Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't care whether he explains so long as they kiss.

It's not very heroic to leave your friends thinking that you're dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Captain Fargle posted:

It's not very heroic to leave your friends thinking that you're dead!

I think you'll find that maintaining a secret identity is heroic as poo poo.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Also it would be really skeevy if he kissed Isami without telling him and it's unacceptable for the show to end without them doing that.

It's no way to build a healthy relationship.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
their relationship should become more toxic after the reveal actually

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I feel bad for that poor bastard that was sent into space.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Azubah posted:

I feel bad for that poor bastard that was sent into space.

Maybe he'll come back

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I'm genuinely really worried that show is going to end with it just queerbaiting and us all being left hanging. There's not a lot of time left to wrap thing up you know? Also anime series like this don't have a great track record when it comes to gay relationships.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

So write a fanfic about it like every frustrated nerd in the history of fandom instead of posting fantasies about confronting Obari in the thread.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Midjack posted:

So write a fanfic about it like every frustrated nerd in the history of fandom instead of posting fantasies about confronting Obari in the thread.

Oh.

I'm sorry if that post came across as genuine. It was supposed to read as exaggerated sarcasm.

My apologies. I'm not trying to go aggro on the thread.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c-N2dzJHDE

I think Superbia is gonna get a full on blast of what a willing pilot can offer compared to a one-use battery when Lulu pilots him.

Lol at that title, too.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Like father like daughter :allears:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Bladeofgreat/status/1766930879048266111?t=wLxxa2nt4FTgEcOpJ22SYQ&s=19

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
If the Brave Series have told me anything, its that they're going to GATTAI

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

That title lmao

If anyone doesn't know, omiai is Japanese for matchmaking marriage interviews

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I both loved and hated this episode. The lack of Isami and Bravern just having an honest conversation together is destroying me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This start of this episode was so disorienting I had to go back and see if I'd missed one

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
We Terminator now?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The subtitles flipping to ga-ga-pi for one line was an incredible joke.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Fivemarks posted:

We Terminator now?

Always was lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lulu turning magical girl for her suit up sequence was beautiful.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

This episode also did nothing to ease my anxiety that the whole show is just going to end with having been a dozen episodes of queerbaiting. The writers are extremely good about keeping me on the edge of my seat to see how it ends.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Carry on, Lieutenant.
https://twitter.com/MON0EYE/status/1768342019208839197?t=ts_tAncTnA5yZY2P00OV0Q&s=19

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 14, 2024

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Sure, why not, what's one more genre added to the pile?

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 14, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Context not needed.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man when we get Bravern in SRW I do hope we get some more time in the alternate future. Too many good designs to be used just for one episode

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bravern so good, unlike other shows that appear to go off the rails everything is planned, the story is fully plotted out from day one. If this is wrong that's the craziest thing I've ever heard since we're still getting payoffs from the OP as of this episode.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's certainly one way to time travel. Back into your younger self to basically upload memories of the Dark Future.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Are their 2 more episodes?

I really liked this one. I'm also fingers crossed that it hasn't just been all queerbaiting.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
i'm glad the old man robot got pegged

bondster
May 6, 2007

I really loved this episode but was a bit offput by Lulu constantly calling Superbia "Uncle" during all their attempts to become partners because that whole sequence seemed very sex-coded to me. Loved the magical girl transformation though

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
seemed??

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lulu is still learning human languages she might not exactly know about the nuances of phrasing.

Off topic, but did it seem to anyone else that the audio for today's episode was ever so slightly out of sync? It was just enough for me to notice.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 15, 2024

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

bondster posted:

I really loved this episode but was a bit offput by Lulu constantly calling Superbia "Uncle" during all their attempts to become partners because that whole sequence seemed very sex-coded to me. Loved the magical girl transformation though

I agree but at the same time younger people in Japan (and a lot of other Asian countries) often call middle aged men “Uncle”. I’ve often been called that while over there. So I don’t think it was a deliberate incest thing, although, yeah. Ugh.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

my 'I <3 robots' shirt raises a lot of questions answered by my shirt

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It's Peak

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

lulu will NEVER die

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I agree but at the same time younger people in Japan (and a lot of other Asian countries) often call middle aged men “Uncle”. I’ve often been called that while over there. So I don’t think it was a deliberate incest thing, although, yeah. Ugh.
There's some nuance here, in japanese "ojiisan" is a generic term of address for older men that typically gets translated to "uncle", but Lulu specifically uses "ojiisama" which adds an extra level of reverence that would probably be odd to show a stranger and is usually used as a term of respect for one's grandfather specifically. So she's treating him as Some Old Guy but also as someone to be respected like one's own family, which in practice winds up adding an extra layer of gonzo to the situation

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
One very minor complaint I have about the show is that we're not really gonna get to watch Bravern liberate the Earth bit by bit going from east to west. They sailed for Japan and wiped out most of the Deathdrives there and now they're sailing all the way back to Hawaii to finish off the remaining ones. So they technically are starting in Japan and finishing with saving the USA like Bravern said (saving the best for last) but no big battles in between the two. I wanna see Bravern fight a Deathdrive in Egypt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I've seen anime talking heads complain about how the single-cour production lean of the industry has kneecapped ambitious scifi mecha shows, and while Bravern has proved you can still do it and have it be good, I don't think anyone would say "Nah, we don't need more if this" if additional episodes were an option