Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

that first episode owned hard, absolutely adore the blade runner meets mega man x vibe of everything, and it looks incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the mech suits are very gba and ds-era mega man in a fun way

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Arc Hammer posted:

When Rouge was looking through Naomi's recording glasses and freaked out wuen she saw Metal Rouge confronting Sara, I was at first thinking it was a quirk of her possibly having memory issues since Naomi had made a comment about her possibly malfunctioning a scene before. After my second watch it's clear that she's surprised at seeing herself there rather than her not having a memory malfunction, which gets the payoff when Giallon reveals his mimic ability.

that's a good catch, didn't think of it that way

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the drum and bass remix of crimson lightning in the end fight was so loving cool. if crimson lightning ends up being a motif and they do a bunch of 90s style remixes of it for the fights i'll be losing my loving mind every time.

someone posted earlier that this show it just feels like everyone gave a poo poo - i totally get that, and it's stuff like remixing the main fight theme that makes it feel that way. 2 eps in and i love what they've done so far.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i got by on vibes for a while but the drop in animation quality as well as just kind of exposition dumping and running through halls in this ep has me mostly in sunken cost fallacy mode at this point

my interest in metallic rouge has been steadily dropping since about the end of ep 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Mister Olympus posted:

i've just stopped watching entirely and am content with hearing about the ending secondhand. last episode is where it ticked over into too-messy-to-bother territory

i suspect that this is wisdom