Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

KirbyKhan posted:

Sometimes when I exit the game it freaks my computer out and makes it run at warp speed

I still get that bug where it locks up when you try to close and can't alt-tab out, thankfully the Windows key opening the menu still works so I just have to log out of my profile and that'll force it to close

ZearothK posted:

Warbond with caveman weapons, thrown rock for a grenade, sling secondary, club, spear and bow primaries. Booster that increases move speed of the entire squad.

I keep saying it we need a Stratagem that's just the Super Destroyer hucking an empty Hellpod at the enemy that has a near instant call down and a very short cooldown, basically a bootleg version of the Orbital Railcannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

If the RR came with a loading arm that reloaded it while I ran around and shot things, maybe.

Good idea, but to keep it balanced it takes 3 seconds and only does it once you pull it out and try to fire. Also it doesn't stage the reload, and it will just fire at the end of the animation.

The quasar "reloading" on your back is meaningless when it effectively takes as much time to spool up before every shot as a reload takes

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 23, 2024

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
How does the Quasar work? I haven't played in a while due to DD2, but I tried it today and it wouldn't click for me. I just held it, saw the thing overheat and at the end it did fire. How do you not overheat it? Whenever I let go early it just wouldn't fire.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sioux posted:

How does the Quasar work? I haven't played in a while due to DD2, but I tried it today and it wouldn't click for me. I just held it, saw the thing overheat and at the end it did fire. How do you not overheat it? Whenever I let go early it just wouldn't fire.

You just hold down the button until it shoots, and then it goes on cooldown for a bit. Nothing fancy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sioux posted:

There is no overheating you just have to charge it to shoot the projectile. Once it shoots there's a cooldown before you can shoot again.

Edit: Well i guess technically yeah the act of shooting the projectile is what is overheating the weapon.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Sioux posted:

You have to overheat it to fire it, it cools down afterwards and you can fire it again.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

explosivo posted:

There is no overheating you just have to charge it to shoot the projectile. Once it shoots there's a cooldown before you can shoot again.

Edit: Well i guess technically yeah the act of shooting the projectile is what is overheating the weapon.

My mind went through a journey when I took the Quasar to an ice planet. Yes, it lowers the charge placed on the ammo bar. No, it doesn't matter because Quasar is locked behind cool down.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
They did a really good job with the holy trinity of EATS, RR, and Queso. They all fill the same role, but situation and personal preferences prevent any of them from being the clear winner.

I am biased towards the quasar because if there are no heavy enemies nearby I can blow up something stupid (scout strider, tiny bug, outhouse, etc) and not be at a disadvantage when a big boy shows up.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

PacoPepe posted:

I tend to favor EAT over the Quasar simply because it doesn't matter what happens if you die and get respawned on the other end of the map, or if your equipment gets overrun by the enemy, with the EAT you will always have AT power within a minute.

I like EATs because I can rapid fire a pair into a Titan's face and pre-stage them for big fights. Which is important when the titans suddenly decide to shrug off multiple hits to the face plus a 500kg going off literally on their back.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I like recoilless because I'm always the host and I just grab two supplies then ping it like I just found the supply pod sitting there and I'm the hero.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cognac McCarthy posted:

This is what the Eruptor is for, hth

how is anyone using the eruptor on anything but missile defense and bots, its takes a whole mission to cycle one round.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
you can switch to it, pop a round off, then immediately switch away for starters.

there's also a lot of situations where the slow RoF is absolutely fine, like shooting at a clustered group of enemies and getting multiple kills per shot.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

LazyMaybe posted:

you can switch to it, pop a round off, then immediately switch away for starters.

there's also a lot of situations where the slow RoF is absolutely fine, like shooting at a clustered group of enemies and getting multiple kills per shot.

Yeah but what are you switching to, eruptor is a primary. My secondary is "break in case of emergency". I've yet to find a primary that feels better than the Sickle tbh.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

ijyt posted:

how is anyone using the eruptor on anything but missile defense and bots, its takes a whole mission to cycle one round.

Laserdog and / or teammates running Sickles or Fire Breaker let you focus on shooting things worth shooting with the Eruptor, like stalkers, Hive guards, brood commanders and spewers.

Which are coincidentally targets the fire breaker and sickle kinda suck against.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Infidelicious posted:

Which are coincidentally targets the fire breaker and sickle kinda suck against.

Apes together. Strong

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ijyt posted:

Yeah but what are you switching to, eruptor is a primary. My secondary is "break in case of emergency". I've yet to find a primary that feels better than the Sickle tbh.
depends on what I'm shooting at. but I'm only doing that if there's a lot of stuff that needs to be shot asap, like popping a couple hunters near me with redeemer then shooting an eruptor shot into a group. if it's more chill I just deal with the RoF.

I do it more frequently when running the stalwart/eruptor setup, there you can use stalwart as primary and eruptor for clustered bugs/spewers/hiveguards/brood commanders/holes.
but I normally only do that when the rest of the team is running antitank.

tbh I think sickle feels markedly worse against bugs than breaker/punisher for a 'normal' primary.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

besides the rock formation, is there something visually on the minimap where you can find supersamples? and i don't mean triggering the POI diamond or what not. i keep reading its visible on minimaps if you look close enough?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

besides the rock formation, is there something visually on the minimap where you can find supersamples? and i don't mean triggering the POI diamond or what not. i keep reading its visible on minimaps if you look close enough?
Yeah, there is like a silvery-looking circle.

Like this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1b3jsj1/super_samples_on_minimap_rock_version_with_no/?rdt=38598

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

ijyt posted:

I use it pretty much exclusively vs bugs right now. I run light armor eruptor, redeemer, impacts and usually queso. You just stick and move? It shoots fast enough TBH - shoot, sprint away a little, shoot, sprint away, shoot, take out quasar and shoot something, back to eruptor. Shoot pull out redeemer to hose down the hunter that jumped out of the way of the rocket :argh: etc I always reload when theres 1 shot left in the mag cuz it reloads super fast.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
fortified armor eruptor is also very fun because if you dive backwards you can shoot something in your face and while you'll ragdoll towards them you'll take basically zero damage

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ijyt posted:

Cycling the bolt doesn't slow you down at all so just run away while you do it and explode several bugs at once.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah the hidden power of the eruptor is that it's the most mobile primary that's not one-handed

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I really want to know how they reversed the direction of explosions. That feels like a cat stepping on the minus on the keyboard and nobody noticing.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I love the Eruptor against bugs, still haven’t really gotten the hang of it against bots. I agree with the earlier poster who said AC is king vs bots and Eruptor is a poor man’s AC.

I tried the Adjudicator against bots and I don’t understand what the point is. I tried crouching, I wore anti recoil armor, I tried tap firing, I spammed it into Berserkers at point blank. I tried to Medium Pen devastators.

It basically failed to kill every single thing I thought it would kill. Yes when it gets Devastator headshots it kills them, but it bounces like an absolute bastard. Sickle does the same job so much faster and with infinite ammo.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

space uncle posted:

I love the Eruptor against bugs, still haven’t really gotten the hang of it against bots. I agree with the earlier poster who said AC is king vs bots and Eruptor is a poor man’s AC.

the eruptor is a high radius, low AP explosive weapon with a very low rate of fire. it's about as similar to the autocanon as the grenade launcher is.

also shoot devastators in the legs, not the head. it's very easy to one shot them

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

I keep saying it we need a Stratagem that's just the Super Destroyer hucking an empty Hellpod at the enemy that has a near instant call down and a very short cooldown, basically a bootleg version of the Orbital Railcannon

We have this it's just the first input is shooting a teammate in the face so a lotta people don't know they have it equipped

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The Adjudicator is only really good against bugs and even then at best it's like a middle ground between the Liberator AP and the Dominator.

That said I do like it for bugs because it fares well against both chaff and mediums, but it burns through ammo really quick. Plus its handling reminds me of the NC Gauss rifle from planetside :shobon:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
when i have the eruptor i love it when i spot a giant squad of robot men just chilling on a distant hill side. it's like a cartoon dog looking at someone and seeing a side of beef.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ZeusCannon posted:

We have this it's just the first input is shooting a teammate in the face so a lotta people don't know they have it equipped

Well the idea is being able to do that without someone on your team dying first

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Well the idea is being able to do that without someone on your team dying first

.......... I .. I dont understand

Edit: thats what theyre there for!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

They should add the dart gun from Bad Company 2. A sidearm that shoots a little tracer dart and whatever it hits will have calldowns locked-in so you can consistently directly hit a 500kg or precision strike, and spears can instantly lock on too

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Honestly i would be fully down for a backpack that let me direct turrets for focus fire

It wouldnt be meta but itd be fun

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
I was just on a ICBM mission on a bug ice planet and I came across a group of bugs that appeared to be stealthed. They were just outlines, predator style, but appeared normal once I opened fire on them. Is this a graphical bug or am I seeing things? I swear I saw the outline of a bot dropship fly by around the same time and it made me feel like I'm going crazy.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

A Long Way Down posted:

I was just on a ICBM mission on a bug ice planet and I came across a group of bugs that appeared to be stealthed. They were just outlines, predator style, but appeared normal once I opened fire on them. Is this a graphical bug or am I seeing things? I swear I saw the outline of a bot dropship fly by around the same time and it made me feel like I'm going crazy.

Stalkers?

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

They were different types, that's what seemed odd about it.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
There is nothing finer than throwing an eagle airstrike at a bot patrol, then a stun grenade, then watching them all blow up without firing a shot.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
380 for big bases and bot drops;
120 for shrieker nest, detector tower;
Mortar for killing;
EMS Mortar for more support.

Love running around like an artillery officer.

After all upgrades, the 380 has about a 40 meter radius. Maybe 45. 120 is about 20 meters.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I want to play the alternate version of this game where I'm an Eagle pilot putting down 500 KGs or a bridge officer coordinating orbital strikes

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
yesssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

hiddenriverninja posted:

I want to play the alternate version of this game where I'm an Eagle pilot putting down 500 KGs or a bridge officer coordinating orbital strikes

Bridge officer is easy, click one button then sit around for 3 minutes before you do it again.