Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
i hope the PURE LOVE between isami and smith wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I wonder if Bravern's gonna turn out like those aliens in Galaxy Quest, influenced by a broadcast of super robot and Hollywood movies?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It would make his references make sense if he's been watching satellite TV for the past twenty years or so on his way to Earth. It doesn't explain how he claims to know Isami though so as a theory it's got holes.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Even though he’s naked, he’s having a wonderful time inside me!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The bigger question raised here is when the captain wonders why Bravern is already registered in their IFF database, symbol and all. That makes it seem like more of a conspiracy... but why so specific?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I feel that it's less of a conspiracy and more a case of Bravern having zero concept of boundaries. Not that it won't cause the military to freak out that the alien robot has access to their technology on a whim.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Ga-wa-pi!

I know for the past 3 episodes, its just been endless battle/torture/battle
but Isami needs to stop whining.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

GateOfD posted:

Ga-wa-pi!

I know for the past 3 episodes, its just been endless battle/torture/battle
but Isami needs to stop whining.

Get out of the robot, isami

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
still can't believe the amazing OP is only 1m30s long because it has so much going on in it

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Get out of the robot, isami

He was literally forced out, so that's settled.

Hopefully the cops don't wrangle everybody in this mess though

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The courtship customs of the Gawapi

Weird imagery of the turtle laying an egg at the start of the episode and Isami being shat out from bravern at the end.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 26, 2024

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's like a switch went off in her head, is uncanny.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

RangerKarl posted:

Hopefully the cops don't wrangle everybody in this mess though

What, you think they're going to put cuffs on Bravern?

Actually, that'd be pretty funny, so maybe they will

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Caphi posted:

The bigger question raised here is when the captain wonders why Bravern is already registered in their IFF database, symbol and all. That makes it seem like more of a conspiracy... but why so specific?

It's because in other Super Robot shows they use the same trope without explanation.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I love that most of the Super Robot-isms are coming from Bravern himself. His theme song (that he sings) is playing because he's blasting it from his speakers. His emblem that shows up behind him when he transforms is there because he's projecting the image from his back. He probably also found time to design a Bravern graphic and upload it to the military's database, too.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Not just a graphic, his entire IFF protocol is compatible with US hardware, somehow, because they can identify him as Bravern as soon as he enters range. That's some fancy hardware he's packing because our IFF protocol is encrypted.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

this show loving owns

i was thinking "is isami gonna get hit again???" in the van, 0079 style... and whats the deal with lulu??

also i hope bob cia shows up again, so he can die

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope Lulu learns to talk because Bravern declares she can talk. I dunno if I can watch a whole show of her speaking like a Togepi

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think Lulu is piccolo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It would be fantastic if Lulu can't talk normally, fantastically funny if she continues to talk like a goddamn Pokemon.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I want them to teach Lulu sign language.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I am going to be so disappointed if this show doesn't end with someone loving the robot.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
What day is Bravern Day?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bravern already described having Isami in his cockpit to be analogous to sex, so somebody is loving the robot.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
If it’s making gay jokes for the sake of haha this sounds gay, is it actually gay?

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Bravern already described having Isami in his cockpit to be analogous to sex, so somebody is loving the robot.

Needs more cum.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Weed Wolf posted:

It's because in other Super Robot shows they use the same trope without explanation.

And in this one, those tropes are presented as invasive and/or surreal rather than normal and unremarkable. That's kind of the whole thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Captain Fargle posted:

Needs more cum.

Submerge yourself in Bravern's fluids just like in The Abyss.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Captain Fargle posted:

Needs more cum.

For robots cum is laser blasts.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

Submerge yourself in Bravern's fluids just like in The Abyss.

The Abyss reference in the show was pure psychic damage. When it was happening, I was in the middle of saying to my partner "hey just like in The Abyss" and then Bravern said the thing while I was saying it, and then I felt really old.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 27, 2024

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Oh god I just realized that The Abyss is contemporaneous with both the original run of Brave shows and what inspired it. Holy poo poo Bravern might just actually be a huge nerd for Earth Culture, just not to the extent of the aliens in Galaxy Quest.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fivemarks posted:

Oh god I just realized that The Abyss is contemporaneous with both the original run of Brave shows and what inspired it. Holy poo poo Bravern might just actually be a huge nerd for Earth Culture, just not to the extent of the aliens in Galaxy Quest.

We'll only know for sure if he calls for a rescue mission to Gilligan's Island.

Those poor people.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Fivemarks posted:

If Bravern turns out to be a huge fan of the Brave series of anime my brain will break from the meta.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
At this point, I will not be surprised if Biggus McGuyhuge shows up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I think Bravern is part cat.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm not a big fan of the character archetype Lulu apparently is/is riffing on but if everyone treats it as weird as they treat Bravern I suppose that would be acceptable.

I did enjoy Bravern a lot this episode.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
we're getting samurai flamencoed here, aren't we

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Hellioning posted:

I'm not a big fan of the character archetype Lulu apparently is/is riffing on but if everyone treats it as weird as they treat Bravern I suppose that would be acceptable.

I did enjoy Bravern a lot this episode.

All of the main three boys got at least one girl with an crush scene this episode and, like a lot of Bang Bravern, it felt like a genre thing that they were pointedly not reacting "correctly." With Smith in particular, that entire sequence is connected with him walking out of the "girls' changing room" and not reacting at all, as well as the moment where the hotel clerk goes from the usual ribbing to "maybe they are siblings..."

It doesn't feel like the usual main boy obliviousness, either (Sasaki and Peeps is over that way).

All that said, why did he take his shirt off to do CPR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's Hawaii it's hot and he's sweaty.