Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I think this show would be better without jokerfied vash. he really doesn't contribute much, and in fact takes away from everything else by just being wacky murderman where all the other immortals are different degrees of compromised/struggling with free will vs. survival vs. allegiance to one cause or another

e: however, he does sell the premise that the show as a whole stepped out of a time portal to 2010

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Straight from "there are both sides to the forced obedience brain chips" to "actually the neans are only rebelling because they're being used as a pawn by Bad Aliens to sabotage a project from the Good Aliens, I guess we have to stop this whole liberation movement regardless! nobody can actually be fighting for their own interests, it's all lizard people vs. fish people conspiracy!"

this show had such a good start but now it's frustrating in that special way you only get from something being written with zero thought towards the implications of what you're actually saying. i guess a problem with falling out of a time warp from 2010 is that 2010 era anime could probably bank on two seasons to work all its plotlines out

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

i've just stopped watching entirely and am content with hearing about the ending secondhand. last episode is where it ticked over into too-messy-to-bother territory