Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I think most mecha fans expected it to have Super Robot/Brave robot. The real twist is just how extra Bravern is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That bar scene was 100% brave anime and it rocked

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Honestly I thought they'd transition to a different scene cause I've seen kids mecha shows do that and kinda of laughed when the next shot was everyone in the briefing room just sitting silently

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/gsc_mechasmile/status/1756472641911660920?s=46&t=SykyZFG-qzR3maxZbF3Exg

Can't sleep Bravern will gattai with me

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't think it's gonna be a time loop I'm guessing they are alien and somehow a robot show broadcast so think Earth is all Gung ho for robot fights and whelp it isn't

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'm guessing I'm gonna be wrong about this not being a time loop lamo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man I was so wrong and everyone else was right but I don't care cause it was so good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The best part was the bravery speech was 100% purr unfiltered Brave Robots. You could see Guy in Gaogaigar giving this speech

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man when we get Bravern in SRW I do hope we get some more time in the alternate future. Too many good designs to be used just for one episode

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That Superbia/Bravern fight gonna be great when we do it in a Super Robot Wars

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even though it's fitting it's still super funny that a Cygames anime first gacha appearance is in a non Cygames game

What I'm saying is Bravern event in Granblue with the Robomi crew

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

yeah I figured as much but if it has power of love / friendship that's close enough for me. plus seeing that it's a shorter series is also a much easier sell

We very much get a speech in Bravern that 100% felt like a Guy from Gaogaigar and it was awesome

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

you could just move bravern and superbia actually fading away to the epilogue of said SRW game

but yeah my only real complaint with this show is that i wish the sidecast got more screentime because they all feel like fun characters but barely got any lines

I really want a sidestory manga of Shelly and Akira cause I just know they did some cool stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just for a flashback have the original PV

https://twitter.com/bangbravern/status/1663108470328147968

The really did lie to us and make it bad on purpose didn't they!