Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the new home promotion of Kazuchika Okada?
This poll is closed.
World Wrestling Entertainment 26 22.61%
All Elite Wrestling 51 44.35%
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling 17 14.78%
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre 5 4.35%
The LA Dodgers 13 11.30%
Comedy Option: MLW 3 2.61%
Total: 115 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Oh gently caress I just realised we're getting new Okada theme song

Rocky Romero already recorded it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Rappongi 4k 4k 4k

Rocky the Rapper here to make the money drop like Pac Man fans in a strip cluuuuub

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

On a scale of 1-10 how disappointed will we be as a collective if Okada shows up in WWE?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

fart blood posted:

What will you two have for dinner?

steaks

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Okada signing with TNA would obviously be very funny but also Okada is so clearly meant to be a company’s Ace it would be perfect for both Okada and TNA. Riding the momentum of changing back and signing, debatably, the second greatest wrestler ever. We could be looking at three major American promotions at one time, plus an incredible indie scene. Wrestling could hit a new level

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fart blood posted:

What will you two have for dinner?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Okada is going to that woman's wrestling league in New York. He is going to do backstage interviews and drive a boat or something

It's his dream to finally get to work with a world class milliner (for some reason I couldn't remember the word for a hatmaker & wanted to call them a luthier except I know that's the word for a guitar/violin etc maker. Maybe Okada really wants a guitar hat, IDK)

ChrisBTY posted:

On a scale of 1-10 how disappointed will we be as a collective if Okada shows up in WWE?

Personally a 2. The disappointment was him leaving New Japan. The destination matters little. But this forum as a whole? It'll be a 9 or 10.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Okada is going to

my house, and I will make him mac and cheese. if he's especially nice I'll throw in some bacon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think it's a work and he's just going to wrestle for a little bit in america then go back. because he said njpw loving sucks and is dying very soon. you don't say real things like that unless it's fake

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Okada in WWE would be the better option cause it's the funniest path. If he's in AEW, we'll just get endless discourse about why he isn't immediately world champ upon joining.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChrisBTY posted:

Terry Funk died as a preemptive measure because he didn't want to bump into Okada and not be able to say,"You stayed out of jail!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Okada has had a very full career at this point so if he retired tomorrow I wouldn't really be that disappointed.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Okada came to my house last year and he makes an incredible jambalaya.

I’m rooting for him to go to NXT just for the puro weeb meltdown but I do really like the idea of him going to TNA now.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, if he's debuting at a pape, Revolution would be the more likely. Or it'd be the Raw after WM.

Comedy option: Effy’s Big Gay Brunch IX

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Okada has had a very full career at this point so if he retired tomorrow I wouldn't really be that disappointed.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

If Okada retired tomorrow I would be extremely disappointed

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Lil' Kazu's gonna surf with Nakamura.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

the entire signing story is just a cover, in reality Okada sailed off ages ago to battle the mighty kraken

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I just heard the Dodgers managed to sign Okada

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Everyones made the Dodgers joke already but wasnt Okada an actual baseball prospect before becoming a wrestler

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

I heard Okada was going to a nice seafood restaurant and he’s booked a reservation for two and he’s going over the menu and he will pick up the bill since he’s just that kind of guy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

Everyones made the Dodgers joke already but wasnt Okada an actual baseball prospect before becoming a wrestler

I know he played it in school, dunno how good he was. But there was a documentary where he went back to his old high school that was on NJPW World & I'm sure he talked about that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Alaois posted:

i thought it was an olympic prospect or something for track & field

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I know he played it in school, dunno how good he was. But there was a documentary where he went back to his old high school that was on NJPW World & I'm sure he talked about that

I have vague memories of him throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game and surprising everyone by throwing an actual heater

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

My only NJPW baseball related memory is the time Liger got into a fight with the mascots, that rocked

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada tossed an opening pitch for an NPB league game in gear and it was good it got play on a US newscast!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Personally a 2. The disappointment was him leaving New Japan. The destination matters little. But this forum as a whole? It'll be a 9 or 10.

I'd be very disappointed, because now I won't be able to watch my favourite wrestleguy.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the skipper and i are taking a sea adventure and none of you are invited (except for That DICK! and Alaois, climb on boys)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This will summon Suzuki to fight you and Okada for the right to live One Piece in real life

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Okada tossed an opening pitch for an NPB league game in gear and it was good it got play on a US newscast!

is that the one where the newscaster lady was absolutely feening over lil kazu?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I couldn't find footage of that, but I did find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqbpV3J9uzQ

"What move will you show us?"
"...hmm.... Stump Piledriver!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I couldn't find footage of that, but I did find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqbpV3J9uzQ

"What move will you show us?"
"...hmm.... Stump Piledriver!"

lmao the lightest chop that it's physically possible for kazu to throw

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

I'd be very disappointed, because now I won't be able to watch my favourite wrestleguy.

you can watch him on wwe raw

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Not even once.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

you can watch him on wwe raw

How dare you

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lid posted:

Oh gently caress I just realised we're getting new Okada theme song

Only if he goes to WWE

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Venomous posted:

Only if he goes to WWE

I imagine Rukus is noodling around on his synthesiser just in case.

Is Okada's music by the same person who does most of the NJPW stuff or by the person who did Naito's (and maybe Goto's?)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

reminds me of this video of Brian Cage and his wife (girlfriend at the time) Melissa Santos at some convention where they did a chop exchange

Melissa hits him as hard as she can and almost breaks her hand. Cage throws like a 1/10th power chop and about kills her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6pbmGIeoLs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I'm pretty sure Mimorin could take a harder chop better than that dude.