Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nereidum
Apr 26, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I was rewatching the OP and I realized that with the number of robot silhouettes and the Starscream-looking guy

I think Isami is going to have to defeat Bravern's seven evil exes

Given that Superbia is Latin for "Pride," it seems like they might be going for a Seven Deadly Sins thing here, in which case the others could be Luxuria (Lust), Gula (Gluttony), Avaritia (Avarice), Acedia (Sloth), Ira (Wrath), and Invidia (Envy).

I see what they did there. ボブ・クレイブ (bobu kureibu) is just a couple of kana changes away from アブ・グレイブ (abu gureibu, Abu Ghraib).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nereidum
Apr 26, 2008

Caphi posted:

I'm gonna put down my theory now:

Bravern is, in some sense, Smith. He was made from Smith's dreams and ideals somehow, and his personality is Smith's. Maybe manifested him somehow, or got scanned, or he gets himself turned into a robot in the future and comes back. Maybe the girl and her alien technology is involved.

See, Bravern is explicitly Smith's perfect dream super robot, and he and Smith are awfully similar. The reason he can't be piloted effectively by Smith is because he'd be piloting himself. It'd be the same as just Bravern. He has to be keyed to someone else - and that person is the one Smith believes in the most.

There's no contradiction in the ending theme at all. It's not a love triangle. Smith trusts Isami and Isami trusts Smith, he just doesn't know he is putting himself inside Smith. And Bravern may not even know why he's all about Isami, but it would all make sense if he got it from Smith.

Something in episode 3 makes me think you might be on to something here. How does Bravern know about The Abyss, and why did he use that as a reference to explain "filling the cockpit with breathable liquid" when, say, Evangelion does that too? Well, the average American is probably a lot more likely to have encountered the concept from the former than the latter.

Nereidum
Apr 26, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/bangbravern/status/1755613727544791136?t=aN380HxwMhz4cjowwDhKGw&s=19

It looks like a Sazabi or a Dilanza got put in a blender with some Armored Core designs.

The URLs and background text in the images on the website say "Cupiditas," which is a Latin word meaning "desire," "greed," "covetousness," or "lust," so it still seems to fit with the "seven deadly sins" naming theme that Superbia ("pride") started. Oddly, the katakana (クピリダス "kupiridasu") don't quite match up with that name.