Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ya join the goon discord (I'm not in it but playing with people you can coordinate with on comms owns), only touch the pubstove as a last resort, especially in game like this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This game is one of the best experiences I've ever had playing with pubs :shrug: I haven't played this weekend but I guess if people are being toxic now it's because gamers are big pieces of poo poo that let their outrage become rage

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

deep dish peat moss posted:

This game is one of the best experiences I've ever had playing with pubs :shrug:

same after i turned off crossplay. I don't know if they were more dickish or there were connection issues, but after getting kicked/dc'd at extraction a second time i said nope and it hasnt been an issue since.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Is it just me, or is community toxicity starting to ramp up? In the past few days, I've had an unbelievable amount of trolls, teamkillers, abusive chats and people kicking right before extract, not all necessarily towards me. What the hell is going on?

You may have noticed that recently the community has given the game ~200,000 negative Steam reviews over their displeasure about Sony's intention to force players to log in to PSN if they want to continue playing...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

turning off cross-play helped a lot yeah, but pubs being stupid assholes is absolutely not a new thing. The stupid part I'm fine with, who amongst us hasn't banked an eagle bomb run off a rock back towards our own position, but dorks shooting you in the jet so you dropped your samples, immediately ragequitting at the first sign of real resistance, being assholes in chat, etc. has been happening forever.

Hell there's tons of stories early on of people getting teamkilled in pubs just so that the guy can have their samples and support equipment lol

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I have almost 180 hours played in this game, all 100% exclusively with pub matchmaking with crossplay turned on, and I have seen toxicity like 3 times total.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Must be nice

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Penitent posted:

You may have noticed that recently the community has given the game ~200,000 negative Steam reviews over their displeasure about Sony's intention to force players to log in to PSN if they want to continue playing...

What's this about? I haven't heard anything about that. Can we talk about it for a few pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Well, if you insist...