the melodrama, all the time in hallways, even the gothy clown people, all this too is just part of the BONES way. A lil personality goes a long way w this stuff, it's doing some things well and others not so much. Simple as

The family stuff is something to dig into, at least, all these weird robot bitches w their confusing lines, their little dramas and reminiscences. I like Cyan ok.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 21, 2024

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

how quick we forget the skyscraper skateboard ninja clown assassin action extravaganza of B: The Beginning

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Just caught the ending and it was all very BONES Anime to the last but hahaha uhhh, call me crazy but that kinda turned it around for me.

These crazy bitches just BRAVERNed. who can be mad at that

Feels like so many anime end on the vague hope things will be better, someday, or the future generations will yadda yadda, here they just hit the revolution switch and say firmly, "We'll change it. Together." Love that.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

It's still as noncommittal as any of those other vague "things will change in the future" endings, only this one has the extra annoyance of presenting something actually cool in the credits scene and then the show ends. Let's do the revolution, in another show, that doesn't exist.

I'd like tonwatch Rouge fight clown girl and her robot armies but that might actually be interesting.

I see it as more open and legitimately hopeful than that, control has been relinquished. That, and that it's a credit to the show that by the end, I don't really need to see how some fight plays out. They'll win.