Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

TwoPair posted:

Haven't seen it but my YouTube algorithm has been suggesting multiple reviews saying it's bad so I can't imagine they're too off.

i got recommended a bunch of short videos pointing out how cheap the animation and...'ADR' isn't really the right word so much as 'dialogue that doesn't align with the animation', and that was just from the trailer. you know, the parts that they felt comfortable showing to sell people on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

who knew that 'the good dinosaur but a robot' was exactly what i wanted

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

If I hadn't found out it was the adaptation of a children's book, I would have assumed The Wild Robot was directly pitched as a feature-length version of the Overwatch short 'The Last Bastion'.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Megamind has an extremely rabid fan base and not even like a horny type of fan base. There are people for whom Megamind is an extremely formative like filmmaking and storytelling experience who absolutely despise the new film. And they're loud.

the potent mixture of superhero media, kids' media and Being Actually Pretty Good

(see also the miraculous ladybug fandom)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I stumbled across recordings of the Hunchback's stage production songs on youtube a while ago and i keep them in my recommended because they are all bangers, op

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

HellOnEarth posted:

Man I should rewatch the Tangled cartoon.

i got into it just recently and i was very impressed that they managed to take the dumb executive mandate of 'give rapunzel back her magic hair that she hates' and turn it into a good idea to build a longform fantasy mystery on

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Data Graham posted:

You can't just use AI to get "in the ballpark" and then touch up the fine details.

this is a pretty dumb thing to say when artists do exactly this. you know, by generating a picture and then. touching up the details.

i get that you're trying to say 'image generators are not built to iterate on a set of images they generate unless you tell them to, and you risk over-training them into being useless', but try saying something like that rather than something obviously false

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Robindaybird posted:

the singers tried, but the lyrics don't scan, have some extremely basic grammar errors that doesn't feel intentional, lot of blunt 'I feel this' and less poetical language, it basically feels like someone gave ChatGPT a few prompts and called it a day.

people make the LLM comparison a lot (not to be confused with the LMM comparison) but it's actually worse: they got pop song writers and focus tested the music into oblivion trying to get chart toppers, instead of writing musical music, for their musical movie