Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yea idk why people are acting like this is some Huge Surprise That Took Everyone By Storm, its was pretty obvious from the promo materials. feel like its mostly people who barely know obari or mecha talking about it like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so this tweet is the character designer saying that they mostly draw yuri artbooks and feel a little silly imagining BY THE CHARACTER DESIGNER OF BRAVERN on them

they then followed this up by drawing

https://twitter.com/sangsilnoh/status/1748762230278263087

if bravern also has yuri in it it might truly be anime of the century

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tbh even if this had been a stock real robot show i think obaris name would have gotten it way more attention thqn freaking kyoukai senki. Like obaris name is a franchise in itself, even western fans are aware of him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean i think a spinoff series that barely anyone knew was coming out thats attached to a franchise that already failed is gonna get less views than something thats getting big promotion as DIRECTED BY MASAMI OBARI

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I know nothing of this series but I saw Brave in the title and assume that it's somehow related to the Brave series. are robots our best friends in this one too?

its directed by masami obari, who was a mecha designer, animation director, and key animator for some of the brave series. he was most involved with fighbird, but he worked on all of them besides goldran and dagwon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he was naked inside bravern (smith) idk what else you need

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this fixation on like, kissing or w/e, is kinda weird. a lot of straight romance anime dont end with that lol. it feels mostly like projection outwards as needing something to 'prove' its gay when even if they did make out for 20 minutes uninterrupted people would still ignore it. idk

like 'not missing anything...' but 11 itself means a lot. its weird to act like it doesnt matter just because they didnt perform this hyperspecific action. its basically arguments homophobes make to dismiss gay text but from the opposite direction

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I mean, at the end of Witch of Mercury the couple got married so it's not a stretch to ask for a kiss.
tbf witch from mercury also had some random exec screaming about how that was a mass delusion we all experienced

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a post-credits where smith and isami crack open cold ones (kona big wave) in a hot tub

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Fargle posted:

I really resent the words you're trying to put in my mouth here.

Me, as a gay man, wanting greater representation on screen of gay couples being allowed to be openly intimate and affectionate towards each other is not at all a comparable situation. Kindly knock it off.
im just talking about how i feel as an also gay person, chill. it just felt to me like it was treated the same as a lot of straight couples in mecha anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like the character designer's insistence on posing the girls as gayly as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could just move bravern and superbia actually fading away to the epilogue of said SRW game

but yeah my only real complaint with this show is that i wish the sidecast got more screentime because they all feel like fun characters but barely got any lines