Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Caphi posted:

All that said, why did he take his shirt off to do CPR?

? shirts are limiters bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Caphi posted:

All of the main three boys got at least one girl with an crush scene this episode and, like a lot of Bang Bravern, it felt like a genre thing that they were pointedly not reacting "correctly." With Smith in particular, that entire sequence is connected with him walking out of the "girls' changing room" and not reacting at all, as well as the moment where the hotel clerk goes from the usual ribbing to "maybe they are siblings..."

It doesn't feel like the usual main boy obliviousness, either (Sasaki and Peeps is over that way).

All that said, why did he take his shirt off to do CPR?

Is Bravern the third main boy?

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

pork never goes bad posted:

Is Bravern the third main boy?

Yes

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

Mister Olympus posted:

we're getting samurai flamencoed here, aren't we
This has been on my mind ever since the second episode.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

waiting for the one female strider pilot to get a female talking mech

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It'll be the mechanic girl and Hibiki will continue to cringe every time she talks.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6VTiQB6Cec I have no idea what the gently caress is going on in this show. Every next episode trailer has me asking more questions

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I just don't know. It looks Lulu centric so there's that but some of the other scenes are kinda way out in left field. I'm sure it'll make sense on Thursday.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kwyndig posted:

I'm sure it'll make sense on Thursday.

Holding onto this one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gagapi

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If nothing else I have to respect Lulu's VA for managing to sound so much like a literal baby.

Even Ellie from Precure, who was literally a toddler in the show, didn't sound that convincing.

Octo1
May 7, 2009
In a shocking twist, there was no super robot fight this week. I feel betrayed!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
"Actually Smith" continues to intensify as only Smith and Bravern use the name "Japan" rather than "Nihon" or "Nippon."

Bravern will be the last thing Lulu refuses to stop calling "Smith."

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
This anime is my #1 recommendation of the season, hands down

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, I'm convinced that Bravern grew up watching American movies as a passtime.

It's amazing how this show can seemingly switch tones and modes on a dime and not get any whiplash from it.

Also, the full OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rAd4SXGn6w

Includes the Bravern Shubabababababa

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 2, 2024

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
That one dude was like I'm going to bring Bravern some weiners.

and then he did

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They were all Germans at the hotel weren't they?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That bar scene was 100% brave anime and it rocked

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Of course heroes drink for free.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
For all the fun madcap stuff I'm glad the show takes the time to make the more earnest and serious scenes land too. I liked the little exchange between the Lt. Colonel and the Sgt. Major. But also everyone at the base fussing over Lulu was great

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unhappy to see the cia dude's still alive but glad waterboarding has no effect on Lulu :v

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Synthbuttrange posted:

Unhappy to see the cia dude's still alive but glad waterboarding has no effect on Lulu :v

I am being waterboarded. I immediately break out of my binds and down several gallons of water. I am let go.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's funny again how everyone is reacting fairly normally to the absurdity of the Super Robot Show happening before their eyes. I enjoyed that everyone was pretty understanding of the bizarre situation Smith is stuck in with Lulu... except for Isami. Everyone else is being really helpful with Lewis and Lulu but Isami is just immediately pissed off that blond best buddy looks like he's fooling around while HE has to save the Earth.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Feb 2, 2024

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its a hard life, being a single gay dad

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Synthbuttrange posted:

I love what one trick ponies these guys are lol, we only know how to waterboard here

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol that they have to keep that gaping hole in the meeting room so Bravern can join in, its probably really cold in there since they can't patch it up.

Not much mech fights this week, but plenty of Lulu, don't blame Isami. The choice between a super robot and a random mysterious girl that talks like a bird is a touch choice.

lol, GA-GA-PI when she hit Isami for being mean to Smith, watch your language Lulu.
Honestly, Isami's been kind of annoying and mean lately. He needs to lighten up.

Japanese curry is indeed great.

A cooldown episode, but looks like we're gonna get a lot of action in the next few.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm up to the fourth episode and still have no idea what the gently caress is this show, but I guess it's the one I'm sticking with for the whole season.

Request: someone GIF that head nod with the wieners. It is a work of art.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lulu is hilarious. Theres a lot of toddler like characters in mecha but here is a girl that is literally a toddler. You have to teach her new words, she misuses them always, throws tantrums until she falls asleep and pukes when she eats solid food.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Turns out if you don't want to get waterboarded you can just drink all the water

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Polikarpov posted:

Turns out if you don't want to get waterboarded you can just drink all the water

AMERICANS HATE THIS ONE TRICK

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Drinking that much water would kill you though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Polikarpov posted:

That scene is like literally just a dril tweet come to life

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kwyndig posted:

That's just what the torturers want you to think

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Finally got caught up, this is the good poo poo I absolutely needed.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Kwyndig posted:

It's OK she's an alien

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

"I'm going out quenched."

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

looking forward to Bravern in a future SRW game

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

GateOfD posted:

:yeah:

im very glad the cia guys got owned, and also that smith is a dad now

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

GateOfD posted:

they already included ZLS in X-Omega so it's not far off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wonder if they'll have to get her baby food

just like in robocop